Possibility of being moved to DVC resort

Mainahman

Moderate with DVC???

Isnt Rivera considered a mod? if not i had that wrong.

Either way i wonder if they will do that. or if all they will open is the cash side of DVC resorts. Not complaining either way! We have a Suite at all star music now, as we needed the space of a suite. Ive been wondering what they might do with us.

tasha ratliff

Original Poster
List of CM called back by union so it gives us some idea of resorts and restaurants opening in first phase
Screenshot_20200604-090711_Facebook.jpg

Club Cooloholic

It boggles mind that anyone would want to stay at kidani alone.

I like it...but without the services of DAKL it’s just not anywhere close to what it is: which is maybe the best overall hotel.

Nba at DAKL? Now that does make sense.
I cant agree with this. I would wager there are quite a few guests that never set foot in Jambo of staying at Kidani because it offers nothing to them worth trekking over for.

Club Cooloholic

Then they are hanging with one overbooked restaurant and a nice, but diminished pool.

So they are not the “wise” of the herd
As someone who made the trek from Jambo to Kidani, I think the pools are equal, Jambo edging Kidani in overall size, Kidani winning in better pool bar area and fun for kids(slide spray, area.
As for restaurants, I stayed at Beach Club 4 nights and didnt eat at any of them so it depends on your eating habits, but Boma is often booked by people not staying at the resort.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As someone who made the trek from Jambo to Kidani, I think the pools are equal, Jambo edging Kidani in overall size, Kidani winning in better pool bar area and fun for kids(slide spray, area.
As for restaurants, I stayed at Beach Club 4 nights and didnt eat at any of them so it depends on your eating habits, but Boma is often booked by people not staying at the resort.
My point is: why limit yourself? Why go with half?

No matter if you use it or not...

Club Cooloholic

My point is: why limit yourself? Why go with half?

No matter if you use it or not...
Of course I would prefer the option of the whole thing being open, but you wiegh if that's important cs not going at all. That's kinda the big question for the entire WDW resort, till COVID restrictions are over.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Unless it means 50 percent less people in parks...now that would be glorious.
Why?

Same stuff...

Booking lunch 6 months In advanced and a tiered roller coaster 2 out is, was, and always will be patently absurd.

This situation has only provided clarity.

Besides...they are not gonna run 1996 September “ghost parks” for long...the bottomline will still dictate.

Last edited:

Rosa2Little

I will be happy to be there for a trip 7/23-27 even with the limits in place. Booked POR, and would be glad of an upgrade. I am a healthcare provider, and so handwashing, keeping aware of distancing, and masks are always part of my everyday. Heck, a cloth mask at Disney will be the least amount of PPE I’ve worn in months!
Watching this thread closely to see what others are offered 👍🏻

Miss Bella

I can't believe how long they've had their reservation system unavailable. I hope they get their act together in the next week. I would really like to know where they are moving me to. There are some resorts I will not stay at I'd like to be able to cancel in time to plan something else.

The_Wilsons

We have a reservation for coronardo this sept. As we are from the UK we have no idea when the NBA will be playing.

are we likely to be moved or will they be finished by then?

Rosa2Little

We have a reservation for coronardo this sept. As we are from the UK we have no idea when the NBA will be playing.

are we likely to be moved or will they be finished by then?
NBA season runs through mid-October. From this article, it would seem there may be more dates that have been proposed.

lostpro9het

I will be happy to be there for a trip 7/23-27 even with the limits in place. Booked POR, and would be glad of an upgrade. I am a healthcare provider, and so handwashing, keeping aware of distancing, and masks are always part of my everyday. Heck, a cloth mask at Disney will be the least amount of PPE I’ve worn in months!
Watching this thread closely to see what others are offered 👍🏻
Would you be happy if Disney asked you to pay the difference for said upgrade or cancelled your booking if you didn’t?

Rosa2Little

Would you be happy if Disney asked you to pay the difference for said upgrade or cancelled your booking if you didn’t?
My budget allows the trip I booked. If my booking is cancelled, I will reschedule to next year. I hope to go this year, but it is dependent on many things — including a watch on the trends after opening Universal. If it’s a no-go for reasons by Disney or by me so be it. I’ve seen too much as an essential frontline healthcare provider to cry over a vacation. Trying to keep it all in perspective...

BWDVCkidsince96

in case this hasnt been mentioned, akl jambo house is fully unavailable for booking until further notice, confirmed by two member services reps i spoke to at dvc today. the website hasnt allowed any jambo house rooms to be booked for the past few days FOR THE ENTIRE REMAINDER OF 2020, which seems crazy at the moment. a cast member confirmed today that jambo house will not be opening with the rest of the dvc resorts on 6/22. i dont know anything else. i did hear the nba was confirmed for coronado springs. not sure where MLS is staying. taking up dvc rooms would be really ty though since the inventory of points is already being flooded by people being able to bank points that would have otherwise expired. dvc members should be getting pretty irritated at this point, but maybe they arent because a significant portion are nervous to travel this year. who knows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom