Possible Change to Evening EMH Policy

Dwarful

I too miss the old days of paying the $12 and having what felt like "an empty park". Now we primarily use the morning EMH's to ride our favorites over and over, use the evening EHM's occasionally. Perhaps the sales of packs and ticket holders on lanyards were down and this is Disneys way to increase those sales (only joking). But I hate this idea. At least with FP's you only get your tickets out once, get the FP's and put the tickets away for an hour (or more). Here you could be taking your KttK out quite often, running the risk of losing more than just your room keys.

NewfieFan

You have to show your KttW to get your wristband anyway, so it isn't such a big deal for the guests as people are making it seem... whipping out your card every ride is hardly straining. It saves on having to locate where the wristbands are being given out then standing in another line. And who really cares if there are a few extra non-resort guests wandering the park during Evening EMHs? I for one don't really care because they aren't exactly in ride queues, are they?

For one thing, I've never had a problem finding the locations where they're handing out the wristbands and I've never had to stand in a line that long (if at all) to get one. Whipping out your card at every ride is very straining when you have young children as others have already said. I was there is June and I couldn't believe how many people were in the MK for PM EMH - it was crazy! So, I guess a few extra non-resort guests would matter on nights like this.

But I agree they need to do something if the bracelets are not working. We've already got a few stories on this thread about how people cheat the system and I have one as well...

I know people who get the bracelets for their young kids and then take them off their children and give them to their friends who were staying off site. Of course no CM would turn away young children without a bracelet who were obviously with parents who had bracelets. So, there are ways to cheat the current system and I don't know how much they enforce it all anyway!

I don't know what the answer is but I don't think showing your KttW card is it!!!

DisneyPhD

Interesting idea... kind of a pain..

I wonder how often people shared their room keys with local friends and relatives.. I mean A family could go in line and get their wrist bands, then had their room keys to their FLa family, they go in line and get wristbands...

Not sure if it's a big problem or not, but this new method would prevent that from happening

I don't know that this would work. Last time we did EMH they actually scanned each card with a card reader before issuing the wrist band. I presume so they know that that card has had a band issued and not to issue it another. Each person with a card had to be present as well, they wouldn't just give you a wrist band to put on yourself.

Someone else mentioned seeing a family brining in their own wrist bands (from a dollar store or something), I believe the wrist bands you got at the parks had the words Extra Magic Hours printed on them so if the CM looked closely enough then bands from another source would be recognized. Then ask them to show their valid resort ID, if they are staying off property then they will be asked to leave.

JessicaB

You have to show your ID in order to get the wrist bands, so why not just keep them. It's alot easier than digging out your card each time.:shrug:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally posted by Kristamouse:
They noticed our bracelets and got out a ziplock bag with yellow, orange and perhaps green bracelets to put on for the night... a dollar type store sells them by her home in Miami and she gets different colors for what ever the parks are using.

Wow. That is the biggest example of the "I'm so special that rules don't apply to me" attitude that I have ever heard of. :eek:

Just Wow. :hammer:

And, yes, Kristamouse, you're right, the WDW wristbands have printed on them, "Extra Magic Hours". In black ink, in large Mickey typeface, but I'm sure that a CM, seeing a similar wristband that was the same color as the ones the park was using that night, would not think to check to make sure that the writing was there.

007mickey

I have actually never been to a park for EMH evening hours so I have this question...for those who are not a resort guest, do they simply just get to wonder around the park and maybe shop but can't ride any attractions? I do wonder how this possible new system would "clear" the park of non-resort guests?

Dwarful

When we were there in August of 07, no CM's looked close enough at our wrist bands to see if they said "Extra Magic Hours". As others have said, the crowds at MK were so large they hardly felt "Magical"
If I saw a family whip out a bag of wristbands I'd be hightailing it over to the first CM to complain. If this family isn't staying onsite they need to go. Sorry, but it is a perk, you pay more to stay on site and this is one of the perks of staying on site. I'm not visiting off site hotels for free hot breakfasts or shuttles to other parks. those are perks for staying at those hotels. The EMH's are perks for staying onsite, but I don't think showing your KttK every 5 minutes is the way to solve this problem.

durangojim

I didn't read through the whole thread so if someone posted this before I apolgize. I think if they keep this policy they should give resort guests a lanyard like they sell to keep fastpasses in with a clear pocket. That way you could just wear the key around your neck and the CM would be able to see it.

Eyorefan

I have actually never been to a park for EMH evening hours so I have this question...for those who are not a resort guest, do they simply just get to wonder around the park and maybe shop but can't ride any attractions? I do wonder how this possible new system would "clear" the park of non-resort guests?

I have only been to one EMH, but I have been to several PPP and MNSSHPs and they use the same wristband policy. They have CMs who walk around and ask to see everyone's braclets. If you don't have one, the politly tell you have have to pay for the party or leave the park. I have mainly seen this done while we wait for parade and fireworks.

007mickey

I have only been to one EMH, but I have been to several PPP and MNSSHPs and they use the same wristband policy. They have CMs who walk around and ask to see everyone's braclets. If you don't have one, the politly tell you have have to pay for the party or leave the park. I have mainly seen this done while we wait for parade and fireworks.

So they do actually make an attempt to "clear" the park. I think that's good, just a hard one to enforce with so many people.

If I remember the EMH morning was really simple, if you have a resort card and ticket...come on in, if not...please wait outside till 9 am.

JustPlainBill

I never liked waiting in line to get the wristband anyway.
Showing my ID doesn't seem like a big deal to me, Besides, I don't like wearing the wristband.
Last time I was at Late EMH at MGM, when it was still MGM, half the people I saw weren't wearing wristbands anyway. I was irritated that I went through the hassle of getting the thing, worring that I was going to get kicked out of the park because I almost forgot to get it!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Weird... holding an arm up was a lot quicker than finding and showing (and not loosing) a room key.

Thumbs down.
i agree. im not certain why they couldnt put a large barcode on it for that specific date etc and you scan it while entering the queue. for backup, they have the date printed on the band.

yes, i know that is more money and labor (possible waste) for the company, but tons of unhappy guest with lost rooms keys wont be easier either (granted... they will get a "lost" key charge)

hrcollectibles

The Sky is falling the sky is falling

isn't this only going top be for like 3 nights.. Some people are making it sound like a permanent change. Perhaps they are doing this as a way to see how many of those that can legally take advantage of extra magic hours (meaning property guests) actually ride the attractions...

the-reason14

This seems dumb, more work imo. Its easier to pass along your room key to someone else than it is a wristband, even though its easy to pass your room key to someone to get a wristband. But still, Ive ran across CMs that didnt even check. One guy was busy talking to some folk about something, he didnt check the people infront of us, so he wasnt gonna check us either. Got off, went back he was doing the same thing.

Disneykidder

Krista...that is a discusting display...I am sure more families do that same bit with the ziplock.

Well, maybe a way to get around it all could be if resorts distribute the wristbands each morning to people who request it and have to show their key card and the band is put on them. I just don't like people taking advantage of others and times where they can get away with it. Taking the key out each time to ride will not go over well and will get very old very quickly...especially if staying for a week or more....maybe they want to do away with it altogether and this is theri way to do it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom