POP Century

rwcrazy

My family and I will be going down in early October, Does anyone have any kind of map for Pop Century? I really don't want to pay for the preferred rooms if I can get in a building close to the front. I guess I am looking for some kind of layout with the buildings on them so I can let reservations know..
Thanks
Rwcrazy

brisem

rwcrazy said:
My family and I will be going down in early October, Does anyone have any kind of map for Pop Century? I really don't want to pay for the preferred rooms if I can get in a building close to the front. I guess I am looking for some kind of layout with the buildings on them so I can let reservations know..
Thanks
Rwcrazy
In April, we stayed in blg 6(the 70's) facing the lake. Great location to everything except parking lot.

Upvote 0

Woody13

brisem said:
In April, we stayed in blg 6(the 70's) facing the lake. Great location to everything except parking lot.
Yes!:) After my first stay there, I bought my own roller luggage. Never will I carry a bag again!:animwink:

Upvote 0

imamouse

brisem said:

How did you manage this? Did you give this bldg/location to the CM in reservations as your preference (and it was honored)? Or, was it luck?

I ask because this is exactly where I want to stay in Oct, but haven't made my reservation yet, so please share your secret for getting the location you want with me. :king: Thanks!

Upvote 0

TURKEY

imamouse said:
How did you manage this? Did you give this bldg/location to the CM in reservations as your preference (and it was honored)? Or, was it luck?

I ask because this is exactly where I want to stay in Oct, but haven't made my reservation yet, so please share your secret for getting the location you want with me. :king: Thanks!

During October, crowds won't be as high. You can tell the reservation agent, fax your requests in. When you check in, mention you want something with a lake view (either Bldg 3 or 6 are the best).

You can also get preferred rooms with a pretty good lake view that are quiet.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

MsSnuzi said:
This thread has been very helpful - we are thinking of going in December - do these rooms book up fast?

What time are you looking at going in December?

For the week before/Christmas/New Year's, I would go ahead and book now.

For earlier in the month, I would go ahead and make reservations soon as you know your dates, then if any discounts come out you can apply them to the reservation.

Upvote 0

imamouse

TURKEY said:
During October, crowds won't be as high. You can tell the reservation agent, fax your requests in. When you check in, mention you want something with a lake view (either Bldg 3 or 6 are the best).

You can also get preferred rooms with a pretty good lake view that are quiet.

Thanks, Turkey. I agree that October is a great time to visit WDW. I will be certain to fax my bldg/location request prior to arrival (I need to make the reservation first :D ). Preesh :wave:

Upvote 0

brisem

imamouse said:

About a week before arriving, I faxed to the hotel a letter stating that I would prefer to be in blg 6 4th floor. When we arrived the reservations were for room 6416. So I was luck enough to get what I asked for. There's no guarantee though.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

For folks planning to stay at Pop, note that even in the relatively slow season this year, it has been at 90% occupancy during the weeks and full to capacity on weekends. Needless to say, this is a VERY popular resort, which is why Disney has put construction on Phase 2 into high gear, with Legendary Years opening by summer 2005. Make your reservations as soon as you can, especially if you are going around any holidays.

We stayed in the 1960s last month and loved this resort--great food court, great bussing system (although it will take a while to get back after fireworks), great theming...and the music...there was not a song they played that I don't love! The best music from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s :) Enjoy your adventure!

Upvote 0

careship

ISTCNavigator57 said:
For folks planning to stay at Pop, note that even in the relatively slow season this year, it has been at 90% occupancy during the weeks and full to capacity on weekends. Needless to say, this is a VERY popular resort, which is why Disney has put construction on Phase 2 into high gear, with Legendary Years opening by summer 2005. Make your reservations as soon as you can, especially if you are going around any holidays.

We stayed in the 1960s last month and loved this resort--great food court, great bussing system (although it will take a while to get back after fireworks), great theming...and the music...there was not a song they played that I don't love! The best music from the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s :) Enjoy your adventure!

I figured it would be really busy because it's the newest resort and a value one at that. I'll be there the first week of October. I am trying to come up with the cash for an AP for my hubby, then maybe we can hit some AP rates. I just keep trying to see if ordering from disney online or buying at the disney store iare my only options. Boy, wish I could get that discounted.

Upvote 0

brisem

careship said:
I figured it would be really busy because it's the newest resort and a value one at that. I'll be there the first week of October. I am trying to come up with the cash for an AP for my hubby, then maybe we can hit some AP rates. I just keep trying to see if ordering from disney online or buying at the disney store iare my only options. Boy, wish I could get that discounted.

What is AP???

Upvote 0

Invero

ISTCNavigator57 said:
which is why Disney has put construction on Phase 2 into high gear, with Legendary Years opening by summer 2005.

High Gear? Well, maybe high gear for a snail. As far as I know, there is no official word for resuming construction.

Upvote 0

Woody13

Invero said:
High Gear? Well, maybe high gear for a snail. As far as I know, there is no official word for resuming construction.
That is correct. They still haven't decided upon the various design changes (i.e. parking lots, grounds, security, etc.).

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The two or three buildings that are there look like they've been just sitting for months.

We had a lake view in the 50's "C" building when we were there in early May. Hands down the <bold>BEST</bold> view we've ever had at all our stays.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

I did have to add, that it made me feel really old staying there. I am 32 now, but when my 14 yr old nephew asked "what's that mean?" and I said "what's what mean?" and he said "That, where it say's "Whats your handle"..boy did I feel old, while my husband and my brother tried to explain that popular phenomenon known as CB's...my 8yr old asked why we didn't just use cell phones. Now I am searching for a copy of that old country song "convoy"

Upvote 0

TURKEY

HauntedPirate said:
The two or three buildings that are there look like they've been just sitting for months.

We had a lake view in the 50's "C" building when we were there in early May. Hands down the <bold>BEST</bold> view we've ever had at all our stays.

They've been sitting longer than that.

The most action that area has seen is when they used the Legendary Years parking lot for a convention that was nearby.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom