POR food court to close Jan 2nd thru March '07

hansel1

I didn't see where this was posted, but through a head's up, i called POR to asked if they were in fact renovating their food court during my stay in january.

The answer was yes, starting Jan 2nd the food court will be closed for renovations possibly through the middle of march 2007. During this time, boatrights will have extended hours.

I was told that guests are more than welcome to take advantage of their sister resort's food court (french quarters). Guest may also obtain snacks and drinks from the general store.

Plan accordingly.

go3epcot

My family and I will be at POR Dec. 22-31. Should we expect concerns before the Jan. 2 closing? We are counting on the food court since we are using the meal plan for the first time.:xmas:

Upvote 0

SpenceMan01

@!#$%. I guess should start checking out the Boatwrights breakfast menu. Thanks for the heads up, this would have sucked to have had dropped on us upon arrival.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

yeah I had heard someting about this during our trip this past September, I knew something was up when they changed the fruit and cheese platter and the sandwiches in the self serve fridge area..

Upvote 0

hansel1

Original Poster
Does anyone know of any food court type places open for breakfast at the any of the parks?

We don't usually eat a big breakfast, but we do grab a biscuit and coffee every now and then.

We have decided to stay at POR AB anyway, but I was kind of upset when I found out. Disney really should have notified people. General reservations didn't know about it, so I called the resort manager and she confirmed that it would be closed starting the 2nd.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Main Street Bakery in MK
Starring Rolls bakery in MGM
Electric Umbrella ( If Fountainview Cafe isnt open by then) in EPCOT
Kusafiri coffee shop & Bakery in AK
Belle

Upvote 0

Swamp Fox

Be careful of the sausage egg and cheese sandwich at the Main Street Bakery in MK. Without getting too graphic lets just say have some Imodium handy :(

Swamp Fox

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Well, this clinches it. We were debating upgrading from Pop to POR during our January trip (using an AP discount). Now, we'll just keep our reservation at Pop. Thanks for the heads up.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom