Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

flyerjab

It sounds crazy because, weren't you the one saying that any new national pavilion would come with a ride to justify the cost of a new pavilion?

I can't recall if @marni1971 was the person that said that, but I know for a fact that this very statement was made regarding any new country. Someone said that any new country would include a new ride - and not a small one.

RobbinsDad

Enchanted Tales (or at least the original incarnation of it) has a bit of a sweet spot in my heart. Back in the olden days of 199something, my family went on a trip, went to the original version of Enchanted Tales (where Merida is now), and one of my favorite Disney memories was created. While my sister and I weren't chosen to be a part of Belle's story, my dad was chosen to be the Beast. We have it on film somewhere, but he got really into the part.

I think it's nice to have a variety of things to do at Disney (rides, shows, interactions like this), and at least this is more entertaining than waiting in a 3 hour line to meet Cinderella.

In full agreement about the DHS shows. Idk why BatB isn't getting a movie-esque update, or an enclosed theater to do a longer show. A 45 minute, detailed musical a la Aladdin or Frozen is needed at that park. Little Mermaid should definitely bow out for Tangled or Moana.
I was the Beast once in this show. All I remember is thinking, "Belle really wants me to put my hand on her waist?" Also, I hope they changed out the costume for the next dude because it was a 96 degree day in late June. You do the math.

Jeffxz

I can't recall if @marni1971 was the person that said that, but I know for a fact that this very statement was made regarding any new country. Someone said that any new country would include a new ride - and not a small one.

I believe that was @articos
Here is the quote: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ce-pavilion-epcot.923680/page-17#post-7542426

ETA: More context to the above quoted message: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ce-pavilion-epcot.923680/page-18#post-7542642

peter11435

All countries should have an attraction. It doesn't matter what type; ride, show, special entertainment, museum, etc. If it's just shops and restaurants, the place starts feeling (more) like a gigantic mall with a cover charge.
Well if you are counting ride, show, special entertainment, and museum then all current countries have those. I'd like to see more than just that

doctornick

Original Poster
Well if you are counting ride, show, special entertainment, and museum then all current countries have those. I'd like to see more than just that

I think steetmosphere/live outdoor acts are a nice compliment but all pavilions should IMHO have a ride or show or at the very least an exhibition space. UK and Italy I think are pavilions who really don't have much beyond shopping/eating except for the streetmosphere -- I'd like to see that improved upon. At least Germany has the train garden.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Ah thanks. Sorry, @marni1971 for confusing you. However, it is now your duty to enter the octagon with @articos for the insider scoop. Winner decides whether or not a new pavilion can be built with or without a ride.

:D

Last edited:

JohnD

It wouldn't be difficult. They did it with the two Circlevision films.

Even so, the 1981 scenes in IDF don't stand out that much. They could certainly keep the money shots in.

Easy to keep the "money shots", music, and narration. Just update any scenes with people in it that need it. Wedding scene needs it. May not need it for hunting with dogs scene, though. They're in formal outfits. Maybe not even the market scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom