Pop Century Question....

WDWmazprty

Ok, so we're staying in Pop Century in September, but don't know if we should leave it up to chnace as to what building we stay in or request a certain building to stay in. I had always heard the 60's building was the best for bus access. Anyone have any thoughts on this??? :wave:

Mystic

It all depends on if you are staying in a preferred room or not. You won't get a room close to the buses if you are in a standard room because rooms that are close to the main pool, Classic Hall and the buses are all preferred rooms and are a separate room category.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

If you want to stay in the 60s, you have to reserve a "preferred" room--any of the rooms close to Classic Hall and the busses are "preferred" and cost more. That said, this is actually a reasonably compact resort and the walk to Classic Hall is never really more than 5 minutes (and some of the further buildings, like the 90s, have shortcuts to the bus loop anyway).

Upvote 0

TxStateMouse

If I can remember correctly from my stay there, we stayed the the 1970's section. You may be able to land a room that is closer to the lobby, rather than near the parking lots. This section was close to the lobby, food court, and bus stop. It did not have a pool (60's section has a pool) so it was really quiet but close enough to walk to the pool. According to the map, the 80's and 90's seem farthest away from the food court and lobby. Check out this link and the map. The theme carried throughout the hotel is just great!

http://www.kingdom-travel.com/Walt_Disney_World_Resorts/Disney_Pop_Century_Resort.shtml

Upvote 0

Princess Clayre

As mentioned before you would need a preferred room to be in the 60's block, however we have stayed in both the 50 and far side of eighties and were still only 10 mins from the bus stop.

If you are in a preferred room then the 70's block it offers both convenience to the lobby/food court/bus stops but with the added benefit on being slightly quieter than the 60's block as there is no pool in the 70's block. The first few rooms of this block are preferred and are the first few of the 50's block.

Disney will rarely guarantee your room however so don't get your hopes up too much.

Have fun:wave:

Upvote 0

krankenstein

The preferred rooms are scattered among the 50's, 60's and 70's but all those sections have standard rooms too. I've stayed in the 70's twice both buildings (#0 & #6), 50's building #1 and the 90's building #8. Of all those, I found 70's building #0 to be the best (it is the building that has the huge Big Wheel). I found it to be a short walk to the main building and the fact that it does not have a pool made the section quieter.

Upvote 0

smk

We stayed at POP in October, the 60's building, preferred room. Our friends stayed in the backside of the 60's building, non preferred room. We were both just as close to the food court and buses only we paid more for our room and had a king bed :rolleyes:. Honestly, if the weather is nice and in September the weather is great (minus a hurricane) I would go with the cheaper of the rooms and walk a few more minutes to get to the buses and meals. These days every dollar counts!

Upvote 0

Rob562

The preferred rooms are scattered among the 50's, 60's and 70's but all those sections have standard rooms too. I've stayed in the 70's twice both buildings (#0 & #6), 50's building #1 and the 90's building #8. Of all those, I found 70's building #0 to be the best (it is the building that has the huge Big Wheel). I found it to be a short walk to the main building and the fact that it does not have a pool made the section quieter.

You are correct both that not all Prefered rooms are in the 60's buildings, and that there are some non-Prefered 1960's rooms.

Here's a map that I often reference when this discussion comes up:
http://willcad.org/disney_maps.shtml#values
The map to the bottom right has been marked with the sections of the buildings that have the Preferred rooms.

50% of the Prefered rooms are in 1960's, the other 50% are spread among the 50's and 70's.
Only 2/3 of the 60's buildings are Prefered rooms.

In my own opinion, Building 10 has the best of everything, even if you have a non-Prefered room. It's equidistant to two pools and it's a very short walk to the food court and bus stops. That's why it's our first request when we stay there in June. (Buildings 9 and 6 are our backups)

On my first stay in Pop, we were in Building 7 in the wing that points toward the lake. It was actually faster for us to walk along the backside of Building 10 than it was to follow the signs pointing out the way to the food court (which makes you go to the main pathway along the lake, and then walk through the 1970's courtyard)

-Rob

Upvote 0

BuddhasHomeGirl

I never found the preferred rooms to be worth the extra money, the people 2 doors down from us were in what was considered a "preferred room" and they were only 2 rooms closer that we were. :lol:

Upvote 0

C.M.O

We stayed in the 50's section in a standard room and I don't remember ever thinking I wish this was closer. It wasn't that bad of a walk to the buses. ??

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

We have stayed in the 50's section twice & it was pretty quiet.
However, we did like to 90's pool...the 50's pool is more crowded & the 60's pool is usually the most crowded.

:wave:

Upvote 0

eroyee

None of the rooms at POP are far to walk anywhere. the 80's and 90's bldgs. you can cut across the parking lot. spend your money on souveneirs or something like that.

Upvote 0

ms7479a

When we stayed at Pop in December we had a standard room. When checking in we asked for something centrally located. We ended up in the 70s section, room 0101 (right next to the big wheel). The room's location was perfect. It was only about a 2 minute walk to the food court and just a little longer to get to the bus stops.

Upvote 0

wdwCC

Ok, so we're staying in Pop Century in September, but don't know if we should leave it up to chnace as to what building we stay in or request a certain building to stay in. I had always heard the 60's building was the best for bus access. Anyone have any thoughts on this??? :wave:

I can verify the 60's building being quick to the food court and the bus stops, we did have a preferred room though. After a long day in the parks, a short walk back to the room was nice.

Upvote 0

imamouse

I always requests the 70s blgs. I'm sensitive to noise, so I don't want to be near a pool. Plus, with the big wheel blg, you're very close to the food court and the bus stops (go out the back and follow the sidewalk around). The back of the Micky phone blg is super quiet and has a nice view of the lake (just don't look too far or you'll see the empty phase 2 blgs). Enjoy your stay!

Upvote 0

Katherine

I was just there in December and we stayed in the 80"s section on the farside facing the 70's parking lot/the lake and it was sometimes a longer walk but it wasn't bad. If I were you I'd try for a room in the eighties on the side closer to the main building. It's a very quick walk to the bus stops if you cut through the parking lot. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom