Port Orleans Re-Opening

Stellajack

Premium Member
I'm on that same FB POR group. I saw the information about PO re-opening in July. It was from a well-known travel site which is NOT an official Disney announcement. I doubt that Disney would release that information to unofficial sites before making it known on their own site.

ToTBellHop

I'm on that same FB POR group. I saw the information about PO re-opening in July. It was from a well-known travel site which is NOT an official Disney announcement. I doubt that Disney would release that information to unofficial sites before making it known on their own site.
I can’t imagine it being July. They like to announce reopenings further in advance than that. POR, in particular, could be awhile.

Goof-Man

I would have to agree; I doubt there is any rush to bring back moderates when deluxe resorts could be opened first. But with that being said with the economic times in theory your moderates and value should be opened first. But the data is probably telling them otherwise.

Robbiem

Demand will play a role as well. Port Orleans and the Values are huge resorts compared to AKL, plus they have no DVC. To Disney it may be cheaper to open the more deluxe resorts first if they have lower operating costs, especially if these are shared with DVC at the same location. Disney can always adjust pricing to fill rooms they have open or move guests up as they have done with recent upgrades to the Grand Floridian for example

mf1972

They are upgrading people to the Grand Floridian?!!?! Where do I get on that list?
before we cancelled our trip last october, we were booked at POFQ. i’ve read comments here from other posters saying they were moved to the contemporary & i think BLT. we were looking to downgrade to PC, but we were offered CS. we never had an interest in staying there. too big for us & not into the theme either. we cancelled to more safe than sorry.

Skibum1970

Us, too. If they offered an upgrade to GF, I'd say, No Thanks. But if they offered BLT, I would definitely say YES! BLT is on my bucket list!

Agreed. We used DVC Rental to get into BLT and it was so enjoyable. For us, it's always Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge or Port Orleans. We usually stay at Port Orleans to cut costs down and have enjoyed both French Quarter and Riverside. So, I continue to watch and listen for when this resort reopens.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I have never stayed at the POR but regrettably had to cancel our first trip there last year. We are going for a quick weekend in August and would absolutely switch from where are booked now to POR. I really hope there is some substance to this rumor . 👍

Goof-Man

Having spent 10 days for my honeymoon at the Poly, I would tend to agree that an upgrade to a Deluxe on Seven Seas Lagoon is not my first choice for upgrade. We were "upgraded" to water view and then 7 times a day we heard the castle show and starting at 6:00AM we could hear the boats coming in. While nice when we got there after 10 days we were ready to go and had one night at CBR before we departed.

Dave B

Original Poster
Since they just announced all transportation is coming back, any word on if the hotels will all re-open?

Tomi-Rocket

I’m also hoping POR opens soon, I have a trip planned for Jan ‘22 and our current reservations are at CBR but this is a bday trip for my friend and she’s never stayed at the Riverside section of POR. So fingers crossed we hear something soon, not just about POR but the rest of the closed resorts. 🤞🏻

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom