Port Orleans Fench Quarter questions

todpatcam

We first want to thank all those folks that replied to our question regarding airfare; we almost booked a month ago for around $1,000.00 for three round trip tickets. Several people recommend Fare-watch & Fare-compare and we just booked for our November trip for $600.00 with great times. Thank you!!!

Question: We are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter; is there a building that we should request when checking in?

Also, are kids (age 10) allowed in Scat Cat’s Lounge and/or River Roost Lounge?

Any other advice for staying at Port Orleans French Quarter would be appreciated. Thank you!!!!

:)

stratman50th

Stayed at the French Quarter many times and enjoy it very much. It depends on what you are looking for but we always request building 4 garden view (parking lot) ground floor if possible. Building 4 is right next door to the food court, if you get the parking lot side, its a very short walk to the bus stop, back side. It's also only one building away from the pool and laundry. The scat cat lounge is pretty small and right next door to the food court. Not sure why the kids would want to be in there. I don't remember where the River Roost lounge is (we don't drink) but if it's the outside bar next to the pool, there isn't an "inside". the stools are around the bar. It's one of those walk up to the bar with your bathing suit on, get your drink, and back to the lounge chair. Hope this helped.
EDIT: I just looked it up, River Roost Lounge is at Riverside which I have never stayed at. Sorry, I can't speak to that part. Wherever you stay, you'll enjoy it. We just like to be close to everything and building 4 fills the bill for us.

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

Bldg 5 is close to the pool (on one side) courtyard (on other side), food court, and main building
bldg 6 is close to the couryard.

The Courtyard shows movies on selected nights. I like Bldg 6.

Upvote 0

Sweet Melissa

Room requests at the French Quarter aren't really a necessity. My partner always prefers that our room not overlook a parking lot. Because of that, I requested a room in Building 2 this year. Even though this building is one of the farthest from the buses and main building, it's still less than a five minute walk to anything else at the resort.

Upvote 0

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Room location in a building can also affect proximity to main building, pool, etc. We just stayed in an end room in Building 2 (#2202) and were incredibly close to the food court, bus stop and pool. But like others have said, POFQ is a very small resort and walking distances to where you want to go are minimal no matter what building your room is in.

Upvote 0

BigTxEars

Head over to POR and check out Bob Jackson in the bar. Kids are welcome and it's only about a 10 minute walk along the river.

Yep, that guy is a riot. Kids and adults love him. He is crazy energetic, well worth seeing him!

You can also eat at Boatwrights at POR. Get the blackened Mahi Mahi in stewed green tomatoes, heck get two and I will PM you my home address :)

Oh and get the beignets at French Quarter bakery, oh yum yum!

Upvote 0

lbrad

Stayed at POFQ 3 years ago ...
by far my favorite resort!!!!!
We were in Building 6 ... small resort so you are close to everything

Scat Cat lounge was fun ... kids are welcome.

Be sure to take the ferry to DTD ... quiet & relaxing.

Have a magical trip :wave:

Upvote 0

datw2@epcot

Loved it!

We stayed at PO in April and we also feel in love with it.

The food court was one of the best- we got the beignets once a day. I think we stayed in BL 7- but like everyone has said it is small and I don't think it really matters where you are- it tooks us no time to walk to the food court/ bus stop or boat to dd.

I recommend using the boat to DD- we loved it. We even took a bus from a park one night to DD walked around there for a while and then took the boat back to PO.

As to kids at the bar- yes that will be fine. I have even seen kids sitting at a bar at Disney- Prime time, or other pool bars on property.
Enjoy your trip!

Upvote 0

Lisalyn

I just got back from POFQ and loved it! I was in Bldg. 2 which was pretty close to everything...I was on the side closest to the RueDeBaga sign on the walkway...only a hop skip and a jump to the gift shop, food court and buses..I was in a standard room but you would swear it was preferred. Absolutely adored this resort! Have a wonderful time.

Upvote 0

majorrfb

Pofq

We like Building 5, second floor, in the rear, overlooking the river. Peaceful, quiet, close to food court, pool and bus stop. A great location!:sohappy::xmas:

Upvote 0

todpatcam

Original Poster
Thanks everyone; we just received our yellow luggage tags today - yahoo!!!

Now we're just waiting for the travel docs and hard bag tags!!!

Thanks again for all the input and answers to our questions. :xmas:

Upvote 0

todpatcam

Original Poster
Another question just came up in converstation at lunch today that we had basically disregarded due to past threads on this topic. The question is wether or not to spend the extra money for a prefered room at POFQ or not.

We kind of put it out of our plans becuase of the size of the resort but now that we are getting closer to our departure date and looking over the resort map; we really do not want to have a parking lot view. We fly to WDW and during our 8 day trip we love the fact that we don't have to drive anywhere and the only time we have to deal with traffic is on the bus with someone else driving.

With that said; do you feel it is worth the $175.00 to add a prefered room to our trip? From what we've received in comments, buildings 2,5, or 6 wold be our prefered areas but I couldn't find which buildings are considered prefered???

Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I stay at POFQ every visit -- probably about 20 times now...and there is no reason at all to request a preferred room here...the resort is small, and even the furthest building is less than a 5 minute walk. I've stayed in basically every building. Enjoy your trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom