Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Then we did something we had never done before, Hope & I rode the carousel - of course, not without a little drama. Hope and I walked over and waited where we were told to – she was waiting in her stroller. When the CM let us on, I asked where I should leave Hope’s stroller. The CM said right outside the gate. I was hesitant but said okay. Hope and I walked to a horse and I lifted her up to put her on. Just as she started to swing her leg over the horse, a man walked right in front of us and said, “Excuse me”. I thought he was just rushing by so I pulled Hope back and to my amazement he plopped himself right on the horse! I was like… WTH??? Did that really just happen? I was bewildered. I rushed to the closest empty horse and managed to get Hope on. I was sooooo glad that Hope was okay not sitting on the horse she “picked”. It’s why I’m glad I rehearse things like this with her. Although I never would have thought an adult would do something like that!! Apparently, he wanted to sit in front of his family so he could take pictures of them while on the ride. (You can see him in the pictures behind Hope.)

thumb_IMG_3043_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3046_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3049_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3050_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3046_1024.jpg

The drama wasn’t over yet. When Hope and I got to the place where I left the stroller – there was NO stroller! I was actually holding her because she was tired. I saw a CM a few feet away and asked if he knew where the stroller might have gone. He scolded me and told me it went to stroller parking – where it should have been left. I was so mad at this point. I asked him if he noticed the disability sticker on the stroller which made it a wheelchair – and pointed out the CM who instructed me to leave it there. I then told him he could go get it and bring it to me because I wasn’t carrying my daughter around to search for it.

He looked horrified and ran off to find it. Luckily he came back in a few minutes with it and apologized. I felt a little bad – I don’t think I would have reacted so grumpy if it wasn’t for our last day craziness that was driving me insane. He offered me an extra FP if I went to Guest Services, but I told him it wasn’t necessary and I thanked him for getting it for us.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
What a jerkface taking Hope's horse. Some people seem to think only about themselves with no regards for others.
I totally understand that you were a bit grumpy when you couldn't find your stroller and I like the way you handled it.

Thank you - it was crazy. I'm happy Ross wasn't there because he said he would have been in every one of that guy's photos! lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
What is it with adults stealing kids horses on the Carousel? There was a similar story in another trip report....:mad:

I know - I read the other report - crazy. For the record, I never experienced this. I mean, there have been lots of times at Six Flags that other kids will run to a horse that Hope is heading for, but they are just kids who happen to be much faster than Hope. lol A couple of times a parent has noticed and even offered for their child to switch for her. Hopefully it was just 2 really bad experiences and not something that happens all the time!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Then, finally, we all went to laugh with our monster friends.

thumb_IMG_3074_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3079_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3082_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3084_1024.jpg

We walked the sad journey to the front of the park. We were once again, playing with the time. I am always frantic that we will miss our ME. I suggested we stop at Casey’s and pick up something to eat on our walk back and wait for the bus – that way we didn’t have to eat at the hotel. Ross however, wanted to sit and eat there.

thumb_IMG_3085_1024.jpg

I wanted the pulled pork hot dog – but Ross, believing that you should order the most expensive item on the menu - with the free dining - ordered the foot long and this is the monstrosity I got…

thumb_IMG_3087_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3088_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3091_1024.jpg

We ate quickly because the clock was ticking and we had to get back to POR. I felt so nervous and rushed, I don’t think I ate but a few bites.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We left MK and said our goodbyes.

thumb_IMG_3096_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3110_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3112_1024.jpg

Then we waited for the bus. And waited and waited…

I was freaking out – what was taking so long? Of course, we still had to use some snack credits when we got back – and get some food for the road.

Once back at the resort, Ross and I had another miscommunication as we were scrambling to make ME. I ran into the gift shop and grabbed 6 packs of popcorn for my remaining snack credits. Every line was long so I picked the shortest one. The person in front of me was buying some mugs so they all had to be wrapped in paper. My heart was beating so fast… would we really miss ME? Finally it was my turn and the CM tells me the popcorn is not part of the snacks. I wouldn’t have cared, but I actually asked a few days before if it was included and I was told yes. So I raced back to the candy section and just grabbed gummys and back to the CM who held my place.

I raced out of the store back to Ross who was mad it took me so long and then Julia announces, “I have to use the bathroom.”

If you hooked me up to a blood pressure machine, it would have said, “tilt”.

We went to the bathroom and then seriously we were the last people to get on ME – they were waiting for us!

We made it!

thumb_IMG_3120_1024.jpg

Soon we were at the airport, changed into jeans and sweatpants and boarded our flight home.

thumb_IMG_3129_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3132_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_3135_1024.jpg

For some reason, Ross couldn’t get a seat next to us and I was glad because we were still battling it out. A flight separation was well called for.

thumb_IMG_3139_1024.jpg

Our trip was over. :cry:

Usually, that is where I leave off for my TR. However this year, I will venture a little further. As we touched down in NY Ross asked me if I knew where the shuttle would be picking us up. I told him I had to call and they would tell us where to go. His response: “So you don’t know where we’re going!” I reminder him again that I was following their instructions and again his response: “So you don’t know where we’re going!”

I called the shuttle and proceeded to go where they told me to and sure enough we waited and waited and no shuttle. I called them again and it appeared we were in the wrong place. :banghead:

We walked over to where we had to be and I was surprised that there were 2 or 3 other groups waiting to get on the shuttle van. When the girls and I left, we were the only ones so I guess I assumed that would be the case now – no so. Not a big deal if the following didn’t happen.

Now I have no pictures of any of this – but you have to have a visual of what our crew looked liked. It was past midnight. We were all beyond done – completely exhausted and burnt out. We were still in our “family” t-shirts and all of us were wearing a menagerie of Mickey hats. And… Ross and I were still fighting.

The other groups boarding the van looked like they were returning from a business trip. They were very well dressed in business attire – very prim and proper, looking at us if we were something the cat dragged in. (Rightfully so – because that’s what we looked like!)

No one was allowed to board the van until everyone was checked in – so just as the guy started to go over our paperwork, Hope, who was in her stroller, was coughing. (She started coughing as soon as we got off the plane.) The business people were staring at us and I think Ross was feeling uncomfortable. He started to yell at me to give her some apple juice. I told him to relax – she was fine – just probably acclimating to the chilly weather. He was insistent on giving her juice and I was just done hearing him complain so I gave her the last small bottle I had and popped a straw in it.

She sucked it down and then stopped coughing.

Ross gave me a look and said, “See, I told you she just needed some juice.”

But his smugness was short lived. Just as the guy was about to let everyone on, Hope let out something that sounded like a combination of a cough and a burp. It was loud – not anything you would expect from such a small peanut. So it commanded the attention of everyone around. Following the burp heard around the world, she opened her mouth and out came the apple juice and a variety of things she consumed throughout the day. We all managed to jump out the way, which was sheer luck, because it shot out of her like a fire extinguisher. She followed it up with another loud burp and then broke into a chorus of Doc McStuffins… “Time for a check-up… Time for a check-up…”

At this point, I would have liked to pretend that I wasn’t with my family. But given our attire, we were all stuck with each other.

I know NO ONE wanted us to get on that van, but that wasn’t happening. The only good part was Hope stopped coughing and her projectile vomit didn’t get all over her. I cleaned off the little that was on her stroller, but I had no way of cleaning what was on the ground around me. I asked if I should call someone, but our shuttle driver didn’t seem to care. Ross & Julia boarded the van without us and everyone was so kind to leave us the back seat! I felt as though we were quarantined. I could tell that everyone held their breath for the 20 minute drive which was shortened because our driver was going about 90 mph. Thankfully, we had no further issues. We retrieved our car and headed home.

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Final Thoughts

Our trip was amazing – as always. I LOVED having the 2 “before” park days and I would love to do it again. It showed me that I could probably spend a week or more just walking around Disney without going into a park.

It was awesome to meet @dizfan917 and the other family from the boards. I wish I had remembered to take a picture.

F&W was fun and very YUMMY– but I would trade for lower crowds instead of the festival.

I am now tempted to buy a DVC, but with college on the horizon, I don’t think it will happen anytime soon.

Hope continues to amaze me and our trips to Disney serve as a benchmark to see her progress.

Julia is no longer a little girl but a beautiful young lady. I am thankful she stills holds Disney Magic close to her heart and I hope she always will.

I realized how much I love my husband based on the fact I didn’t kill him during this trip.

To everyone who was so patient and stuck it out with me for the last 10 months, I thank you. It’s fun to relive our trip in a TR and your kind comments are so appreciated. We are returning this September and I am hoping to get a Pre-trip started in the next couple of days.

Thanks again for reading and commenting

See you real soon!

thumb_IMG_3128_1024.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
OMG--GREAT TR !!!

So much to comment on from your most recent posts here, but I have to say--is it a "thing" now that some (jerk) adults are getting their jollies, by pushing little kids out of the way, so that they (the adults) can have whatever horse THEY want on the carousel??!!! What in God's name is the matter with people??!!! :eek:

The mad dash to ME, and the mayhem surrounding the shuttle late at night, were amusing to read. But I can only imagine the anxiety you experienced through all the drama!! Yikes.

But my most favorite quote of yours through all of your adventures is this one: "I realized how much I love my husband, based on the fact that I didn't kill him during this trip." :hilarious: (You know, you'll all look back on this trip, years from now, and realize just what an awesome time you all had, and what a wonderful family you have.)

Thanks for sharing all the fun with us! :)

blreinsel

So happy you were able to finish your report! I very much enjoyed it, as always. :) It's funny you mentioned being able to spend a day in MK just taking in all of the details without even riding anything... I've been considering doing just that once all of the move craziness dies down! There's so much to see that is easily overlooked in the hustle and bustle of typical park touring. I'm fortunate to now have the opportunity to really slow down and appreciate the parks and their details. :inlove:

I'm so excited that you're returning in September! I would love to bump into you guys.. I feel as if I know you and have watched Hope and Julia grow up through your reports. :)

riverside

Premium Member
As much as I've read your trip reports I keep telling myself I should be commenting on them so here I am...your reports are so enjoyable to read...your children are beautiful & I especially love to see Hope willing to take on new things every year!! I will be there in late September-not sure if you'll be there then-but I'll definitely keep my eye out for you!

LunaBelle

I loved reading this report! You have such a beautiful family and I'm so happy you had such a great trip! Congrats to Julia on her Graduation and I think it's so awesome that Hope was so brave in trying so many new things with you guys. I can't wait to follow along with your PTR and see all the fun things you'll be doing next time! :cat:

Ciara

Then we did something we had never done before, Hope & I rode the carousel - of course, not without a little drama. Hope and I walked over and waited where we were told to – she was waiting in her stroller. When the CM let us on, I asked where I should leave Hope’s stroller. The CM said right outside the gate. I was hesitant but said okay. Hope and I walked to a horse and I lifted her up to put her on. Just as she started to swing her leg over the horse, a man walked right in front of us and said, “Excuse me”. I thought he was just rushing by so I pulled Hope back and to my amazement he plopped himself right on the horse! I was like… WTH??? Did that really just happen? I was bewildered. I rushed to the closest empty horse and managed to get Hope on. I was sooooo glad that Hope was okay not sitting on the horse she “picked”. It’s why I’m glad I rehearse things like this with her. Although I never would have thought an adult would do something like that!! Apparently, he wanted to sit in front of his family so he could take pictures of them while on the ride. (You can see him in the pictures behind Hope.)

View attachment 217895 View attachment 217896 View attachment 217897 View attachment 217898 View attachment 217899

The drama wasn’t over yet. When Hope and I got to the place where I left the stroller – there was NO stroller! I was actually holding her because she was tired. I saw a CM a few feet away and asked if he knew where the stroller might have gone. He scolded me and told me it went to stroller parking – where it should have been left. I was so mad at this point. I asked him if he noticed the disability sticker on the stroller which made it a wheelchair – and pointed out the CM who instructed me to leave it there. I then told him he could go get it and bring it to me because I wasn’t carrying my daughter around to search for it.

He looked horrified and ran off to find it. Luckily he came back in a few minutes with it and apologized. I felt a little bad – I don’t think I would have reacted so grumpy if it wasn’t for our last day craziness that was driving me insane. He offered me an extra FP if I went to Guest Services, but I told him it wasn’t necessary and I thanked him for getting it for us.

:eek::eek: Pictures or not I cannot believe the man and the horse! I'm horrified. Hopefully we will run into you guys in September :D

Last edited:

Gurt

Another great TR I really regret not coming over to say hi when I saw you guys. I know what you mean about F&W verses the crowds I vowed I would never go in September again but I do wonder if the 45th contributed to the crowd levels, I think we might try spring for F&G for our 2019 trip.

Courtney6682

Thank you for finishing!!! I love, love, love reading about your trips! I love seeing Hope's progress and watching both she and Julia grow up over the past few years is so exciting! You guys are an awesome family!!! Can't wait to read your next one!

xoxo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom