Pop Century- An Opinion Has Changed

919Florida

I think Pop Century look okay. It is great for people who want to be on site but can not afford the other places. I think the place look lively.:animwink:

pheneix

Original Poster
>>>So pheneix just dont stay there, like Disney cares anyways.<<<

So, when is everyone here gonna realize that the first post in this thread was written in jest?

pheneix

Original Poster
The rests of the posts in this thread? No, they were arguments that I laid out to discuss. If I am going to criticize something, I'll do it rationally like the rest of my posts here, and not the joke that I started out with.

WDWspider

Originally posted by CommunicoreBabe
I like the lok of the POP Century, its uber-trash, kind of like the excessive 80's. Reminds me of my teens, the teased hair,
guess jeans with holes, etc. :D

What an Avatar, you must be a wild one CommunicoreBabe.:lol:

My opinion of Pop Century has gone down, I use to think I would like it. The All Stars seem somehow more correct with the oversized items to me. I do like the giant Disney characters that represent each decade, and some of the items, but the phrases and accents look awful.

dmspilot00

It is all subjective. I hate the All-Stars but I think some areas of the Pop Century aren't too bad. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is ugly to everyone. I'm sure plenty of people will like it just as they have the All-Stars. I can imagine many people (parents) who would like staying in a resort themed to the era in which they grew up.

MKCustodial

I've said this once and I'm saying it again: they're using Lady and the Tramp and Mowgli and Baloo on the freaking hotel!!! Heck yeah I'm gonna stay there! I'm pretty sure that's where I'll be staying on all my Disney vacations from now on (except for my future dram honeymoon, which will be in Wilderness Lodge. You gotta spend it once, right? :D )

The All-Stars and PC are the only Disney resorts that are actually Disney, in my opinion, because they're the only ones with the characters and that great and magical Disney feel.

JLW11Hi

I would like to see what the 30's will look like.

My favorite All Stars is the Movie resort. I love the little pool with Sorcerer Mickey shooting water at you.

The All Stars are nice because they are the most inexpensive on the property, and you get the benefits if you get a package. I think getting a package is important to me because we get the length of stay ultimate park hopper pass, and we usually end up using it more than we expect to.

monorail256

I also think its cool how they are using characters.. such as someone said Lady and the Tramp. I liked the movies becuse.. well it was the movies! And this will want to make me stay there even more.. but those big words... lol

Erika

Originally posted by DDPGambit
I love the All Stars!
From someone paying his way through college, who wants to stay on property, they are great!!

Or a young couple with a hefty mortgage! :wave: :wave:

joking11

The trip next week will be my first time staying at a value resort (All-Star Movies) I think it will be a lot of fun, yes the buildings are gawdy and tacky and loud, that is why we chose it this time. In the past I have stayed in the Animal Kingdom Lodge and at Coronado and Caribbean a couple of times. I think the Pop Resort is just exactly what was planned and needed. And as someone else stated, it is not where I will spend my honeymoon but for a inexpensive vaca for 8 people you can't beat it

pheneix

Original Poster
>>>the buildings are gawdy and tacky and loud<<<

That is one of my main problems with the place (other than it is outrageously overpriced). I mean, it is like they are saying, "Hey, if all you can afford is a cheap resort, then this is what you get." It IS possible to make a resort look more upscale than it really is (Royal Pacific springs into mind), and the fact that Disney made no attempt to do this disappoints me.

kamgen

joking11 - good points!

There are many people that cannot stay onsite unless they stay at a Budget resort and I am glad WDW is building another one besides the All Star. I think they are well done and fun to look at. WDW is supposed to be bigger than life and magical, and those resorts really play on that!

Sure, they are heavily themed, even cheesy, but that is what some people like about them. I for one! Now, since we always stay onsite, I cannot stand hotels without theming. Recently I have gone to some nice hotels (Crowne Plaza, Ritz, etc) and have been unhappy. Sure, they are really nice and the staff is great, but I miss the themeing. That is just me.

Instead of going on and on about how much you hate PC and AS for that matter, why don't you just do us all a favor and NOT stay there. Personally I think you are insulting many families who can only afford those options.
I am a DVC member, so we usually stay at the deluxe locations, but I find the Budget and Moderates to be fun and great for families!
And on the topic of offsite or WDW Budget???!!! WDW Budget wins hands down. If you are going on a "WDW vacation" you really should stay on property. Being on property keeps the magic going all the time. I can stay at a Days Inn at home.

JMHO.

Kamy

joking11

Thank you Kamgen

Sometimes people just want the Disney feel. My friend did not enjoy the Coronado when I recommended it, she just didn't think it had the personality of the other resorts they have stayed in (Poly, CB, Contemp, FW). And her Aunt who has stayed at the GF for 3 weeks in the past (as well as others) actually recommends the All-Stars over them if you are going to Disney just for fun and this is not a "value resort" type woman.

pheneix

Original Poster
>>>Personally I think you are insulting many families who can only afford those options.<<<

My head is spinning after that comment. Want to quit putting words into my mouth next time?

disneydudette

He never trashed the AS resorts...he can state his opinion on the PC resort....and personally......who said these resorts for just for the people who can't afford the moderate and deluxe.....

Besides.....rooms are rooms.....usually people stay at the value resorts because U NEVER SPEND TIME THERE NEWAYS! Atleast we never do.....

I just don't want to have to worry about how busy the food court is going to be....if we're going to make the first bus....I MEAN THIS IS A VACATION!

I agree on the fact that the value resorts do give off more of the Disney Theme......they really do carry out the Disney Magic....

But at the end of the day I'm tired....my feet hurt...the kids are tired.....I really don't want to be blind-sided (i think thats the right term) with giant yo-yos and tricycles......

none the less....U can never judge a book by its cover.....I'm sure alot of people said that the AS resprts would be a failure and were going to be horrible.....look now...u can barely get a room....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
My opinion of the all stars has been tainted by a good friends who stayed their last year. We were at POR at the same time, and they was really brassed off on some days. They complained the pool was mingin (sorry dirty), it was heaving with pubescent renegade teens, the food was pants and worst of all the staff were downright rude.
Thet were so dissapointed by the attitude when they copmplained that they vowed never to stayon property again. Infact they felt they had better service at hotels on International drive.

As for the price argument The magic is in the parks so just being there is the priority and does it really matter where you stay? yes the resorts are great but sometimes not practical, from either a cost or size perspective.
As my mother said how much time is spent in your room anyway?

ToTBellHop

This view: http://www.orlandorocks.com/full_ph...3).jpg&caption=pop_century_7_24_2002 (13).jpg
looks much better than anything I've seen at the All-Stars.

What was Disney thinking? Disney was thinking that all the All-Stars were making more money than the deluxe hotels because the All-Stars are usually booked, so Disney wanted to make more money so they could both make a profit and turn around that money to build more attractions for you to enjoy. So stop your , don't go to that corner of disney world and enjoy the new attractions it pays for. We can't all afford deluxe hotels everytime we go, but I think we all love disney magic which outside resorts do not offer. I would sleep in a shoebox if it were at Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom