Port Orleans Question

CB2@disney

Does anyone know how far apart the main building at French Quarter and the main building at Riverside are? Could a tired child walk between them without too much hassel? Is it like you can get there in 10 mins with a stroll or 10mins if you speed walk? Trying to plan where to eat and would like to try the counter service at Riverside but not sure since it would be for dinner after being in the park all day.

Mukta

I think it would be more than 10 min for a tired child. It has been a long time since I stayed there though. Is the boat an option?

Upvote 0

maryszhi

there is a bus that loops around/boat. i would recommend using that. also french quarter and riverside both have food courts that have the same hours and almost the same menu. the only thing riverside has that french quarter does not is a full service restaurant.

Upvote 0

WannaBWendy

It has also been a while for me too, but if I remember correctly, it seemed like a long walk. We ate supper over there and were staying in one of the Port Orleans buildings closest to Riverside. I can't remember the way the buses run, but could you take one of the buses and get off at Riverside?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The walking distance between the two lobbies is right a 1/2 a mile. Most people can make that walk in about 15 minutes. I do it in about 10 or less.

Upvote 0

lebeau

It's not a long walk. But with a tired child, even a block can seem like too long. You know your kid. Fortunately, you can always take a boat or bus if the need arises. We enjoyed the walk at a leisurely pace on days when we weren't in a hurry. Although the boat is a lot of fun too. If my kids were tired, I'd hop a boat.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Does anyone know how far apart the main building at French Quarter and the main building at Riverside are? Could a tired child walk between them without too much hassel? Is it like you can get there in 10 mins with a stroll or 10mins if you speed walk? Trying to plan where to eat and would like to try the counter service at Riverside but not sure since it would be for dinner after being in the park all day.
I am not sure exactly how far it is, but it is within walking distance.
A tired child might hinder the walk though.
I would say you don't have to walk too fast to get there in about 10 minutes.
The counter service at PORS is good, but I would not recommend the TS there.

Upvote 0

808in702

We just got back and I think the only bus that stopped at POFQ last was the downtown disney/typhoon lagoon and the Epcot bus goes directly from the park to your hotel, otherwise you can catch any bus to go to RS. You might want to confirm with the driver before boarding. If you plan to go to RS, I would suggest going to Ol Man Island before heading back to FQ.

Upvote 0

Mr_Incredible

Now I know the boat goes from FQ to RS. But what if you are staying at RS and want to walk to FQ for the dragon pool (my DS4 wants to go on it at least once!!)

Is the boat/bus an option? Or walking only from RS to FQ ?

Upvote 0

lebeau

I am not sure exactly how far it is, but it is within walking distance.
A tired child might hinder the walk though.
I would say you don't have to walk too fast to get there in about 10 minutes.
The counter service at PORS is good, but I would not recommend the TS there.

The "make your own" pasta is a great QS dinner. The rest of what we tried was pretty standard Disney fare. But that was a winner.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks richard, so the boat goes from RS to FQ first? That works then. But, we will probably walk for the pool.
If you are taking the boat you just need to be mindful of where it is coming from when at FQ. The boat coming from DTD will go to FQ the RS then back to FQ then back to DTD.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom