Post WDW Depression

paul436

Can you imagine then what it means to check out of your Disney-resort knowing that you won't return for a year or perhaps even years?:(:cry:
It really hits me the hardest the last time I leave MK each trip. I make a point of getting a good long last look at the castle before I leave.

The Empress Lilly

Hahaha, so we're not the only ones that do this huh?

For us it starts the minute we check out.

When we arrive at the resort we see all the people leaving and say "Woohooo, just starting our getaway!".....but then on the last day we're dragging out the front lobby all sad looking at the people just coming in.

The funniest part is we're there about once a month.
So funny! :ROFLOL:

Oh, that made my day. I live 10000 miles away and frankly, never know just when I will return again. Needless to say, I sob for weeks when leaving. Somehow, I find the thought that people who go once a month also leave teary-eyed very comforting. :)

KnK

It's the 'last week at this time I was doing this' that really makes me ill. I know not to do it, but I can't help myself.

CBug88

I scrapbook the trip we just got finished w/ so all of the moments are fresh in my mind (and I can add detail). I then start helping plan the next trip as well as get on Disney sites daily to see what is going on in the world!

nicnic

I've just ordered 14 hours of disney footage from 'relivethemagic' can't wait for ito arrive, i'm in the UK so i have to wait 14 days, too long!!!
has anyone ever purchased this?

DisneyGigi

My depression starts with my last walk down Main Street. I always cry. We do usually stop at the beach for a few days and that helps.
It's funny because I am so excited that it is almost time for our trip but I am also dreading the let down of it all being over too. Then the countdown starts all over again! :(

AliceinWhoville

My depression started May 10th we were in Fantasyland while the fireworks were going off overhead.
I told my daughter (it was our last hour in disney) to say goodbye to the fireworks, bye to the small world ride, bye to the castle. And we rode the Haunted Mansion one lasttime at like 1045pm and left.
Wahh

3 months later I still havent gotten out of that funk so I found someone to book another trip with me for Dec. So I am back on a high with planning everything!

cowanfamily

Planning the next trip is always the easiest way for me to get over it. My kids make it difficult to stay depressed over it. Now that they are older they get involved in the planning process. Having them on board makes it even more fun.

KingStefan

Planning the next trip is always the easiest way for me to get over it. My kids make it difficult to stay depressed over it. Now that they are older they get involved in the planning process. Having them on board makes it even more fun.

My financial situation (and other things going on in my life right now) make it very difficult to know when the next trip will be. So I come on here in the hopes of finding someone who needs some help in planning their trip, at least some aspect of it. That helps. It feels really good to know (or at least think) that you helped someone out!

I just got back from Disney yesterday, and I certainly know what you mean. I don't know when I'll go next, at least a year until my next trip. I know when I leave Disney, I'm usually numb. I don't really think about "next week at this time..." or "the next time I step on this leaf..."

Now that I'm home I got a twisted feeling thinking about what I was doing 48 hours ago and my stomach's churning just writing this. The only thing I can suggest is to involve yourself in your next trip and to fawn over everything you brought home. (These forums help too!) Everything Disney helps your Disney addiction! I hope you had a nice trip!

tomm4004

I got PDD (post Disney depression) after our December trip but not after our May trip. The difference: coming back to winter. I also enjoyed our May trip more knowing that the weather would be good and summer would be on its way when we got home. Going in December and knowing a long winter awaits makes me miss WDW more when I get home. And it even makes the final day there depressing knowing what awaits. I'm leaning towards planning more spring trips now than winter ones.

michelemily

Even though they are a bit cheesey and out of date a little, (filmed in 1990) I watch the disney sing a longs for Animal Kingdom and Disneyland (my kids have them and love them)....the characters ride the rides and it is easy to reminisce about our last trip. I feel the disney feeling watching the parades and the characters...........Plus, we are now new dvc members and we can book our trip for june in november, so i have that countdown going to look forward to.........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom