POP Century

rwcrazy

My family and I will be going down in early October, Does anyone have any kind of map for Pop Century? I really don't want to pay for the preferred rooms if I can get in a building close to the front. I guess I am looking for some kind of layout with the buildings on them so I can let reservations know..
Thanks
Rwcrazy

ToTBellHop

I am pretty sure I heard they want Legendary to open by next summer due to the overwhelming response Classic has received...perhaps not...just what I heard, though.

Upvote 0

AEfx

I've gone blind staring at the map trying to figure this out, but what is the best place if I want to be absolutely closest to the bus stop? The map I have is pretty low res, and I can't tell exactly where it is. I don't care about noise (I'm a heavy sleeper, and I go to bed late/get up early anyway), parking lot access (I'll only have a car briefly while I am there), or view - just the quickest route to the bus.

Thanks for any advice guys!

AEfx

Upvote 0

TURKEY

AEfx said:
I've gone blind staring at the map trying to figure this out, but what is the best place if I want to be absolutely closest to the bus stop? The map I have is pretty low res, and I can't tell exactly where it is. I don't care about noise (I'm a heavy sleeper, and I go to bed late/get up early anyway), parking lot access (I'll only have a car briefly while I am there), or view - just the quickest route to the bus.

AEfx

Buildings 4 and 5 (preferred) and bldg. 10 is closest to the buses. Bldg. 1, 3, and 6 aren't much further than those buildings.

FYI...the bus stop is in front of the main building, between the building and check in parking.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The CM's that I talked to when we stayed at Pop all said that there was no timetable for the Legendary Years. Or, if there was a timetable for their completion, it hadn't been shared.

Closest to the bus stop.... don't go with the 50's. ;)

Upvote 0

Woody13

AEfx said:

AEfx
Unfortunately, the map of the POP that is given to the public does not list the buildings by number. However, the CM's all refer to the buildings by number 1 thru 10.

1. 50's A
2. 50's B
3. 50's C
4. 60's A
5. 60's B
6. 70's A
7. 80's A
8. 90's A
9. 80's B
10. 70's B

So, in translation, here's what Turkey said: "Buildings 4 and 5 (60's A and 60's B) (preferred) and bldg. 10 (70's B) is closest to the buses. Bldg. 1, 3, and 6 (50's A, 50's C and 70's A) aren't much further than those buildings."

Hope this helps you read the map AEfx! :wave:

Upvote 0

WDWScottieBoy

I've got reservations for next month at PC. I was told to get a room in the 80's building because it is quiet and has a pool that people don't use as much as the others. What my question is, is it far from the main building/bus stop/food court? I don't want to have to walk all around the resort in the morning and night when I will be walking all day in the parks. I've also been told that if I want to upgrade to POR I can do that and it would only cost me $250 (that's for two rooms total). I want to know is it worth staying at PC in the 80's building and have to suffer with the walking and distance or should i take the offer to get a nicer room at a nicer resort for such a cheap price. There are 5 people including myself that will be going and money isn't an issue at all. PLEASE, someone, let me know what I should do. Either PM me or respond on here. Thanks.

Upvote 0

AEfx

Woody13 said:

So, in translation, here's what Turkey said:

Hehe, thanks to BOTH of you, for the info and the translation. :) Makes my map make a lot more sense now.

I'm really thinking like 50's C is the way to go because of proximity and view - so here's my next question for you Pop Century experts :) - what room numbers are on the lake-side in 50's C (building 3)? As in, if I were faxing in a room request, would I say "lake-view" or be better off asking for a specific set of numbers (higher floor the better, of course).

I know the place is always busy and everyone probably wants to be in the same place - but I'd really like to know what to ask for if it is available.

Thanks again!

AEfx

Upvote 0

TURKEY

AEfx said:
Hehe, thanks to BOTH of you, for the info and the translation. :) Makes my map make a lot more sense now.

I'm really thinking like 50's C is the way to go because of proximity and view - so here's my next question for you Pop Century experts :) - what room numbers are on the lake-side in 50's C (building 3)? As in, if I were faxing in a room request, would I say "lake-view" or be better off asking for a specific set of numbers (higher floor the better, of course).

I know the place is always busy and everyone probably wants to be in the same place - but I'd really like to know what to ask for if it is available.

Thanks again!

AEfx

If you fax in requests, ask for a lake view in either building 3 (50's c) or building 6 (70's a). When you arrive to check-in (the earlier the better for more choices of rooms), mention that you want a lake view in the buildings above as well.

If you have a floor preference (I'd rather be on 3 or 4), send that as well as mention it at check in.

Upvote 0

WDWScottieBoy

Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas of what I should do (see post 2 up from here). I'm really stuck in a situation that I don't know what to do about it. Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks. :confused:

Upvote 0

Invero

WDWScottieBoy said:
Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas of what I should do (see post 2 up from here). I'm really stuck in a situation that I don't know what to do about it. Any and all help would be appreciated, thanks. :confused:

Check out the last few pics at the bottom of this page to give you an idea of how far the 70s/80s/90s buildings are. How far they are to you is all relative though. I've had guests tell me that they're not far at all, by any means... and then I've had guests where unless the walk out thier door and right onto the bus, it's too far. *Shrug*

http://www.fricknfrack.net/pop/pop2.html

Upvote 0

careship

Thanks alot for the wonderful pictures....That really puts it into perspective. Do you have any other PC pictures? Would love to see them as well. I heard (yes gossip) that the computer pool is the worst because it is very buggy at night. Is there any truth to that? Also, I didn't see anything thrilling in the big pool. Is there? Even at AllStars there are cool fountains etc at the big pool. I just think the place looks so huge especially with the 3 pools etc. Is PC much bigger then the AllStars? It looks like I could get lost there.

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
AEfx said:

Thanks again!

AEfx

Well, we had second floor rooms, lake view, 50's "C" building, 322x were the room numbers. I must say, we were stunned at our view - walk out the door, look out, water. Look right.... there's Spaceship Earth. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

WDWScottieBoy

Thank you to Nicholas and Invero. I just got off the phone with my friend that works at the GF and he told me that it's all in the eyes of the guest. I can see by those two sites that the 80's building is not far from the bus stops or the lobby by any means. I'm staying at PC for sure now thanks to those pictures. If there is anything else you can tell me about the 80's building, the pool outside of it or anything else I'd appreciate that too.

Upvote 0

nicholas

I'm not as familiar with the 80s and I am with the 50s, since that is where my room was when I stayed the first time. The second time was 70s and I didn't even check in to the resort until about midnight and checked out the next morning at 8am, so didn't spend much time at the resort at all.

I walked by the 80s pool briefly though, and while not an exciting shape (it's just a square) it did seem slightly less crowded than the other two. The time of day (late evening) might have played a part in that though.

I personally adore POP and am excited to be there again this Sept. Made my reservations a few days ago!

Upvote 0

Invero

careship said:
Thanks alot for the wonderful pictures....That really puts it into perspective. Do you have any other PC pictures? Would love to see them as well. I heard (yes gossip) that the computer pool is the worst because it is very buggy at night. Is there any truth to that? Also, I didn't see anything thrilling in the big pool. Is there? Even at AllStars there are cool fountains etc at the big pool. I just think the place looks so huge especially with the 3 pools etc. Is PC much bigger then the AllStars? It looks like I could get lost there.

There were two pages of pictures there... I sent you the link for page 2, but there was a link to page 1 at the bottom. Hopefully you saw that. :)

As for bugs... if you're thinking of the same reports as I, they came during "Love Bug" season. Love Bug season happens twice a year, and usually lasts 1-2 weeks. During that time, the Orlando area is just FLOODED with Love Bugs, everywhere you go. There's really nothing Disney can do about them. And of course, during that time, the pools will get love bugs in them.

The Hippie Dippie pool has petal fountains, that spray water into the pool.

Upvote 0

Invero

WDWScottieBoy said:
Thank you to Nicholas and Invero. I just got off the phone with my friend that works at the GF and he told me that it's all in the eyes of the guest. I can see by those two sites that the 80's building is not far from the bus stops or the lobby by any means. I'm staying at PC for sure now thanks to those pictures. If there is anything else you can tell me about the 80's building, the pool outside of it or anything else I'd appreciate that too.
Here's another site with aerial pics:
http://disneypix.com/2000ft/AerialResorts.htm

Upvote 0

AEfx

HauntedPirate said:
Well, we had second floor rooms, lake view, 50's "C" building, 322x were the room numbers. I must say, we were stunned at our view - walk out the door, look out, water. Look right.... there's Spaceship Earth. :sohappy:

Wow, first, thanks for all the links and info to everyone - been very helpful!

I think HauntedPirate has me convinced - I didn't know that you could see SE from Pop Century, so it looks like it's 50's C, Lakeview for me. :)

Again, thanks to everyone - I can't wait!

AEfx

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom