Possible New Water Park

MetFan81

Original Poster
From the MSN article posted today:

Disney also was looking into expanding its water park offerings beyond Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach.

We all know that these parks get very crowded in the summer and Disney finally added capacity to TL. We also know there have been many rumors associated with Disney creating a third (or 4th water park being than there was a third now decaying water park RC) water park or as Jim Hill would have you believe a Pirates of the Carribean water park.

So lets discuss:

Will this happen?

Where would it possibly be built?

In the past there were rumors of a Mardi Gras themed park going near Port Orleans (or Marni am I thinking about Paris).

And lastly, what theme would be used?:drevil:

dazzer68

lets have a villain based water park where all the waters green! oh hang on river island! damn back to the drawing board! ummm:brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is still a lot of room to grow at TL so I would see an expansion of it before the creation of an entirely new water park. However if they were to build a new water park I would love to see the Pirates of the Caribbean water park concept make it from the sketches to the real world.

Chevross

I could see a POTC water park. If I could choose a location I would choose a spot near the Grand Floridian. I said near not beside.

CaptainMichael

where all the waters green!

Well, they could always reopen River Country:ROFLOL:

I don't think they need another water park but more attractions in the existing ones. I'd also like to see new technologies developed for the attractions before other companies. They were many years behind on the water coaster.

For Senior Trip, we went to Blizzard Beach for a day, and I got bored after a while. So, I say build more for what you already have.

MetFan81

Original Poster
There have been occassional rumors about a Disneyland Water Park but there are two main reasons this likely will not happen:

1 - CA has 4 other water parks and a 5th on the way.

2 - DL has little room and the only major land to build on (the Strawberry fields) is being held in case a 3rd park is ever to open in Cal.

I think he is suggesting Orlando. But who knows?

the-reason14

They already added a little somethin somethin to TL, why dont they add a little more to BB before adding a new water park altogether. Thats logical, isnt it?

imagineer boy

As much as I love POTC, I really think they're making the franchise go into over kill mode. There's just too much pirates themed stuff going in right now. A new water park would be great, just with a different theme. Maybe it could go into the old spot of River Country and stop letting it rot all the time.

Mecha Figment

blizard beach from what i can tell really isn't open to that much expansion. it's built in a fairly compact area. typhoon however has a good bit of land to build upon

monorailguy01

I think It would be best by the water parks now. I would not put it by a monorail hotel. I think a water park there would just look stupid. RC was an exception bc it was like part of the resort at one time. But a whole new water park around that area would just not fit right. And I think like someone said TL has a lot more room for more stuff, they should finish there before making a whole new park..

Park Type- I would like to see a rebuild RC bigger, better and different location.....

What does everyone think about that?

Or some kind of INDY JONES theam water park, like jungle stuff and vines and stuff.. that would be awesome.

typhoonguy

The problem with adding to BLizzard is there is no more room on the mountain. So anything added would have to be apart from the main attraction and detract from the 'melting mountain' theme. If there is any addition to BB it would have to be in the parking lot area or cast service area.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
I would love to see a PotC water park. The atmosphere would be incredible and it would be interesting to see what kind of stuff from the ride and movie they could include it the park.

Plutoboy

The third ticketed gate for Disneyland has been rumored for many years to be a water park and not an actual theme park. Alos the strawberry fields cannot be used for another 3 years...I think:confused: ...per the purchase agreement.

pat_naughty05

As cool as a POTC water park sounds, I would rather see another original concept like Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon. The stories behind these two parks are great, and in my opinion, some of WDI's best work. So, my suggestion is that Disney step away from capitalizing on the current big franchise and utilize the very thing that created so many Disney classic attractions: original concepts.

willythelab

They killed RC

They killed River Country bc it was not easy to get to, dangerous, small and most of all not profitable. I would be amazed if they built another water park @WDW anytime soon. They should just expand the heck out of TL and BB. If there is no room at BB, they should say adios to mini golf and put more BB there. Sorry to those who love WS mini golf.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom