POP Century

rwcrazy

My family and I will be going down in early October, Does anyone have any kind of map for Pop Century? I really don't want to pay for the preferred rooms if I can get in a building close to the front. I guess I am looking for some kind of layout with the buildings on them so I can let reservations know..
Thanks
Rwcrazy

careship

Question

Which are the preferred buildings? I want as close to the front without being in the preferred....our son has asthma and just had surgery on his foot. Hey say hello to rwcrazy...it's my hubby!!!

Upvote 0

Coree

careship said:
Which are the preferred buildings? I want as close to the front without being in the preferred....our son has asthma and just had surgery on his foot. Hey say hello to rwcrazy...it's my hubby!!!

The preferred buildings are the 60s' They are right by the Hippy Dippy pool and the main hall. If you plan on taking a bus, they're nice and close because you just go through the main lobby and out to the bus. However, if you are taking a car and will be driving they really aren't the closest. It was quite a trek to the parking lot from our room.

Upvote 0

careship

Coree said:
The preferred buildings are the 60s' They are right by the Hippy Dippy pool and the main hall. If you plan on taking a bus, they're nice and close because you just go through the main lobby and out to the bus. However, if you are taking a car and will be driving they really aren't the closest. It was quite a trek to the parking lot from our room.

Thank you so much, that helps us out alot. Looking at the map I can see a few other places that will be just as good for my son.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

The 70's are a good place to stay. You've got a parking lot close, close to buses, food court, split between two pools, and you've got twister boards in the courtyard.

Personally, my favorites are bldg. 6 and 3 (on the lakeside, upper floor).

Upvote 0

Woody13

careship said:
Thanks for the map...that was wonderful just what we were looking for. Why do you say stay in the 70's? Is that where you were?

We stayed in the 70's "A" building on our first visit and the 50's "C" building during our second visit.

I agree completely with TURKEY'S post above ^^^. :wave:

We found these buildings to be close to everything and the noise level was low. We dislike having a room close to a pool because of the loud noise late at night.

Upvote 0

Nicole

See if you can't get a copy of The Unofficial Guide to WDW. They have detailed information about all the WDW resorts, along with their suggestions as to which rooms/buildings are the best to request and why. You should be able to find the book at any major bookstore.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Yes, our group of 12 just got back from a great stay at Pop. 70's Bldg #1, not far from anything, yet it was quiet. We had 2 children w/asthma, one grandma w/congestive heart failure, and 1 child w/special needs. We had no problems at all!

Well actually the only problem we had was not being able to use our room cards to charge purchases. But that was a problem caused by the booking agent doing our Grand Gatherings...they put all 3 rooms under my name so all 12 cards had my name on them..got a bit trickey the first night, but then we went to the front desk and they marked them w/ a permanant marker to make it much easier!

Upvote 0

KSdisneydad

We just returned from two weeks at Pop Century and loved it. We liked it a lot better than the All-Stars.

We were in the 50's Building 1 and enjoyed it. It was quiet and close to the main hall. Furthermore, when it rained there was very little walking without protection. You could leave the main hall and be covered by where the luggage area is. You only had to walk a few yards uncovered before getting to the 50's Building 1. Therefore, it was extremely close to the main building -- probably closer than any other building including the 60's.

It's also close to the parking lot (if you could find an open space -- parking was our only complaint about this resort).

Upvote 0
I would recommend any building BUT the 80's and 90's. These are the farthest from the main building, they are the loudest, and the parking for these rooms is very far from the buildings themselves.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Parking for Bldg 8 and 9 are closer to parking than building 3, 6, and 7. Bldg. 9 isn't that far from the main building if you go around by the parking lot. Very comperable to Bldg 2. It's actually hard to run out of parking for those buildings, unlike the 50's, 60's, and 70s.

If you want a pool, I would recommend the 80's or 90's because that pool is usually the least crowded of the 3.

Upvote 0

nicholas

flyersmv said:
hey wuts every1s favorite part of PC (60's, 70's etc) not on location but with what they are like inside, themeing etc?
hey wuts every1s favorite part of PC (60's, 70's etc) not on location but with what they are like inside, themeing etc?

I would have to say 50's or 60's. Just because of the bowling pins and yo-yos. Now those are fun stairwells :)

Upvote 0

MrPodar

flyersmv said:
I like the 80s because the of the Rubik's Cubes. They look so cool lit up at night.

Here's a link to one of the pictures I took of them:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=9988&size=big&password=fbf924d1279d120e565a09995eab26bf&sort=1&cat=3106 - Rubik's Cubes

However, the bowling pins (50's) where I stayed look really cool at night too:

http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=9987&password=fbf924d1279d120e565a09995eab26bf&sort=1&cat=3106 - Bowling Pins

It's really a neat looking resort at night. :)

- Skip :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom