Possilble Fairy Meet and Greet Area

ob1thx1138

Original Poster
I was just reading on the Fairies moving to Adventure Land and something just popped into my head.

Is there any chance that he Fairy meet and greet could be moving to the bathroom area next to Peter Pan once the new bathroom in the old Skyway Station is completed. I am not sure if there is any room there, but it seems like it would be a nice fit. They could rework that whole area including the queue area in front of Peter Pan to include the Meet and Greet as well as the separate interactive Queue for Peter Pan.

djkidkaz

I believe one of the insiders said it was going to be rapunzel themed where the skyway was and the new bathrooms will be.

NewfieFan

I believe one of the insiders said it was going to be rapunzel themed where the skyway was and the new bathrooms will be.

I think the OP is talking about the old bathroom area. Sounds like a good idea to me. I can't think of a better place for Tink & friends but to be next to Peter Pan and in FL. Whether there is even room there... I have no idea!?! I would love to have an area similar to DLs.

(And I believe the Rapunzel theme for the new area is not happening now!?!)

jjharvpro

Because I don't know how much actual space there is, I'm putting the logistics aside and saying that that is a fantastic idea!

tirian

Plans for converting the old Skyway station floated around for years and were dropped. I've seen the artwork and it would have been beautiful.

Fairies are not going into the old bathroom area either; there's definitely not enough space.

NoChesterHester

The idea floated around for years and was dropped. I've seen the artwork and it would have been beautiful.

Fairies are not going into the old skyway station area, unless Tink gets a new friend named Poo. ;)

What about Rapunzel at the old Skyway location? Still in the cards?

jt04

Plans for converting the old Skyway station floated around for years and were dropped. I've seen the artwork and it would have been beautiful.

Fairies are not going into the old bathroom area either; there's definitely not enough space.

Since the concept you saw for the skyway area is not happening can you at least give us some idea of the scope/theme of the project?

I had an idea. There is a pad behind the tree house in Adventureland that could easily be converted into a PH. Very isolated and hollow-esque and it could be easily removed if they decided to do something more substantial in the future. Just a thought.

tirian

Regarding Rapunzel, I'm not sure what the extent of theming will be, but it will probably be just that—theming. PH was scrapped because there wasn't enough space, and with the area's redesign, there's even less space.

The plans would have restored the fairytale architecture and added lots of flowers and trees (no pun intended). At one point they were contemplating an extra holding room where you were sprinkled with pixie dust via lighting effects, and everything after that was bigger to look like you had shrunk. It never happened because the space was simply too small, but I think this was probably the beginning of the effort to make M&Gs more elaborate; however, I can't prove that.

I'm not sure how permanent the current plans will be. Fairies don't belong in AL. I guess we should expect the Dole Whip lines to get longer. :D

NewfieFan

what have you heard

I read it on here actually but from a member who usually knows what he/she is talking about! :shrug:

Regarding Rapunzel, I'm not sure what the extent of theming will be, but it will probably be just that—theming. PH was scrapped because there wasn't enough space, and with the area's redesign, there's even less space.

The plans would have restored the fairytale architecture and added lots of flowers and trees (no pun intended). At one point they were contemplating an extra holding room where you were sprinkled with pixie dust via lighting effects, and everything after that was bigger to look like you had shrunk. It never happened because the space was simply too small, but I think this was probably the beginning of the effort to make M&Gs more elaborate; however, I can't prove that.

I'm not sure how permanent the current plans will be. Fairies don't belong in AL. I guess we should expect the Dole Whip lines to get longer. :D

So, are the new bathrooms still getting some sort of Rapunzel theme?

Villain_70

Hi...new here...not sure if this was ever brought up..but why don't they just create a area in front of each ride in Fantasyland to support a meet and greet for that characters ride...like they did in Tomorrowland for Buzz....my son would love to see Dumbo...

Lee

Adventurer
Hi...new here...not sure if this was ever brought up..but why don't they just create a area in front of each ride in Fantasyland to support a meet and greet for that characters ride...like they did in Tomorrowland for Buzz....my son would love to see Dumbo...
Not every character has a ride. Also, the logistics would be a nightmare. Buzz happened to have an empty spot nearby, not all rides do.

invader

Not only what Lee said, but it would be a heyday. Two lines and lots of people would just be a recipe for disaster.

Ignohippo

TDO doesn't make good enough use of the space they have. There's no reason why the new bathroom area couldn't be multi-level - with the bottom being the bathrooms and the area above it being Pixie Hollow. It would be a perfect fit.

NewfieFan

TDO doesn't make good enough use of the space they have. There's no reason why the new bathroom area couldn't be multi-level - with the bottom being the bathrooms and the area above it being Pixie Hollow. It would be a perfect fit.

But then you'd have to take an elevator to get to Pixie Hollow and that's not very fairy-like. Maybe they should put the bathrooms on top... ah, but wait that would... :lookaroun

:animwink: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom