Pop Century Question...

JustInTime

Ok. I remember when I was staying in the all-star resorts back in 2008 and they were redoing all the rooms. When I went back in 2009, there were completed. Instead of the tacky water colored sports/movies/music themes, they are now themed with classic Mickey colors. They look so nice. So, that leads me to my point. How are the rooms at POP? I am staying there for the first time in November. Pictures would be great. :wave:

JustInTime

Original Poster
Do they leave towel animals at the value resorts? We stayed at POP last year and never got one!

I got 4 at All Star Music last year. And I have gotten them at Sports before too (not at Movies, oddly). So, yes! It's seems like the more you tip, the more you get! You can also leave notes asking with a tip as well. :)

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

We stayed at the Pop 10 days ago and we loved it. Especially the air conditioning is the most silent we experienced during our entire vacation. At the moment I am writing from the last hotel of our stay, the Fontainebleau in Miami Beach and the air conditioning is MUCH louder than the one in the Pop. And the air conditioning in the Polynesian (we stayed there for 5 nights after 6 nights at the Pop) was much louder although it is a deluxe resort! At first I thought that it was malfunctioning because it was so loud. We loved the Pop, its really an opportunity to do a disney vacation at reasonable prices. And bus service to the parks was really good! WE never had a wait of more than 15 minutes.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Tour groups such as the Brazillians and Pop Warner kids stay at POR and Sports some. Not POP or Music and they the POP kids are not wild during that time. We have been at all of them during their stays in Dec and never encountered any rowdyness. There is nothing wrong nor cheap about POP or the All stars. To me they are more Disney themed than the Mods or Deluxe. After all Disney is all about the theming of all those 4 resorts.Paying 150-350.00 a night does not mean it is better. It means those people are smarter with their money and can spend more on other things. Including the nicer food establishments.

Upvote 0

mike10

Tour groups such as the Brazillians and Pop Warner kids stay at POR and Sports some. Not POP or Music and they the POP kids are not wild during that time. We have been at all of them during their stays in Dec and never encountered any rowdyness. There is nothing wrong nor cheap about POP or the All stars. To me they are more Disney themed than the Mods or Deluxe. After all Disney is all about the theming of all those 4 resorts.Paying 150-350.00 a night does not mean it is better. It means those people are smarter with their money and can spend more on other things. Including the nicer food establishments.

I think the only Deluxe that has a somewhat Disney theme is the Animal Kingdom Lodge IF you get the view of the Savanna view. I mean to wake up and just look out your windows to see a Giraffe or another animal roaming your "backyard" is just as much Disney. At least this is my opinion others my vary.

I had a bad experience at POP so I only stay there when I HAVE to other than that I try to look for other resorts. Again this is only my experience many enjoy the POP and would go there time and time again like many have stated on this thread.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom