Pope John Paul II

FutureCEO

Original Poster
For us young people, the only pope we have known. Pray for his last few hours/days on earth. He will be remembered as one of the greatest Popes of the church and a great person in history. God Bless him.

Testtrack321

I agree totally.

God be with his soul. My family thinks he will pass away today. I'm watching the news, this is a very sad day. Luckally the media isn't being a circus like it was yesterday....

Figment1986

Acording to Fox News the Roman Catholic church has said.. the Pope is dying... he is near death.... Earlier reports on CNN & Fiox news from italian press said he had died... thought vadican has said he is only in acoma.....

can we please have a moment of silence...

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Pater Noster, qui es in caelis, sanctificetur nomen tuum.
Adveniat regnum tuum.
Fiat voluntas tua, sicut in caelo et in terra.
Panem nostrum quotidianum da nobis hodie, et dimitte nobis debita nostra sicut et nos dimittimus debitoribus nostris.
Et ne nos inducas in tentationem, sed libera nos a malo.
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena, Dominus tecum.
Benedicta tu in mulieribus, et benedictus fructus ventris tui, Iesus.
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen.

Captain Hank

I'm not Catholic, but I still appreciate how much he is/was respected and loved by so many people. He has accomplished so much in his time as Pope. It's so sad, but at least his suffering is/will be over. God Bless him.

Boo's Mom

according to Fox news on the tv, he is still alive. Cnn.com and Cnn on the tv says he's still alive and that his heart and brain are still functioning, just not as good as it should

Captain Hank

Boo's Mom said:
according to Fox news on the tv, he is still alive. Cnn.com and Cnn on the tv says he's still alive and that his heart and brain are still functioning, just not as good as it should
Yup, just heard that as well.

Atta83

The vatican right now is denying that he has passed on. The news stations are still trying to figure it out.

SIR90210

God Bless the Pope. May he forever be remembered as a contributor to world peace, a bringer of hope to all, a faithful servant of the Lord, aide to the destruction of Communist Bloc, and an overall good, Holy man. :cry:

WDWScottieBoy

Yes, the smoke does go up. And I believe they won't get a new pope until they have 100% of the vote for him too. I don't know much about Catholics though, sorry.

Disnut

WDWScottieBoy said:
Yes, the smoke does go up. And I believe they won't get a new pope until they have 100% of the vote for him too. I don't know much about Catholics though, sorry.

That is okay I am Catholic. I have been Baptist before being Catholic. I have been Catholic for 27 yrs and still don't know.

Figment1986

WDWScottieBoy said:

According to my knowledge.. it is a 100% vote the cardinals must have before a new pope....

(correction... 2/3 or even totally majority of the cardinals must agree..)

Could take from a week to a month or even 2 months... Depends how long it takes for them to make a good decision.

The black smoke is a sign we don’t have a pope yet.. .they burn the ballots with straw... when we have a pope they burn the ballots by themselves making white smoke.... signaling the search is over...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom