Possible name for new Nemo ride at Epcot

peter11435

Original Poster
I was on the US patent and trademark office site today and came across an interesting new Disney trademark.

It says "The Seas with Nemo and Friends." I could be wrong but I think this must have something to do with the new Nemo attraction at the Living Seas. It was listed right below "Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage" which is obviously the new attraction at Disneyland.

Have a look for yourself.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=ur81v2.2.10

CaptainMichael

peter11435 said:
I was on the US patent and trademark office site today and came across an interesting new Disney trademark.

It says "The Seas with Nemo and Friends." I could be wrong but I think this must have something to do with the new Nemo attraction at the Living Seas. It was listed right below "Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage" which is obviously the new attraction at Disneyland.

Have a look for yourself.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=je4ic7.4.2
Sounds plausible. I guess we might find out Friday.

peter11435

Original Poster
If its true I hope they don't completly abandon the name "The Living Seas." Although it sounds to me like the pavlion might simply become "The Seas."

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Nemo and Friends is the name of a section of the "Sea Base."

I'm assuming maybe "The Seas" will be the ride name? No one is gonna call it "The Seas with Nemo and Friends"

"The Seas" was the name of the old film.. maybe with 1 pre-show theater left there will still be a film..?

speck76

peter11435 said:
If its true I hope they don't completly abandon the name "The Living Seas." Although it sounds to me like the pavlion might simply become "The Seas."

I have thought that for a while now.....the entire pavilion will be renamed

peter11435

Original Poster
mousermerf said:
I'm assuming maybe "The Seas" will be the ride name? No one is gonna call it "The Seas with Nemo and Friends"

No one except possibly Disney. Remember this is the same company that named attractions Journey into Imagination with Figment, Monsters INC Mike and Sully to the Rescue, and Expedition Everest Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. Sure no guests are going to say "The Seas with Nemo and Friends" just like most guests just say Everest, Monsters Inc, and Imagination. But I could easily say the attractions sign saying "The Seas" and then "with Nemo and Friends" in smaller print below.

Blizz

I doubt the name. The trademark lists it as being used for "Education and entertainment services," not amusement services like it is listed for attraction names.

peter11435

Original Poster
Blizz said:
I doubt the name. The trademark lists it as being used for "Education and entertainment services," not amusement services like it is listed for attraction names.
Yeah, I noticed that too. I guess will see Friday.

SirNim

This sure sounds like an entire pavilion re-name.

So, we've already got "The Land." So right next door, now, will be "The Seas." As much as I would like to cling to the original name, with its "vivacious" adjective (Living), it sort of makes sense to rename it. Of course, I do detest the subtitle "...with Nemo..." Thumbs down to that part, sets (or should I say "continues"?) a horrible precedent...

Magicot

rccola18 said:
does anyone know when that attraction will be open? i hope before Dec. 26th.

I asked a CM at TLS a couple weeks ago and she said that they are crossing their fingers for an October reopening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom