Possilble Fairy Meet and Greet Area

Biff215

Nah...intellectual property isn't an issue.
By the time you would ever post what you think they are doing, the actual project is several years along in development and would obviously have not been influenced in any way by whatever you might post on a message board. That's a bogus concern, no matter who raises it.

Speculation or predictions about what is happening is perfectly safe and legal, and poses no threat to anyone other than the poster who runs the risk of (GASP!) being wrong.
Posting predictions after the fact, easily gaurantees a 100% accuracy rate.

Thanks for clearing that up, Lee. That was just about the most ridiculous thing I had ever read on this site, even coming from jt. If Disney stopped a project every time someone mentioned something similar online, nothing would ever get built. Or at least nothing connected to an existing property such as Tangled. Even if I posted the idea online years in advance, there is no way that I could prove Disney ever looked at it even though they may build something similar.

As for the restrooms, it will be a welcome change for both the facilities and traffic flow. It doesn't really matter to me that it's themed to anything, especially since I would prefer that they work Tangled into the parks elsewhere. The rumored show at DHS would be much more exciting to talk about!

_Scar

Lots and lots of hair.....EVERYWHERE

:hurl::hurl::hurl:

:ROFLOL:

Oh and I just found out what the expansion plans are for the next 10 years of Disney Parks and Resorts, but in fear of ruining any 'magic' of it I'm going to keep my mouth shut for now. But I will tell you it involves attractions and hotels. Okay, my lips are sealed now.

_Scar

According to some random fan forum, Tangled took place during 1780.

Toilets at that time were as shown here:

414-14-2.gif
09770bb278af0361357a9ec5d16f4dc7.jpg

This would obviously be the exterior of the bathrooms, except maybe a little more fancy.

smolny.jpg

And here would be how the surrounding buildings and overall feel of the new area will be (note- people in the picture represent actual park goers)

d7682638ab0266d82beb45c9e23724ae.jpg

jt04

No discrimination. I simply have no use for character M&Gs. Others do. Fine.
Due to my lack of interest, I don't seek out information about them.

As for my credibility...it is intact.:D

Nah...intellectual property isn't an issue.
By the time you would ever post what you think they are doing, the actual project is several years along in development and would obviously have not been influenced in any way by whatever you might post on a message board. That's a bogus concern, no matter who raises it.

Speculation or predictions about what is happening is perfectly safe and legal, and poses no threat to anyone other than the poster who runs the risk of (GASP!) being wrong.
Posting predictions after the fact, easily gaurantees a 100% accuracy rate.

Yes, it would to the dishonest which I am not. Just as I was not right about the scope of the overlay to the Safari ride which I explained. I know it is unusual that someone actually tells the truth in this day and age but it does happen. Some would say people that can't believe others would tell the truth are saying everything about their own honesty or lack thereof.

Here is a some hints similar to those we received about the series of events someone posted about the changes coming to the princess m&g's, the ride closure and the order the changes would be made. That turned out to be very accurate and was obviously insider knowledge which I do not have access to. So here is what I think they will do at the MK delivered in a similarly cryptic manner.

A fairly new franchise will show up in a place nobody expects and will be an integral part of an immersive storyline.

Another existing franchise will find a new home in the MK. (not refering to Rapunzel)

An attraction will return from "Yesterland".

The M&G "shuffle" and build out is just getting started.

A classic ride gets a new backstory.

That is all I can offer at this time.:zipit: Feel free to save this to see how accurate it is. And if I am wrong so be it. :lol:

JoClovesCARS

Can I just say one thing....People just need to respect others and their opinions and just let it go. I also thought this was supposed to be a forum regarding FAIRY meet and greet locations and not about every other possible MK site and new attraction. I also don't care what is fact, fiction or what someone hopes/surmises might pop up at the parks. I also know people who work there and things they are told change all the time. The Disney people do try to keep everything very close to the vest and only a very select few are privy to the real details unless they are released.:ROFLOL:

tl77

ok I'm confused... is the old Fantasyland Skyway Station becoming the new Pixie Hollow? or is the Skyway being turned into bathrooms?

jt04

ok I'm confused... is the old Fantasyland Skyway Station becoming the new Pixie Hollow? or is the Skyway being turned into bathrooms?

Bathrooms with the area themed to Rapunzel, expanded walkways and an enhanced nextgen style queue for PPF are the latest rumors.

There are no 'official' rumors about PH, although everything that is happening points to what I suspect they may be going to do. And if I am right it will be a great addition. Or should I say additions. I think they are holding back on announcing a couple pretty big changes in two seperate lands. Just a hunch.

tl77

Well this is why I'm asking, these pics are from Bing Maps, they're a few years old...

skyway-north.jpg

If they're widening the walk way don't the need to remove the pond and "tunnel" to Liberty Square? are they doing that?

skyway-south.jpg

And if the Skyway is going to become a bathroom, it's going to be one extremely large bathroom

Lee

Adventurer
The Skyway was removed to make way for a new restroom building.

The bridge from Harbor House stays.

New path on the other side of the shop, near HM gates.

RSoxNo1

The Skyway was removed to make way for a new restroom building.

The bridge from Harbor House stays.

New path on the other side of the shop, near HM gates.

Just for clarification, my understanding was that there would be two separate paths from Fantasyland to Liberty Square: The existing path will see the Peter Pan area bathrooms close and become part of the queue for Peter Pan, and then the newly created path will extend to the other side of the Yankee Trader and will include a newly created restroom.

Scuttle

Just for clarification, my understanding was that there would be two separate paths from Fantasyland to Liberty Square: The existing path will see the Peter Pan area bathrooms close and become part of the queue for Peter Pan, and then the newly created path will extend to the other side of the Yankee Trader and will include a newly created restroom.

That's my understanding as well.

71jason

Toontown had multiple princess rooms. I haven't visited the gals in Town Square Theater yet, so I don't know if there are multiple rooms there.

One room, but three different backdrops. Idea could easily be transferred to four separate rooms (or two rooms, I suppose).

tl77

Ok, the path will go around both sides of the Yankee Trader sort of like this right?

skyway-overhead.jpg

The thing I am getting at is the old Skyway building, the footprint of the Skyway and all its paths is close to 100 square feet, which would make a really big bathroom, but that's not even the complicated part

skyway3colors.jpg

The Skyway was built on a hill, and it has at least a 2 story elevation change, when I noticed this I thought "how are they going to build a bathroom on a hill?" but then I remember that Splash Mountain also has all kinds of elevation changes, with bathroom and gifts shops hidden under the flume ride...

skyway2elev.jpg

Since the concept art for Pixie Hollow was all rock and elevation changes, like Splash Mountain, I just assumed they would do something similar at the Skyway location, or maybe they'll do the Rapunzel theme, but it just seem to be too large a space to only be a bathroom

^^ If only MK used space in a manner similar to Disneyland, where you find rides/restaurants/etc stacked up on top of one another. I'm not sure if this has ever been the case at WDW though. The closest would be the way certain pieces of Fantasyland/Liberty Square, and Frontierland/Adventureland, are all part of one cleverly disguised complex that share facilities, and the Utillidors. As it is though, I sadly don't see your idea happening. It's just not how space gets used/wasted here.

tl77

^^ If only MK used space in a manner similar to Disneyland...

That's exactly what I was thinking looking at these aerial photos, the Magic Kingdom has become as landlocked as Disneyland, MK will need to get creative with where it places things or they'll have to remove current rides like DL does

regardless of what they do though, I still think the old Skyway spot is too big and too weird to just be a bathroom, it just wouldn't look right

yensid67

The space comments are interesting, because that's why Walt Disney chose Florida...an immense amount of space to build. Why would they/ or have they built things on top of each other.

My idea on the bathroom issue...The skyway is on a hill, What if they tear the hill down, make the bathroom building go inbetween IASW & HM a little?
That way there is more area for whatever they will do!? OR they could keep the skyway hill, place a forced perspective Rapunzel area on the top of the hill and build the bathrooms INTO the hill at the base? I thisk this is the best option, but time will tell! We can only offer our thoughts and opinions, whether they be right or wrong!

We need to stop accusing others of being wrong or whatever and take it as THEIR OPINION! not facts!

I know this is a little off topic, but has anyone ever wondered if DL will eventually tear down their Toon Town and replace it with Storybook Circus?
I don't think they have enough room from looking at the BING maps! What ya think?

WDWFREAK53

That's exactly what I was thinking looking at these aerial photos, the Magic Kingdom has become as landlocked as Disneyland, MK will need to get creative with where it places things or they'll have to remove current rides like DL does

regardless of what they do though, I still think the old Skyway spot is too big and too weird to just be a bathroom, it just wouldn't look right

Who would've thought that both Skyway stations would become bathrooms.

The Fantasyland station was beautiful...and it was such a quaint little structure in the corner of Fantasyland...
The Tomorrowland station was also a focal point with the waterfall...

Now...just places to do your business.

tl77

I love how the "Fairy Meet and Greet" thread became the "Bathroom" thread, and I'm serious about that, you never know what you're going to see next on this forum, some the other Disney boards are reeeeeeeeeally dull

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom