Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

njDizFan

I'm lost here...so the show building with be on an angle from the existing structures? And the access road is to the North(which really means underneath because Epcot was built upside down). And perhaps there will be an additional offering in front of Rat?

aladdin2007

I must be looking at the permits wrong, because I dont see how IDF is safe in it. If that space should remain and not be a connector to the ride, who wants to bet it will become a meetngreet. I cant see them keeping the film, though I would love more than anything if they did. or...what if part of the theater space is used for expanded bakery seating, goodness knows they need it,,,,just saying.:cautious:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Pardon my deliberately crudeness

View attachment 211801

Perhaps...

upload_2017-6-23_18-34-5.png

The red box is the area of Rat in actual France minus the queue and restaurant. The blue is a supposed guess of the new queue. Red lines to the left are gondola routes (if any intervening towers don't change their angle of approach).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So will the ride entrance be from the expansion pad or from the original pavilion?

We don't know. Martin hinted, I think, that it will be around the building on the right (as you're looking at the pavilion from the lagoon). But it can still go through Impressions de France and out the back since Martin wasn't sure as to the fate of IdF.

Disney Analyst

So I assume they are building the show building, and you just enter from somewhere inside the pavilion that basically already exists? That would save a lot of time actually, not having to build the fully themed facades and such.

lazyboy97o

I know this is a bit of armchair Imagineering but if the do put the rat ride at the back of the pad, perhaps they could make it a multi-level building. With the top floor/floors containing a different country which would be accessed from the front of the pad. Perhaps a restaurant or attraction. Sort of like The Land Pavilion has two floors.
So will the ride entrance be from the expansion pad or from the original pavilion?
It won't be themed. It's still a backstage entrance for service vehicles.
Access will be from the east side of the pavilion and wrap around back to the new showbuilding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom