Possibility of being moved to DVC resort

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

A LITTLE off topic?

WDW only OWNS so many DVC points. If they start to cut into MEMBER points? They can be sued for a contract violation.....
UNLESS they offer discounted dues to DVC Members. You can't rent what you don't own.

nickys

Premium Member
A LITTLE off topic?

WDW only OWNS so many DVC points. If they start to cut into MEMBER points? They can be sued for a contract violation.....
UNLESS they offer discounted dues to DVC Members. You can't rent what you don't own.

This is why they are limited as to where they can move people more than two months from now.

But within 60 days they can use whatever inventory isn’t booked by members. Which gives them a lot of leeway until mid August just now. Where they will hit a problem is once Fall Frenzy starts in late September when DVC inventory is scarce, which that other resorts will have to open up by then at the very latest.

Club Cooloholic

This is why they are limited as to where they can move people more than two months from now.

But within 60 days they can use whatever inventory isn’t booked by members. Which gives them a lot of leeway until mid August just now. Where they will hit a problem is once Fall Frenzy starts in late September when DVC inventory is scarce, which that other resorts will have to open up by then at the very latest.
I have to admit I am surprised they have this much inventory. There had to be a pretty large amount of people that canceled spring break vacations and want to fit one in before school starts again in the fall.

nickys

Premium Member
In case people hadn’t heard, DVC have confirmed AKL Jambo House is not opening June 22nd.

From the DVC website on the AKL Jambo overview:

As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, some amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will likely remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. However, at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village, merchandise locations and restaurants will be available.

Gravydeen

So I started to get impatient waiting for the email about our trip July 10th - 17th. So I called Disney and they are telling me I can keep my dates and move to a DVC. I thought they were going to pick for me which one we moved to. They basically gave me the list of DVC's and said which one do you want and you have to pay the difference. Going from Pop to Boardwalk Villas cost us about $1000 more even with a 35% dining discount. I will cancel before I pay that much more for a severely restricted trip. I don't know anything about most of these resorts to be able to pick one that might not be such a price difference. Are these all going to be that much more? I realize I am going from a value resort to a deluxe. I thought I saw where someone was given a change from Pop to Old Key West for the same price. Maybe there was a different situation with that story. What would be the cheapest DVC options?

3BratsToDisney

So I started to get impatient waiting for the email about our trip July 10th - 17th. So I called Disney and they are telling me I can keep my dates and move to a DVC. I thought they were going to pick for me which one we moved to. They basically gave me the list of DVC's and said which one do you want and you have to pay the difference. Going from Pop to Boardwalk Villas cost us about $1000 more even with a 35% dining discount. I will cancel before I pay that much more for a severely restricted trip. I don't know anything about most of these resorts to be able to pick one that might not be such a price difference. Are these all going to be that much more? I realize I am going from a value resort to a deluxe. I thought I saw where someone was given a change from Pop to Old Key West for the same price. Maybe there was a different situation with that story. What would be the cheapest DVC options?

I would call back. This is the first I'm hearing that if you kept your dates you would be charged the difference for the move. I thought they were only charging you the difference if you modified your dates. As far as cheapest DVC options I can't be certain but my guess would be the cabins at FW. Someone else on here I'm sure is much more knowledgable on this than I am. Perhaps it's changed because the parks are open on all your dates (minus the arrival one of course) if that is the case that surely does stink since up until this point they were not charging people the difference if they kept their dates. Not exactly good customer service IMO

Gravydeen

I would call back. This is the first I'm hearing that if you kept your dates you would be charged the difference for the move. I thought they were only charging you the difference if you modified your dates. As far as cheapest DVC options I can't be certain but my guess would be the cabins at FW. Someone else on here I'm sure is much more knowledgable on this than I am. Perhaps it's changed because the parks are open on all your dates (minus the arrival one of course) if that is the case that surely does stink since up until this point they were not charging people the difference if they kept their dates. Not exactly good customer service IMO
I called back and it was because I reached out to them rather than waiting for them to email me. They had not assigned a new resort for me yet. They submitted my information and said they would reach back out to me in 72 hours with which DVC I would be offered and it would be the same price. I guess the fact that I had a 35% dining discount coming to me makes no difference. I just lose that benefit I had coming. Then again I am going from a value to a deluxe. That's hard to complain about.

Gravydeen

I called back and it was because I reached out to them rather than waiting for them to email me. They had not assigned a new resort for me yet. They submitted my information and said they would reach back out to me in 72 hours with which DVC I would be offered and it would be the same price. I guess the fact that I had a 35% dining discount coming to me makes no difference. I just lose that benefit I had coming. Then again I am going from a value to a deluxe. That's hard to complain about.
And they did say that Pop was usually being moved to Old Key West, Saratoga or the cabins at Ft Wilderness. I would think that Old key West would be the nicest option wouldn't it?? Like I said I really don't know anything about these resorts.

nickys

Premium Member
And they did say that Pop was usually being moved to Old Key West, Saratoga or the cabins at Ft Wilderness. I would think that Old key West would be the nicest option wouldn't it?? Like I said I really don't know anything about these resorts.
Depends what you want really.

OKW has the largest rooms. It’s very spread out. Not sure if the boat will be running down to DIsney Springs by then.

SSR is walking distance to Disney Springs, so if you want to dine out that might suit you best.

The cabins at FW aren’t DVC, but will get you a full kitchen. OKW and SSR might if you get moved to a 1-bed or larger, but a studio has a kitchenette with microwave and toaster.

I’m not sure you’ll get a choice though.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Now, of note?

Before you book a "room" at WDW? Be aware that a LOT of DVC Owners have listed points with David's. MANY people have been denied banking - and are going to loose their points (according to WDW).

So check David's... You may very well find a large inventory, at good prices.

RememberWhen

Now, of note?

Before you book a "room" at WDW? Be aware that a LOT of DVC Owners have listed points with David's. MANY people have been denied banking - and are going to loose their points (according to WDW).

So check David's... You may very well find a large inventory, at good prices.
Who has been denied banking? From what use year? This is the first I’m hearing of this.

Prince Thomas

They are not charging u for the upgrade if u keep ur dates. So I’m not sure what you’re talking about. They’ve only been charging if u move your date.

Club Cooloholic

They are not charging u for the upgrade if u keep ur dates. So I’m not sure what you’re talking about. They’ve only been charging if u move your date.
Correct, if you try to change it now, of course they are going to charge the difference, they probably are hoping people will do this, thus making them wait on knowing of they are getting moved(which is kinda crappy if they know the resort is going to be closed). Basically hold tight and see what you get when you arrive, even SSR or OKW are still better than Pop for the same price in terms of value.

Kane88

Correct, if you try to change it now, of course they are going to charge the difference, they probably are hoping people will do this, thus making them wait on knowing of they are getting moved(which is kinda crappy if they know the resort is going to be closed). Basically hold tight and see what you get when you arrive, even SSR or OKW are still better than Pop for the same price in terms of value.
I had the same experience today, i have a mid July reservation and they tried to get me to upgrade for full price...

Mainahman

I was told by two.different CM today that as long as I dont change anything they will move me for free
did they mention if there is any rhyme to the reason? Are they moving you to the closest DVC property to where your current hotel is, or is it totally random, throw a dart against a map of property plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom