Port Orleans Riverside vs. Saratoga Springs

kephart1

My family goes to Disney every summer and stays at Port Orleans Riverside, we love it there and don't really look to stay anywhere else. This year we are bringing more people and have a dilemma. We want to add the Disney Dining Plan this year for the first time but we are going to have to have 2 rooms at Riverside.

We have noticed that we can stay at Saratoga Springs in a 2 bedroom villa for about the same price as 2 rooms and the dining plan at Riverside. As of right now we are leaning towards Riverside because we'd have the dining plan but Saratoga Springs does look very nice.

What do you guys thing?

KingStefan

POR is very nice, but SSR is a notch above. Plus a 2BR Villa is going to give you plenty of space. The pool at SSR is really beautiful, and even though I love the pool at POR, the SSR pool is much nicer. And the TS restaurant at SSR is really good. So is the CS.

But if it's the same price WITHOUT dining, you're talking a big price difference. About $40 more per person per day.

You can get the dining plan at SSR, too, you know.

If money is not an object, I'd go for SSR and dining. As long as you can get near the pool and the main building. Even if you're in another section, it will still be really nice - it's just MUCH farther to walk to the main building from most anywhere in SSR than it is in POR.

But trying to compare the two is an apples and oranges thing. SSR is a step up, no doubt, but you'll pay a lot more.

Upvote 0

kephart1

Original Poster
no we are including dining at Riverside, Saratoga is the same price as Riverside and the Dining plan.

we don't want to get the dining plan at SSR b/c it would be very expensive

Upvote 0

eroyee

I would stay at POR, specially with the dining plan. we love that resort. you can always go and visit SSR and maybe stay there another time?

Upvote 0

kephart1

Original Poster
Yeah we love Riverside too and we are probably going to be staying there. There is a reason we have stayed there every year for years now. It is a great place

Upvote 0

H20Babie

Just my humble opinion, but if you stay at SSR in a 2 BR without the dining plan, you will have kitchen facilities for breakfast and can take a break from the parks for a late lunch or early dinner. Just think of the groceries and "beverages" you could buy in lieu of the dining plan for your entire stay. Not saying that a meal or two here and there in the parks isn't an option, but having the kitchen, etc., is a great perk :)

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I would have to agree with the King....you are really doing an apples to oranges comparison. If your room only at SSR is the same price as 2 rooms plus the dining plan at PORS it is really a no brainier especially if money is an issue. Sure SSR is a nice resort and the room you will be in will have far more space and amenities than anything that PORS can offer but giving up the dining plan for it might not work out all that well. You will of course still have to eat and eating at Disney out of pocket for $40 a day can be a bit tricky. You can do it but you will be doing all counter service and even with that you are still looking at around $30 per person.

Upvote 0

Yankeeplex

SARATOGA SPRINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is not doubt. Besides being a beautiful area with great amenities (love the Artist Palette) but it is extremely convenient to the downtown area and very quiet. You never feel like you are among the masses. We do a 3 bedroom villa every year through DVC. We love it.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

I am with Master Yoda on this one. SSR is a great resort and the 2 bedroom villas are probably amazing, but for the price, Id go with POR. In addition there is always the option of if the other family has to cancel for whatever reason. With POR, it isnt an issue as your room and arrangements would be unaffected ( Except for ADR's) If you are at SSR the additional cost would still have to be covered. Just a thought. Belle

Upvote 0

Montyboy

No help here because I agree with H2OBabie. If you are driving, you can pack the car with decent groceries and not just snacks. The two bedroom villas are pretty nice.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom