Port Orleans Re-Opening

CaptainAmerica

I don't understand your point? As I said, the dining is one of the factors that make Animal Kingdom the best resort on property.

Port Orleans is the best value because it costs half as much as AKL (or at least it does when I usually go; that may not be true year round). It's certainly lacking in dining (the boat to Disney Springs helps some there) but it has nicer grounds than most of the deluxes.

It sounds like you read my post and thought I was saying Port Orleans is better than Animal Kingdom Lodge, which is definitely not what I was saying. Regardless, value is subjective.
My main point is that the dining situation as Port Orleans is *so* bad that I consider it more-or-less disqualified from any "best value" lists. That's an entire category in which they're completely deficient. With the addition of the Skyliner at Caribbean Beach and the tower at Coronado, I wouldn't even put it at the top of its own small category.

UNCgolf

My main point is that the dining situation as Port Orleans is *so* bad that I consider it more-or-less disqualified from any "best value" lists. That's an entire category in which they're completely deficient. With the addition of the Skyliner at Caribbean Beach and the tower at Coronado, I wouldn't even put it at the top of its own small category.

Ah, fair enough. I don't really care about the lack of quality on-site dining because I rarely eat meals at my resort; I prefer going to different places scattered around property -- plus we generally eat late dinners at Disney Springs (often QS) multiple nights a trip.

It's definitely multiple levels above Caribbean Beach and Coronado for me. I'd have to be paying like $100 less per night to be willing to stay at either over Port Orleans -- in fact, I'd choose POR over a couple of the deluxes even if the rates were the same. I dislike the Skyliner and it actually makes Caribbean Beach a worse value for me, though (due to the reduced bus service).

Which is all great for Disney from a business standpoint. Having different guests prefer different resorts from a value standpoint is ideal since it helps spread people out instead of everyone trying desperately to book the same handful of hotels.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
I wouldn’t assume that almost any restaurant at a resort that’s been closed for 16 months will be similar before and after. That’s a massive staff turnover shock. Brand new culture. It might be better it might be worse it might be the same but it’s a hard reboot.

CaptainAmerica

I wouldn’t assume that almost any restaurant at a resort that’s been closed for 16 months will be similar before and after. That’s a massive staff turnover shock. Brand new culture. It might be better it might be worse it might be the same but it’s a hard reboot.
I mean POFQ doesn't even have a restaurant to be good or bad.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
This might be a glitch or it might be something but I was just able to complete a booking for POFQ for March on Priceline. Availability shows for 3/26 and on for POFQ and POR
4B7C8779-DDD6-4125-B5A5-E8B50514D3C5.jpeg

Disone

Yup. They have not yet processed the cancellation. Hopefully this doesn’t become a headache.
Wait. What? You already cancelled? So like.... you just paid a deposit just to see if the reservation would book? Thats a level of experimentation for this forum I am not sure I would ever do.

castlecake2.0

I’d base this resort no being reopened by now 99% on staffing. I’ve heard multiple people now trying to book on property and there being no availability at all. They’re losing out on multiple bookings. I feel by end of summer they’ll have at least FQ reopen (it’s looking like august). Might be later into fall for Riverside. CP and hopefully CRP soon will start to free up labor to move around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom