Pop Century Question...

JustInTime

Ok. I remember when I was staying in the all-star resorts back in 2008 and they were redoing all the rooms. When I went back in 2009, there were completed. Instead of the tacky water colored sports/movies/music themes, they are now themed with classic Mickey colors. They look so nice. So, that leads me to my point. How are the rooms at POP? I am staying there for the first time in November. Pictures would be great. :wave:

CoastalX

We have stayed at Pop Century 3 times since it has opened and are staying there in December. Of the value resorts, I think it is the nicer of the 4.

Upvote 0

JustInTime

Original Poster
Upvote 0

erstwo

We are going in December, what is the current ratio of refurbed to not refurbed rooms? When is it expected to complete?

Hey! :wave: We are going in December too! Our group is 14 strong, so......

When we were in WDW a month ago, I went by Pop to take some pictures for those in our group who haven't been to WDW yet. They were refurbing the 50's section. I have at least one picture. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I also spoke to the ladies in the gift shop about it and they said that they were told all the refurbs would be done by October (but this may be like asking a bus driver? :shrug: :lol:)

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

We were there 3 weeks ago and the refurbished rooms were indeed very nicely redone. Beds were comfortable, carpet was new and still had that "spring" to it, and the addition of the curtains for the bathroom area helped for early risers who didn't want to wake up the others.

Upvote 0

jonnyc

My Sister and I have just booked at the Pop in September for 10 days, very excited!

Just one question: Does the Pop share a bus with anyone?

Upvote 0

LisaB08

Love Pop Century

My husband and I have stayed here at least 10 times. In fact, we are booked for October for a week. We like the Pop Century the best out of the four value resorts. We like the fact that you DON'T share a bus with any other resort and they have an awesome foodcourt. If you don't have a car, try and get a room closer to the lobby, foodcourt, and pool. We've only had one bad experience there. The first time we stayed there, we had a room on the 4th floor. We left early in the morning and came back after midnight only to have had our room left open that entire time. Housekeeping had taken the inside latch to prop the door open and forgot to close it. When we talked with the manager his answer was, well you should be good nothing was stolen. Other than that problem, it's been great.

Upvote 0

JustInTime

Original Poster
My husband and I have stayed here at least 10 times. In fact, we are booked for October for a week. We like the Pop Century the best out of the four value resorts. We like the fact that you DON'T share a bus with any other resort and they have an awesome foodcourt. If you don't have a car, try and get a room closer to the lobby, foodcourt, and pool. We've only had one bad experience there. The first time we stayed there, we had a room on the 4th floor. We left early in the morning and came back after midnight only to have had our room left open that entire time. Housekeeping had taken the inside latch to prop the door open and forgot to close it. When we talked with the manager his answer was, well you should be good nothing was stolen. Other than that problem, it's been great.

Wow. That is pretty bad. Hope Alice left you lots of towel animals that week! :eek:

Upvote 0

tiaragirl

Ouu, Pop! It's a family favourite =) Here are some pictures I took on our trip in May.. we were in the 90s! The rooms were great.

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1162.jpg

Upvote 0

MagicMegan

I love POP. It's not really THAT FAR of a walk to the lobby from any of the buildings. I stayed in the furthest one to the right after going out the back of the lobby on the other side, and it really was not bad. Also, the bar tender is my fav CM and always remembers me... and even what I drink. [embarrassed lol]. My only problem once was that the internet wasn't working and I was in online university at the time... but it was fixed on day two and they didn't charge me for my internet for the whole stay.

Upvote 0

JustInTime

Original Poster
I am excited to stay here. It is my last value resort that I haven't done. When Animation Inn opens, we will be hitting that up! :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom