Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here's a good link to some lost pavilions at EPCOT.
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2006/06/06/2772.aspx

For those too lazy to open the link here's the highlights:
Rhine River Cruise:

IMG_0619.JPG

Japan pavilion and train ride:
IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0621.JPG

United Arab Emirates:
IMG_0622.JPG

Venezuela:
IMG_0623.JPG

21stamps

Here's a good link to some lost pavilions at EPCOT.
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2006/06/06/2772.aspx

For those too lazy to open the link here's the highlights:
Rhine River Cruise:

View attachment 184481
Japan pavilion and train ride:
View attachment 184480
View attachment 184479
United Arab Emirates:
View attachment 184478
Venezuela:
View attachment 184477

I'd rather have Brazil than Venezuela of were doing South America. As long as all South American foods are incorporated.lol
UAB would be amazing, but I understand why it's not there.

Jamaica would be a fabulous pavilion. It's not listed as rejected or thought of yet.. so maybe a possibility? Put in a bobsled ride.
Or Turkey? That would be fun, but they sell Turkish Delights in The Morocco pavilion..so may be redundant.lol

Thank you for posting the pics. I know that I personally hate clicking on links.

Kevin_W

Dumb question that I probably missed while skimming the thread - are we talking about an addition to France? Or do we have to lose Impressions to get something new?

El_Tomato

Wow. That would be awesome. So many possibilities there. Food, drinks, dancing, soccer. Also, absolutely perfect to theme a festival around ;) lol. No but seriously..Brazil would be great. I wonder why they decided against it.

I didn't even know Brazil was ever considered for WS!
And also (kinda off topic), are there any possibilities of a new country showing up soon?

Mike S

I can't comment on Aladdin since the ride doesn't actually exist but for Frozen I can give you the simple explanation why it doesn't work for me. The ride has nothing to do with the country of Norway. It tells me nothing about the country or the people or the culture. Just having the movie set in a fictitious land somewhere similar to Norway isn't enough to make it a good fit. Should we add rides based on every movie that's set in America to the American pavilion? Legal theme park rights to the characters aside should they build an Iron Man ride in place of the American Adventure since Iron Man and the Avengers movies are set in the U.S.? I think we can all agree on a huge no to that.

What works for me is 3 Caballeros in Mexico. It features characters but uses them to entertain while still educating guests about the host country. It's a good way to incorporate characters but keep to the original intent of WS. Frozen fails at that completely.
I wasn't referring to an Aladdin ride. I was talking about the M&G. Context :)
Japan's attraction isn't entirely new R&D.
Let me guess. It was originally slated for our New Fantasyland.
4120327_o.gif

Yes, just looked it up quickly on Google (don't know how legitimate sources are) and there was Mt Fuji roller coaster planned for Japan and Rhine River boat ride for Germany. Disney would probably never look back at ideas like these but interesting to think about.
I'd love to see Mt. Fuji and the Matterhorn loom over WS one day...

HouseHacker97

I didn't even know Brazil was ever considered for WS!
And also (kinda off topic), are there any possibilities of a new country showing up soon?

I'd like to see them turn the "african outpost" area into a full-fledged african nation. It seems really out of place the way it is now and they have enough space. But alas~ it doesn't seem like it will be happening any time soon

threvester

I'd like to see them turn the "african outpost" area into a full-fledged african nation. It seems really out of place the way it is now and they have enough space. But alas~ it doesn't seem like it will be happening any time soon
it would always be compared to Harambe._

HouseHacker97

Harambe, while not technically a real place, is authentically African in design and execution. An African pavilion would be redundant

I'm sorry but doesnt that sound a bit weird to you? the entire continent of africa is represented by a single area in a different park, and that means that it's useless to include a specific and unique country in WS at epcot? thats like saying that the chinese and japanese pavilions are redundant just because animal kingdom includes "asia" and is based on "authentic asian design". please don't forget i'm calling for specific countries, not an "africa" pavilion...

Cesar R M

I'm sorry but doesnt that sound a bit weird to you? the entire continent of africa is represented by a single area in a different park, and that means that it's useless to include a specific and unique country in WS at epcot? thats like saying that the chinese and japanese pavilions are redundant just because animal kingdom includes "asia" and is based on "authentic asian design". please don't forget i'm calling for specific countries, not an "africa" pavilion...
secoding this..
Respective countries would look way better. like an egyptian one.

I still wonder why so many people think or refer "Africa" is a single entity.

I am Timmy

I agree! Try explaining the outpost to someone who has never been. It's like it's less important. I say, "Yes, there are several countries represented from around the globe, and they're in this order..... oh no, that's not a country spot, Africa is more like a "rest area" with African theming, no idea why." Awkward.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The cheap outpost is a nod to the pavilion of the same name that came within weeks of being built in 1983.

There's actually two pads back there. That could always be combined into one large one.

I am Timmy

The cheap outpost is a nod to the pavilion of the same name that came within weeks of being built in 1983.

There's actually two pads back there. That could always be combined into one large one.
Ooo, thank you, I didn't know that. I would love to see this expanded, there is just so much that could be done!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom