Rumor Possible Demolition of The Land and The Seas Pavillions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeS7

Original Poster
The site that cannot be named is currently reporting a rumor that these two pavilions would be totally demolished, leaving only Soarin' left. I wanted to see if anyone here had any insight on if this is a valid rumor or not.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The site that cannot be named is currently reporting a rumor that these two pavilions would be totally demolished, leaving only Soarin' left. I wanted to see if anyone here had any insight on if this is a valid rumor or not.

Belongs in here with the rest of the garbage from Tommy Boy.

Trash-Can-Dirty-PNG.png

Any takers on how long before it's walked back.

monothingie

Premium Member
The expense of demolishing The Seas alone puts me squarely in "it is BS" camp.

I am sure it has been suggested in more than one brain storming session or proposal, but that does not mean it will ever happen.

The Seas I could see as having a fixed lifespan due to the tanks, in the 2030s it will be 50 years old.
The Land isn't broke, so why fix it?

Surferboy567

Let’s for augment sake say it is legit...why would they close two pavilions like this? One of which houses one of the biggest attractions in the park...and arguably WDW as a whole. They should redo imagination. @marni1971 have you heard something like this?

Magic Feather

They started getting pretty reliable, and now this. I cannot emphasize enough that I have heard the exact opposite of this so many times. Both are up for refurbs, but the fundamentals should not be changing. I expect some version of Living with the Land and some version of the Aquariums to be here in 2030. Additionally, there are so many things dependent on the pavilion (ex. The USDA hydroponics research) that a lot of bridges would have to be burned to close them down. This is a big swing, and a drastic miss.

Surferboy567

They started getting pretty reliable, and now this. I cannot emphasize enough that I have heard the exact opposite of this so many times. Both are up for returns, but the fundamentals should not be changing. I expect some version of Living with the Land and some version of the Aquariums to be here in 2030. Additionally, there are so many things dependent on the pavilion (ex. The USDA hydroponics research) that a lot of bridges would have to be burned to close them down. This is a big swing, and a drastic miss.

“Returns” meaning what exactly?

monothingie

Premium Member
They started getting pretty reliable, and now this. I cannot emphasize enough that I have heard the exact opposite of this so many times. Both are up for returns, but the fundamentals should not be changing. I expect some version of Living with the Land and some version of the Aquariums to be here in 2030. Additionally, there are so many things dependent on the pavilion (ex. The USDA hydroponics research) that a lot of bridges would have to be burned to close them down. This is a big swing, and a drastic miss.

If went by CorLESS' rumors, Innoventions West would have already be leveled and rubble by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom