Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

dizfan917

It was fun getting to meet you all as well.

Seeing your family have such an amazing time at WDW is truly heartwarming. It's really exciting to see Hope's continued comfort with the world around her. You guys are all super cool!!

I hope you have another amazing (and much COOLER) trip in September. I'll be watching! :D

Figment Forever

Original Poster
OMG--GREAT TR !!!

So much to comment on from your most recent posts here, but I have to say--is it a "thing" now that some (jerk) adults are getting their jollies, by pushing little kids out of the way, so that they (the adults) can have whatever horse THEY want on the carousel??!!! What in God's name is the matter with people??!!! :eek:

The mad dash to ME, and the mayhem surrounding the shuttle late at night, were amusing to read. But I can only imagine the anxiety you experienced through all the drama!! Yikes.

But my most favorite quote of yours through all of your adventures is this one: "I realized how much I love my husband, based on the fact that I didn't kill him during this trip." :hilarious: (You know, you'll all look back on this trip, years from now, and realize just what an awesome time you all had, and what a wonderful family you have.)

Thanks for sharing all the fun with us! :)

Thanks so much! I made a promise to myself NOT to have the last day craziness anymore - we'll see how that plays out...

Figment Forever

Original Poster
So happy you were able to finish your report! I very much enjoyed it, as always. :) It's funny you mentioned being able to spend a day in MK just taking in all of the details without even riding anything... I've been considering doing just that once all of the move craziness dies down! There's so much to see that is easily overlooked in the hustle and bustle of typical park touring. I'm fortunate to now have the opportunity to really slow down and appreciate the parks and their details. :inlove:

I'm so excited that you're returning in September! I would love to bump into you guys.. I feel as if I know you and have watched Hope and Julia grow up through your reports. :)

Thanks for following along and CONGRATULATIONS on your move! It would be awesome to meet you in September! (It would be even better if I could convince Ross to move to Florida.) :rolleyes:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
As much as I've read your trip reports I keep telling myself I should be commenting on them so here I am...your reports are so enjoyable to read...your children are beautiful & I especially love to see Hope willing to take on new things every year!! I will be there in late September-not sure if you'll be there then-but I'll definitely keep my eye out for you!

Thanks for reading and commenting!! We will be there earlier in September - when are you going? I hope to start a pre-trip soon...

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I loved reading this report! You have such a beautiful family and I'm so happy you had such a great trip! Congrats to Julia on her Graduation and I think it's so awesome that Hope was so brave in trying so many new things with you guys. I can't wait to follow along with your PTR and see all the fun things you'll be doing next time! :cat:

Thanks so much for following along with our adventures and your kind words! I hope to have a pre-trip starting soon!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
:eek::eek: Pictures or not I cannot believe the man and the horse! I'm horrified. Hopefully we will run into you guys in September :D

I am just glad Hope didn't care what horse she rode! I think we are going to be there at the same time - so hopefully we will bump into each other! Thanks for reading!!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Another great TR I really regret not coming over to say hi when I saw you guys. I know what you mean about F&W verses the crowds I vowed I would never go in September again but I do wonder if the 45th contributed to the crowd levels, I think we might try spring for F&G for our 2019 trip.

I so wish we could have said "hi" in person! It's amazing how Septembers in Disney have changed over the years. I would love to see F&G one day! Thanks so much for reading and following along!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Thank you for finishing!!! I love, love, love reading about your trips! I love seeing Hope's progress and watching both she and Julia grow up over the past few years is so exciting! You guys are an awesome family!!! Can't wait to read your next one!

xoxo

Thanks for following along the whole 10 months! lol I look forward to your TRs as well and appreciate your kind words. They mean a lot to us. Hoping to get a pre-trip going real soon!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
I'm finally caught up! So happy you finished your report....the last day (and your final thoughts) made me LOL several times (though not funny for you at the time!) You have such a sweet family and I look forward to reading about your upcoming adventures. :happy:

Thanks so much! It's nice to read the last day's events now and be able to laugh... but at the time - not so much!! Maybe we will cross paths this year? Is there a Tuvalu trip planned for September?

Figment Forever

Original Poster
That last day sounds like it was really frantic and stressful! I would have had so much anxiety sitting at Casey's with a ME to catch, but you made it, and that hot dog looked amazing!!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us!!

It was insane - I swore I would never do a park on our last day again! We'll see how that goes...:rolleyes: Thanks so much for reading and following along!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
It was fun getting to meet you all as well.

Seeing your family have such an amazing time at WDW is truly heartwarming. It's really exciting to see Hope's continued comfort with the world around her. You guys are all super cool!!

I hope you have another amazing (and much COOLER) trip in September. I'll be watching! :D

Thanks so much for following along and adding excitement to my TR! How you enjoy your trip later in the year!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom