Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Princess Leia

I've watched Amazing Race Canada and Canada has SUCH a vast landscape, I can't wait to visit it one day. So many things they could do.
I took French in high school and college, and there was always a focus on Quebec. Someday I would love to go to Quebec City for Carnival and see Le Bon Homme de Neige (who should really be featured if Disney has another art festival in January). It just kind of hurts to see how Disney can capture the feelings of so many countries, but Canada they just sort of settled in a mostly good, but not great way.

The_Jobu

Make the Canadian Pavilion Great Again

Seriously, wth is with Disney disrespecting our Northern neighbor like that? It needs a QS restaurant, or at least some food stands that serve more than popcorn. A maple dessert shop would be much appreciated. And poutine.

There is so much more that could be done with Canada, and Disney's doing the bare minimum. :grumpy:

The Canada 150 birthday party this year would have been a great time to unveil a little something new to the pavilion. Well, at least something a little bigger than the special pins they're giving out July 1st.

Princess Leia

The Canada 150 birthday party this year would have been a great time to unveil a little something new to the pavilion. Well, at least something a little bigger than the special pins they're giving out July 1st.
But it's a rare pin. :rolleyes:

I am way too passionate about the Canadian pavilion. And so is my dad, for some reason. I brought him maple syrup from my trip, and he went into a talk about how it was the same brand sold at Disney, and just about all of the maple goods sold at the pavilion. He hadn't been to Epcot in 8 years, and yet he remembered the goods sold to a weird degree of detail. :hilarious:

Really though, Canada needs more to do, see, and eat. It's almost pathetic when you look at what Mexico has to offer.

One last thing before I get off of my Canadian soapbox: if Disney could find a way to incorporate products from Délices Érable et Cie, they would have a ton of revenue. I had maple tea and gelato with maple chunks (they had 3 other varieties of maple gelato too) there, along with maple popcorn, and if I could, I would spend at least an entire afternoon trying their products.
http://www.deliceserableetcie.com/en

sedati

So it looks like the France pavilion will have:
  • A brand new ride
  • Some type of film
  • Two table service restaurants
  • A counter service restaurant
  • An ice cream/sorbet parlor
  • A perfume shop
  • A wine shop
  • Two little alcohol/crepe kiosks
If only the other World Showcase countries could receive this kind of love. (I'm looking at you, Canada).

I don't understand why each country (France, Japan, China) that has a Disney park within it doesn't maintain some sort of preview center for those resorts. I know they've done it when a park is about to open, but why not keep it permanently?

sedati

I did a little research going back to the opening of the original ride in France, here's a few notes.

I hope the Epcot version uses the original name Ratatouille: Kitchen Calamity.
The vehicles were made in conjunction with those used in Mystic Manor, but they are different. The base "puck" is what drives the vehicle, but the Ratatouille cars can also tilt, spin, and shake.
They wanted to use laser projection as they are easier to maintain (no bulbs) but the tech wasn't there at the time for something so large.
Capacity is high- up to 2220 an hour.
Ride length is 4:40.

Lastly I remember an interview way back that I could not find. They were discussing how the 3D was rendered differently and it had something to do with eye-lines. This apparently had a marked improvement over other moving 3D rides at the time. Anyone recall this?

peter11435

I don't understand why each country (France, Japan, China) that has a Disney park within it doesn't maintain some sort of preview center for those resorts. I know they've done it when a park is about to open, but why not keep it permanently?
I don't think they really want to advertise parks they don't recieve 100% of the revenue from. They'd rather you just keep spending your money at WDW.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
So it looks like the France pavilion will have:
  • A brand new ride
  • Some type of film
  • Two table service restaurants
  • A counter service restaurant
  • An ice cream/sorbet parlor
  • A perfume shop
  • A wine shop
  • Two little alcohol/crepe kiosks
If only the other World Showcase countries could receive this kind of love. (I'm looking at you, Canada).
Canada is just itching for a log flume ride...

tl77

True, but in the past it was common to see building outlines on the plans. This one is particularly is strange since the entire area where the building will be built is labeled as parking and even includes the number of parking spaces.
The "parking lot" on there is the part of the current configuration of that space, and the images of 2 new backstage access roads are the only new information on this blueprint... it's like they laid the 2 new "France Service Roads" over top the existing Blueprint. So any new building would have to fit in between the those 2 new roads. I colored the existing backstage access roads lavender, the new roads they are building yellow, and the possible new Show Building Foot Print blue

...what's in the South-west or "Bottom Right" corner of the current France Pavilion? It looks like that's where this new building is going to connect to the existing France pavilion

Attachments

• France with ride.jpg
    France with ride.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 446

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The "parking lot" on there is the part of the current configuration of that space, and the images of 2 new backstage access roads are the only new information on this blueprint... it's like they laid the 2 new "France Service Roads" over top the existing Blueprint. So any new building would have to fit in between the those 2 new roads. I colored the existing backstage access roads lavender, the new roads they are building yellow, and the possible new Show Building Foot Print blue

...what's in the South-west or "Bottom Right" corner of the current France Pavilion? It looks like that's where this new building is going to connect to the existing France pavilion

No, the parking labels only appear on the future state plans, not on the current state and the parking area behind the pavilion is not currently being used for parking.

CJ @ Disney

Nice! Better attractions have been needed in the World Showcase for some time, and I sometimes get jealous about some of the cool overseas attractions.

That said, people who love the World Showcase for its table-service restaurants and dramatic theming may not be happy to hear that yet another animated movie is moving into the neighborhood. And, of course, there's already rumors a Coco theme will be taking over the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico following the release of the movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom