Possible Changes at Test Track

kcnole

Personally I'm not a fan of TT but I don't think its as horrible as many make out. Its just too realistic to really be fun. Its not futuristic and there's no fantasy to it, so its something we've all seen. Its still not horrible. However there are some issues that need to be fixed. I'll place them in order of importance.

1. Make the ride reliable. I've been to Epcot 3 times in the past year. The first time the ride was down for refurbishment, the second time it was broken all day, finally I rode it the third time and none of the in car effects worked at all nor many of the once cool effects such as the cones or the dummy collision at the end. If nothing else is done, make the ride work to a good reliability factor.

2. The post show portion of the pavilion has got to be the worst pavilion out there. Make it fun. Bring back some of the interesting shows with the robots, or show real futuristic concept cars (I'm not talking about corn based ethanol here), or do something to make it not feel like I'm just walking through a GM showroom. I can do that for just the price of my dignity by driving to any GM dealership in town.

3. Refurb the entrance. I'm glad there's shade, but like the millenium areas, its just way too busy. WoM once had a beautiful although spartan entrance that felt very classic, now it just feels like a 10 year old designed the front and doesn't fit in with the rest of the beautiful pavilions in Epcot.

bassman

how about a combination of 2 suggested ideas put on here and one of my own twists.
heres my idea

'.........you go to a car test facility,when you enter the briefing room,you are told you are going to be the first to experience what the future of automobile transport is going to be,you are going to be the first to travel forward 100 years and see what our future may look like and how we will live.

you are told that you are going to be traveling in a revolutionary new design in automobiles as designed by nasa and GM (possibly).
anyway after a brief saftey warning you leave the briefing room where 3 shiny silver futuristic cars,each with dry ice puthering from them and what looks like 360 degree moving wheels.

you set off one after another to 3 launch ramps where each car takes a seperate track,ahead of you is nothing but a huge shiny mirror like object blocking your path you are blasted at high speed straight towards the mirror and just before you reach it blinding flashes of light erupt all around you,you are sprayed with dry ice until you emerge on what appears to be a great futuristic highway.all 3 cars are on their seperate tracks all next to each other.

as you are crusing this futuristic world,a message from control says that e need to get you back right away,you are running low on power abnd with out that you cant get back to the modern day, you are called to abort,the 3 cars split up and speed off their own track........'

now my elemint is that not only can your car go forwards but it can also reverse and even spin,all because of a revloving base similar to that of spiderman at IOA,this could create exciting new thrills,imagine speeding towards a solid brick wall or down a dead end and your cars grinding to a halt and speeding off backwards the way you came,or if there was rain or oil on the 'road' and your car suddenly spins 360 degrees as it loses control.

anyway it a very rough idea i had in my head,but i think that you get the general gist.

what do you think.

Shaman

Another thread another bunch of moaning posts. Theres more bleating on this board these days than in an Australian sheep flock.

Several of you must be close to disliking or having complained about every single ride by now.

Keep it or change it I couldn’t care less as long as I get value for money on my admission, though IMHO we could do with additional attractions instead of just revamps.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Now...if they want to "plus" Test Track....enclose the outdoor part....and add some visual effects that add to the slight thrill one gets...

The futuristic test track idea that someone mentioned would be cool...

But can we have a replacement for UE....or maybe a completely new attraction hooked up to the Seas before work on Test Track is even considered?

:lookaroun:D

comics101

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Now...if they want to "plus" Test Track....enclose the outdoor part....and add some visual effects that add to the slight thrill one gets...

The futuristic test track idea that someone mentioned would be cool...

But can we have a replacement for UE....or maybe a completely new attraction hooked up to the Seas before work on Test Track is even considered?

:lookaroun:D

I think Ellen is here to stay for a little while longer. It seems to me she has never been more popular. With The Seas just recieving a new attraction, it doesn't make much sense to me to add anything new, and it sounds like JII should be receiving a refurb starting by the end of the year. After that, Test Track would be the next thing to be updated, though It is the second most popular attraction at Epcot.

How about having TT take you for a high speed trip around World Showcase, all the while running up on the sidewalks and running people down. \"testing\" the horns, brakes, steering, ect. Sounds like fun.

ripcurl92

Cantilevered Coaster Systems

I Think it would be pretty awesome for Test Track if they got some of the new technology introduced by Cantilevered Coaster Systems. http://www.cantileveredcoaster.com/index.html With this technology they could easily make test track more futuristic. And with the Disney-Pixar agrement they could theme it to Meet The Robinsons. The TT cars could be converted to the flying cars in MTR. Now I know many people would rather not see more Pixar rides, but i honestly think its a perfect match for TT. Yes, Disney would have to spend a lot of many to completely gut and retheme TT, but i think it would be totaly worth it. Check out the CCS website and just imagine what Disney could truly do with this technology.

CarlHS

In its current state, Test Track takes us through conditions we experience every day on the road and climaxes with a spin around a gray parking lot. Uh...yay? Personally I'd find it more appealing, and more appropriate for Future World, if I could go on Test Track and feel like I'm experiencing something I've never seen or done before, something that really gives me a fun and thrilling glimpse at the car of tomorrow. If I could drive a car built 100 years from now, what would be different? What will companies like GM have to think about when they build cars decades or centuries down the road? There's a ride where WDI could really get creative.

Right on! Great Idea. This is the kind of "plussing that's going on in DL on a regular basis. Someone in WDW FL should give it a try.

testtracker

I Think it would be pretty awesome for Test Track if they got some of the new technology introduced by Cantilevered Coaster Systems. http://www.cantileveredcoaster.com/index.html With this technology they could easily make test track more futuristic. And with the Disney-Pixar agrement they could theme it to Meet The Robinsons. The TT cars could be converted to the flying cars in MTR. Now I know many people would rather not see more Pixar rides, but i honestly think its a perfect match for TT. Yes, Disney would have to spend a lot of many to completely gut and retheme TT, but i think it would be totaly worth it. Check out the CCS website and just imagine what Disney could truly do with this technology.

I don't really know what this system can provide that the current one can't. Even with the rail system, the there would have to be a opening in the floor where the car is attached.

DABIGCHEEZ

how about a combination of 2 suggested ideas put on here and one of my own twists.
heres my idea

you set off one after another to 3 launch ramps where each car takes a seperate track,ahead of you is nothing but a huge shiny mirror like object blocking your path you are blasted at high speed straight towards the mirror and just before you reach it blinding flashes of light erupt all around you,you are sprayed with dry ice until you emerge on what appears to be a great futuristic highway.all 3 cars are on their seperate tracks all next to each other.

what do you think.

Sounds like a good idea except for the spraying of dry ice.... don't think Disney likes to maim their guests!!!:ROFLOL:

But I know what you mean.

TheTruth

Ok so far be it from me to say this because it seems to go against the grain but...I actually REALLY like Test Track. It's probably one of my favorite rides in WDW. I don't know why...I honestly couldn't tell you. From the busy entrance to the thermal scanner it's GREAT. The only problem I honestly see with it is that the showroom does suck a bit. BUT it does give people of all ages a chance to get in a sweet Cadillac and not have a salesman push you into a test drive/bank account robbery attempt. The post show DOES need a little punching up with the elements that kinda fall by the way side. The automated areas to the side that seem to get forgotten and what not. I would like to see the whole car screen thing get an overhaul and maybe work a little better. I miss the crash before the wall spot but it's all good. I think it's littered with good fun and it's enjoyable. It could work on it's reliablity though and be up more than it's down. It DOES close a lot. I have no problems with Test Track as is. But I'm a huge Test Track fan so it's a little biased. Just to play the other side of the argument.

TheTruth:wave:
I'm going back on September 17th.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If you guys think that by being rude you'll get me fired up and fight back, you are wrong. It just shows how immature you can be.

I would appreciate if you would cease to quote me, then change the content of what I posted. Thanks :wave:

Further, as I stated in a previous thread, I am done with you.

Ok so far be it from me to say this because it seems to go against the grain but...I actually REALLY like Test Track. It\'s probably one of my favorite rides in WDW. I don\'t know why...I honestly couldn\'t tell you. From the busy entrance to the thermal scanner it\'s GREAT. The only problem I honestly see with it is that the showroom does suck a bit. BUT it does give people of all ages a chance to get in a sweet Cadillac and not have a salesman push you into a test drive/bank account robbery attempt. The post show DOES need a little punching up with the elements that kinda fall by the way side. The automated areas to the side that seem to get forgotten and what not. I would like to see the whole car screen thing get an overhaul and maybe work a little better. I miss the crash before the wall spot but it\'s all good. I think it\'s littered with good fun and it\'s enjoyable. It could work on it\'s reliablity though and be up more than it\'s down. It DOES close a lot. I have no problems with Test Track as is. But I\'m a huge Test Track fan so it\'s a little biased. Just to play the other side of the argument.

TheTruth:wave:
I\'m going back on September 17th.

I am a HUGE car person so I enjoyed being around all that stuff. the \"thrill\" was not much, but to me it was like an inside look of how they do things, so I liked it. But I am sure they could improve on it too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom