Poor quality has come up a lot.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
WDW was so far above the cut, that fans collectively had a large store of good will and warm memories. Personally, I'd describe WDW as a mixed bag. I can simultaneously think GoG is a fun new ride, while also feeling that Splash is currently in a sad state. On my most recent visit, I assumed this might be my last opportunity to ride Splash at all.

I imagine WDW's only intent now is keeping it operational. One of the day of our visit, it was down most of the day, but WDW fixed enough to open.

Splash had long lines. To some extent, you are correct. People will still ride it almost no matter how broken it is.

Still, it was sad and a bit unsettling.
Yep agreed i rode it countless times my last trip in Aug/Sept but dam was it in bad shape but again if they plan on getting rid of this why waste any money fixing anything. Horrible look but good luck approving serious funds to fix anything. Same fate as GMR towards the end of that run… make the ride so bad it “justifies” the decision and make guests say look at how it is. They need to do something

NickMaio

The Laughing Place / pretty much everything after How Do You Do has been in shocking condition for the last few weeks. And I mean bad. I’ve never seen the ride in such poor condition.

Overall I found show to be average / below average. Space Mountain was awful. Tower as described above. Iasw was better than expected. Muppet Vision was stunning.

If the SSE ride system survives until a full overhaul I’ll be surprised.
It is really quite bad.
Even our 5 year old who rode it for the first time asked why so many figures were not moving or moving in a strange way.

It's too bad. Other rides really need some tlc.
The first room in buzz only one target moves now......cmon wdw

MickeyLuv'r

It is really quite bad.
Even our 5 year old who rode it for the first time asked why so many figures were not moving or moving in a strange way.

It's too bad. Other rides really need some tlc.
The first room in buzz only one target moves now......cmon wdw
Yeah, I really don't understand why WDW doesn't put more effort into maintaining Buzz, or even improving it a little. The concept is so much fun. On my most recent visit, one game I topped out, but the next my gun was so bad that my score was one of the bottom ranks. Truth be told, I gave up partway through. From then on I was just trying to figure out which laser was my gun. It was not only firing sideways, but the laser was also very weak, and somewhat intermittent. It reminded me of a tv remote just before the battery dies.

John park hopper

Yeah, I really don't understand why WDW doesn't put more effort into maintaining Buzz, or even improving it a little. The concept is so much fun. On my most recent visit, one game I topped out, but the next my gun was so bad that my score was one of the bottom ranks. Truth be told, I gave up partway through. From then on I was just trying to figure out which laser was my gun. It was not only firing sideways, but the laser was also very weak, and somewhat intermittent. It reminded me of a tv remote just before the battery dies.
You would expect this from a side show carnival but not Disney and people accept this I'm dumbfounded.

MickeyLuv'r

You would expect this from a side show carnival but not Disney and people accept this I'm dumbfounded.
I feel bad when i think of the ride from the perspective of a child. Little kids won't know better, but there's that age rage as depicted in Polar Express, when children know something of how of play a video game, yet WDW is still magical. They are maybe old enough to understand character costumes, but still aren't 100% sure. They get to to ride like Buzz, and they are very eager to get a high score.

That's the age group that to me seems most impacted by poor ride maintenance on Buzz. They would not think the gun was the reason they didn't get a high score, because it wouldn't occur to them, especially when WDW still has amazing things like the castle.

mysto

It was not only firing sideways, but the laser was also very weak, and somewhat intermittent. It reminded me of a tv remote just before the battery dies.

You have to clean the lens on the end of the gun, someone dropped it in their limited edition popcorn bucket with extra butter. This is really common.

DisneyFan 2000

The Laughing Place / pretty much everything after How Do You Do has been in shocking condition for the last few weeks. And I mean bad. I’ve never seen the ride in such poor condition.
Agreed.
Just finished a visit after a 5-year absence and the state of the ride was terrible. Mind you, I can’t even state half of the effects that the ride should have and still noticed enough to make me cringe at some of the sights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom