Port Orleans Re-Opening

castlecake2.0

Should be in the imagineering forum, but what would you all, as POR fans, think of this as a replacement for Boatwrights?:

Coming soon to Disney’s Port Orleans Resort- Riverside: SOUL: Southern Classics. This restaurant, a favorite hangout of local musicians who perform on the Sassagoula’s mighty steam ships, invites you to experience modern interpretations of southern classics. The newly refreshed interior will feature tributes and nods to the people that helped build the beautiful river paddle wheelers, along with the talented artists that perform on them. Specialties of the house will include a delicious gumbo featuring a “melody” of local flavors, and the show stopping New Orleans bourbon bread pudding. Next door at River Roost you will still find the lively entertainment and libations that made it the talk of the bayou. Follow the smooth jazz notes to this newly re imagined venue that’s sure to become a family favorite.

E0C143E3-C88B-4615-AE67-E9AEF8458F54.jpeg

*fan made fiction.

muddyrivers

I mean, it's pretty clear my love for POR ;) I'm yearning for the day I can ride on the Sassagoula River once again and stroll out of my room in Magnolia Terrace, over the bridge to Ol' Man Island, and to the food court for a Cherry Coke while I sit at my table by the wheel

Raxel7851

I mean, it's pretty clear my love for POR ;) I'm yearning for the day I can ride on the Sassagoula River once again and stroll out of my room in Magnolia Terrace, over the bridge to Ol' Man Island, and to the food court for a Cherry Coke while I sit at my table by the wheel
Ahhhhhhhhhhh. The Good Ole Pre-Covid days!! Hopefully returning soon. See ya at the “wheel” with my Vanilla Coke from POFQ.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I believe POFQ is going to open later this summer.
Would we not expect all 5 remaining hotels to be open by 9/24 or so? Seems they could really use the capacity. I understand the All Stars are mid-renovation but PO seems like an easy lift if they can find the staffing.

Nautilus

Throwing this out there as pure speculation- the current AP discount ends July10. June 1st is tomorrow. Summer is already upon us. Perhaps, the next round of resorts announced to reopen would be announced July 10 or July 11. A lot of summer travelers could be swayed to moving to more moderates & value resorts with lower rates and the just reopened appeal, but having new discounts both AP and general public could keep the deluxe resorts booked that are already open. It would spread out the resort guests across the various options, while still having a decent amount of rooms filled at all of them. Maybe? (I know there are a lot of factors that come into play when reopening resorts - staffing, busses, etc)

Bella749

I hope this is true! Tripadvisor used to say Port Orleans was opening August 1st, but today when I looked on there it now says this property is temporarily closed until 12/29/2021. I hope this is inaccurate.

Weather_Lady

We stayed at PORS (Alligator Bayou) on our first-ever family trip to WDW, when the kids were 4 and 6, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. The boat transportation to Disney Springs was a wonderful plus. Even now, I'd choose it over some of the deluxes, for its beauty and tranquility. I look forward to it reopening and becoming an option again.

sullyinMT

After staying at a couple of the Deluxe resorts, it solidified my opinion that POFQ is my go to Deluxe Resort.
Agreed. Absolutely love everything about it. Really hope they bring back some form of live entertainment at Scat Cat's. And, if YeeHaw Bob retired and won't come back, something to replace him at Riverside. The bars were always so fun and lively before!

dmw

In the Parks
No
After staying at a couple of the Deluxe resorts, it solidified my opinion that POFQ is my go to Deluxe Resort.
I really like AKL as a resort better than POFQ. But... POFQ beats AKL for the proximity to the parks and boat access to DS and much better prices.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom