Possible Free Dining Fall 2018 Dates Announced

Magicplans

I think I read somewhere that they will be released in June or July.
The room only discounts were on the website this morning. I think it's 25% for deluxe, 20% moderate, etc. I was looking at Wilderness lodge and it was posting at around 334 if I remember correctly. Sorry, don't have the cost exactly from memory, but you get the jist.

ToyStoryMiss

Still waiting on the free dining..I've been on hold for nearly two hours now :confused: The website won't let me link my hotel reservation, otherwise I would've modified it on there.
Hoping for the best for everyone trying to get it!

EDIT: After 2 1/2 hours, we finally got it! WOO!

Last edited:

ELG13

Still waiting on the free dining..I've been on hold for nearly two hours now :confused: The website won't let me link my hotel reservation, otherwise I would've modified it on there.
Hoping for the best for everyone trying to get it!

EDIT: After 2 1/2 hours, we finally got it! WOO!
The first time I got through last year was over 3 hrs. I just put it on speaker and enjoyed the music.

drp4video

Do you still get the discounted room with free dinning or do you have to pay full rack rate for the room with free dining?

ELG13

Do you still get the discounted room with free dinning or do you have to pay full rack rate for the room with free dining?
Full rack rate. That's why I always tell people to really run some numbers before jumping at the FDD. The cabins are $100 cheaper (for example) for a room discount....that's worth it to us more than FDD this time.just bc we don't eat that much food.

mf1972

we’re currently booked at FQ w/dining during the promotion date. if we upgraded to SSR w/free dining, it’ll be an extra $331 to what we’re paying now. we’re debating it

ELG13

I was pretty irritated that last year the cabins were on the quick service meal plan. Those cabins are almost $400 for rack rate.

DisneyGigi

Free dining has released.

Agent lines are slammed.

Had to book a new package online to get it for our trip, could not get through on the phone lines to change our existing package- had to eat the resort new fees.
Got free dining this morning. I booked a new package online and will cancel my old reservation. Good luck!

I had to do the same thing. No way I was gonna chance not getting it waiting to apply it to my existing reservation.

ELG13

Ok question about the alcohol...does a beer count as a snack credit? So say we go to dinner...I know one beer is included with my meal, can I order a second, and use a snack credit for it?

ELG13

That could actually make for a decent discount when you evaluate the price of feeding 6 people.
But you only get the quick service plan.
That could actually make for a decent discount when you evaluate the price of feeding 6 people.
But you only receive the quick service plan. Which I think is a little low since the cabins are so expensive at rack rates but it's a moderate resort so....

Magicplans

They changed the requirements a little I see this year! Hope that doesn't throw anyone's plans off. You should be able to modify your reservation online but wasnt able to do that last year so I ended up just waiting to call. Interesting how it's a 4 day park hopper. It's historically been 2 day park hopper correct? Maybe since the addition of booze to the plan they had to adjust?
Can someone clarify on package pricing (ie free ddp); does the package quote they provide include the new daily parking fee/taxes or is that added later? Sorry for the buzz
kill question, but it's a factor in the cost and website is too slammed to get an answer.
They changed the requirements a little I see this year! Hope that doesn't throw anyone's plans off. You should be able to modify your reservation online but wasnt able to do that last year so I ended up just waiting to call. Interesting how it's a 4 day park hopper. It's historically been 2 day park hopper correct? Maybe since the addition of booze to the plan they had to adjust?
I tried to get an answer to something yesterday and never did. When I selected the offer at the hotel I wanted it described the package as coming with the base ticket and later it said "hopper required for this deal". So the Disney quoted price shown for my dates does that INCLUDE my hopper tickets for my family of four or will I need to upgrade and that cost gets added to the quote for dfd? Also, smaller expense, but are the new daily parking fees included in the shown quote or do all taxes and fees get added at the end? I'm trying to figure out if the website quote is the actual cost for our trip (room, tickets, fd) or if it gets higher once you check out.

ELG13

Can someone clarify on package pricing (ie free ddp); does the package quote they provide include the new daily parking fee/taxes or is that added later? Sorry for the buzz
kill question, but it's a factor in the cost and website is too slammed to get an answer.

I tried to get an answer to something yesterday and never did. When I selected the offer at the hotel I wanted it described the package as coming with the base ticket and later it said "hopper required for this deal". So the Disney quoted price shown for my dates does that INCLUDE my hopper tickets for my family of four or will I need to upgrade and that cost gets added to the quote for dfd? Also, smaller expense, but are the new daily parking fees included in the shown quote or do all taxes and fees get added at the end? I'm trying to figure out if the website quote is the actual cost for our trip (room, tickets, fd) or if it gets higher once you check out.
The way I got it to work for my dates was clicking on the special promotion (or something similar) at the bottom of the mobile site where the gift icon is. I searched the dates and picked the free dining promo. It was a little wonky sometimes but the website is flooded so....if it keeps saying hopper required it may not be recognizing the promo you are picking, when I didn't it, it didn't give me and option on park hopper, I just picked the number of days we wanted the hopper for.
And I believe parking is charged at check out.

Magicplans

The way I got it to work for my dates was clicking on the special promotion (or something similar) at the bottom of the mobile site where the gift icon is. I searched the dates and picked the free dining promo. It was a little wonky sometimes but the website is flooded so....if it keeps saying hopper required it may not be recognizing the promo you are picking, when I didn't it, it didn't give me and option on park hopper, I just picked the number of days we wanted the hopper for.
And I believe parking is charged at check out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom