Possilble Fairy Meet and Greet Area

jt04

They are reconfiguring the entire area because they are concerned with bottle necks once the FLE opens. I can't see any way they add a large PH m&g to that section. However, if they reconfigure the PPF and IASW's queues than that could change things. And there were some rumors to that effect at one point. I am hopeful for a Rapunzel theme such as duplicating the tower artwork that shows the canyon and waterfall. That would be epic with or without a m&g.

I still think putting PH out in the woods between the CP and the tree house works. Seriously. :lol:

cheezbat

Not every character has a ride. Also, the logistics would be a nightmare. Buzz happened to have an empty spot nearby, not all rides do.

And I wish that formerly 'empty' spot would be used for a new attraction...one that leads out behind Carousel of Progress...hmm...maybe a coaster of some sort...maybe themed to Tron? :wave: If only...:(

BigThunderMatt

And I wish that formerly 'empty' spot would be used for a new attraction...one that leads out behind Carousel of Progress...hmm...maybe a coaster of some sort...maybe themed to Tron? :wave: If only...:(

They gained backstage parking by demolishing that theater. Parking is at a premium, especially ever since work on the FLE started. I highly doubt they're going to be putting anything back there that is permanent.

NewfieFan

No. There could be a ramp walkway up and around either side.

I was joking!

On a slightly different topic... do we know the theme of these new bathrooms! Come on Disney, you just can't give us concept art of new lands and attractions, we want concept art for new restrooms! :lol:

JoClovesCARS

Well Disney really needs to do something for the Fairies. When we were there last January, the lines to see the fairies was extremely long. They cut the line off when the wait is 75 minutes or longer. You could walk right in to see the princesses and they have m&g in other parts of the park where the only place you can see Tink was in the PH set up in the tent. the fairies are a big draw for the little girls right now (my 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter is all Tink all the time believe me) so they need to put them in a suitable place. The PH set up they had was great because you went in the room and were made small to fit in with the size of the fairies and then you went in to PH. My granddaughter loved it.:wave:

Well Disney really needs to do something for the Fairies. When we were there last January, the lines to see the fairies was extremely long. They cut the line off when the wait is 75 minutes or longer. You could walk right in to see the princesses and they have m&g in other parts of the park where the only place you can see Tink was in the PH set up in the tent. the fairies are a big draw for the little girls right now (my 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter is all Tink all the time believe me) so they need to put them in a suitable place. The PH set up they had was great because you went in the room and were made small to fit in with the size of the fairies and then you went in to PH. My granddaughter loved it.:wave:

Totally agree. I don't understand why they were cut from the Fantasyland expansion. The plans for Pixie Hollow weren't replaced by anything substantial. :shrug:

cheezbat

They gained backstage parking by demolishing that theater. Parking is at a premium, especially ever since work on the FLE started. I highly doubt they're going to be putting anything back there that is permanent.

This still baffles me that they need all those spots they gained just in the past few years. How did the park go 30 plus years without them then? As far as I'm concerned, they really aren't necessary...just nice to have. It's called walking. Management should learn to do it now and then too! ONce the FLE is done, I say fill that area partially up with an attraction. NOt the WHOLE parking area, but half of it. There's not all that parking behind Disneyland's Main Street...or Tokyo Disneyland's, or Paris'...:animwink:

I like the idea. And why's there plans/rumors of Rapunzel taking over the old skyway station? Isn't the whole removal of SWSA just so Rapunzel, Tiana, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Auroa, and Mulan can be in there?

I honestly wouldn't mind them taking out Sir Mickey's along with SWSA and making it all into Tiana's resturant.

jt04

I like the idea. And why's there plans/rumors of Rapunzel taking over the old skyway station? Isn't the whole removal of SWSA just so Rapunzel, Tiana, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Auroa, and Mulan can be in there?

I honestly wouldn't mind them taking out Sir Mickey's along with SWSA and making it all into Tiana's resturant.

So a New Orleans based restaurant inside the fortress walls of a medieval castle?

Lets not.

From my understanding there will only be two m&g's inside the former SWSA venue. Likely Cindy and SB.

pppapazo

Plans call for 4 M&G rooms to go into that bldg.

I recall the original announcement specifically calling out Cinderella, Auroroa, Rapunzel, and Tiana. I imagine the specific princesses are subject to change, but that lines up to the four rooms.

With Belle and Ariel having Meet and Greets in their respective areas of the new Fantasyland Forest, it seems odd that Snow White won't appear in the Dwarfs' cottage. If the above list of princesses to appear in the Fairytale Hall is accurate, she's the only classic princess who won't make regular appearances. Sure, Jasmine, Pocahontas, and Mulan aren't reflected, but they make more sense appearing elsewhere: Jasmine in Adventureland, Pocahontas in Frontierland, Mulan in...hmmm, does Mulan even appear anywhere in the Magic Kingdom?

_Scar

Plans call for 4 M&G rooms to go into that bldg.

:lol: You were close Jt...

I noticed the Rapunzel area next to the Castle on the outskirts of FLand seemed very nice (only got a glimpse). Is this area always used for temporary things?

And a bit OT, the popularity of both Tiana and Rapunzel is astounding to see! Looks like they definitely got what they wanted. I hope that means hand drawn isn't dead in Tiana's case...

jt04

Would it be 4 rooms with 1 princess each or 4 rooms with 4 princesses each?

My guess is the former scenario and the original rumor was two characters for this location. I also read that some of the m&g characters may be in this location on a temporary basis until other m&g venues are built just like the current princess m&g is temporary. It makes sense that Disney would build these increasingly popular offerings throughout the MK.

Just my opinion from information I have gathered here and there. I have no inside sources.

jt04

:lol: You were close Jt...

I noticed the Rapunzel area next to the Castle on the outskirts of FLand seemed very nice (only got a glimpse). Is this area always used for temporary things?

And a bit OT, the popularity of both Tiana and Rapunzel is astounding to see! Looks like they definitely got what they wanted. I hope that means hand drawn isn't dead in Tiana's case...

See the Mickey M&G on main street. One character in several rooms. The FL version could have 2 characters in 4 rooms or 4 in 4 or any sort of combination. It could even vary from day to day or be changed to meet demand depending on the market. There is a ton of flexibility built in and I doubt a final decision has been made this early.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom