Poor quality has come up a lot.

NickMaio

Sooooooo glad I got to enjoy the Disney World Magic back in 2013,2017,2018,2019 before Big Bob Bucks took over the Mouse House... Sure miss those days of the DIsney Dining Plan, Fast Pass, ect.... Sorry folks... the Magic ain't going back they way it use to be... Thanks I'll spend my money somewhere else ....
Those days might come back......
After people are revenge vacationed out and realize how a WDW trip has become such an exercise. You never know......

We have been here for 3 weeks. Genie plus is a real pain in the . The parks are crazy busy.

Every second day is a Not so scarry day.....this just funnels tons of guests to the other parks around 5pm.

Epcot was INSANE yesterday after 5. Like MK insane.
I really wish they had less of these ticket events per week.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
I'm sorry, what am I missing?
How Do You Do:
  • First two frogs frozen
  • First goose moving very spastically
  • Jaw broken
  • Third goose on right now completely tipped over
  • Mouths on second and third geese broken
  • Lighting on goose scene out
  • Br’er Fox mouth sticking
  • Br’er Bear not moving arm
  • Br’er Rabbit barley moving
  • Mr. Bluebird moving very stiffly
  • Lights out on porcupine and racoon
  • Br’er Raccoon not moving
  • Second gardening bunny stuck turned away from shadow
  • Shadow animation out of sync w/audio
  • Br’er Fox barely moving yelling at Br’er Bear
  • Br’er Bear barly moving head/arms
  • Not raising or lowering in trap
  • Million Dollar Bunny not moving (No shock there)
  • Lights out on Br’er Frog, who’s not moving
  • Lights out on Br’er Roadrunner and possums
  • Roadrunner not moving
  • Entire tunnel before dip-drop dark
  • Br’er Fox lifting Br’er Bear moving very spastically
  • Br’er Rabbit in tree not moving
  • Audio very blown out for scene
Laughin’ Place/Burrow Lament:
  • Lights out on all the spinning beehives
  • Br’er Bear audio out
  • Br’er Bear with beehive barely shaking
  • Laughing Br’er Rabbit barely moving, mouth broken
  • Br’er Fox barely moving
  • Lights out aside from character spotlights.
  • Entire Laughin’ Place pitch black
  • Turtles not raising/lowering
  • Frogs in pitch blackness
  • Jumping water shockingly working.
  • Captured Br’er Rabbit mouth barely moving
  • Lights out on vultures
  • Br’er Fox shadow seems shrunk down like the projector wasn’t aimed/centered properly
  • Br’er Fox/Rabbit dialogue not playing
  • Br’er Bear “Briar Patch?” not playing
Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah
  • Guitar gator missing
  • The ‘headless chicken’ phenomena is back
  • Organ pig barely moving
  • Brown hen with tambourine barely moving
  • Captain Goose only lifting head up and down
  • Lights out aside from showboat lights
  • Blue can-can goose mouth frozen
  • Br’er Turkey head stuck up, body barely moving
  • Dialogue not playing
  • Br’er Toad only moving head/body lean
  • No dialogue either
  • Turkey and Toad are in close to complete darkness.
  • Br’er Fox only moving head/back lean.
  • Br’er Bear not moving back and forth
  • Br’er Gator audio playing, but Gator not moving
  • No audio over Gator attack scene.
  • Br’er Rabbit hitting knapsack next to him
  • Brer Rabbit barely moving
  • Mr. Bluebird moving very stiffly

Smiley/OCD

But see, that just shows you that if diehard Disney lovers aren’t picking that up (I know I missed a lot of those small things too), the average guest won’t notice it either which just adds more fuel to Disney’s fire that it doesn’t matter…

RobWDW1971

But see, that just shows you that if diehard Disney lovers aren’t picking that up (I know I missed a lot of those small things too), the average guest won’t notice it either which just adds more fuel to Disney’s fire that it doesn’t matter…
Josh's latest motivational speech:

8CE834BA-D8EB-49DE-BD65-CD9D1AFFCEA7.png

MickeyLuv'r

I don't know I caught all of them, but it is really hard to not notice the poor quality of the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah scene. The chicken looks creepy.

The missing water effects in the Laughing Place are also painful.

Perhaps the biggest counter-argument is that non Disney haunted mansions (regional amusement parks/state fairs) have REALLY cheesy ghoul effects. Most aren't even as good as the kind they sell in Walmart/Target/Halloween stores this time of year.

[As a curious aside, Lowe's is selling Haunted Mansion branded décor this year.]

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I totally plead guilty, lol I was on the ride in August and didn't notice 1/2 of the
It. I'm not that detailed or it maybe that it's more a "all around " type of person.

Sad thing is that now the next time I go I'll probably concentrate on that list instead of enjoying the ride 😉
The Laughing Place / pretty much everything after How Do You Do has been in shocking condition for the last few weeks. And I mean bad. I’ve never seen the ride in such poor condition.

Overall I found show to be average / below average. Space Mountain was awful. Tower as described above. Iasw was better than expected. Muppet Vision was stunning.

If the SSE ride system survives until a full overhaul I’ll be surprised.

Last edited:

John park hopper

Yes Disney is a company beholding to their stockholders but when a company is based on providing entertainment as their basis for making money for the stockholders one would think they would strive to provide the best experience possible. I guess they figure there are enough people going no matter what--- they don't need to do that. Disney may be riding the crest of the wave now but eventually it will crash--won't be tomorrow or next year ---IMO it will happen

Last edited:

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
For everyone who says eventually Disney will pay for these mistakes and decisions they are making (let me be clear i do not like the direction the company is going) eventually you may be correct but we been hearing this same phrase for how long now? A decade? Maybe close to 2? It hasnt happened yet and its not even close to happening. So if someone says something for this long and one day it happens are you really going to say “i told you so?” & expect a pat on your back.

Jrb1979

Okay. 🤷‍♂️🤷 if someone doesn't want to believe I go to Disney and have a good time, I'm cool with that, hopefully no ones trips depends on my experience. Reliability?? I guess I'm pretty consistent, we have a dvc which kinda forces us to go often. What because I went on a ride and didn't notice every light bulb that didn't work?? Actually my kids would say that is pretty consistent with me. Nope I don't whine about the small stuff and by nature I'm not a complainer.
Basically, I still have a great fabulous vacation and I'm not goosestepping in line with the majority here so I am "not reliable" or worthy enough to have an opinion.
But let me join the crowd.....

Again, as a PSA, my family and our experiences are our own. Feel free to take the information any way you please.
Lol being accused of defending Disney is probably one of the nicest things I've been called.
Enjoy your vacations wherever they are
Your post is similar to the many who go to Disney and don't notice much of the bad things. IMO a lot of that has to do with enjoying the family time. I'm saying that as a good thing. For many family time at Disney is more important than things that are broken.

For everyone who says eventually Disney will pay for these mistakes and decisions they are making (let me be clear i do not like the direction the company is going) eventually you may be correct but we been hearing this same phrase for how long now? A decade? Maybe close to 2? It hasnt happened yet and its not even close to happening. So if someone says something for this long and one day it happens are you really going to say “i told you so?” & expect a pat on your back.
I agree. Disney will always do well for two main reasons. One being those with littles will always pick Disney due to having so many rides with no height requirements. IMO the biggest one is your average Disney guest aren't ride people. Meaning they prefer Disney level rides over thrill rides.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Your post is similar to the many who go to Disney and don't notice much of the bad things. IMO a lot of that has to do with enjoying the family time. I'm saying that as a good thing. For many family time at Disney is more important than things that are broken.

I agree. Disney will always do well for two main reasons. One being those with littles will always pick Disney due to having so many rides with no height requirements. IMO the biggest one is your average Disney guest aren't ride people. Meaning they prefer Disney level rides over thrill rides.
Exactly. And again i dont agree w where this company is heading but literally a few simple additions and some routine maintenance to avoid some of what we been seeing and basic refurbs so rides dont look the way they do and add in the “big” rides they love to hype they would be borderline untouchable again and ill say this i know im in the minority but value is still a decent value at times better than decent and when you are staying longer say a week or so tickets are respectable. Especially when comparing to similar type vacations. So to me they truly do have room to raise these prices even more w/o it being the straw that broke the camels back…

Chi84

Premium Member
I'm not talking about an appeal to authority. This isn't about 'expert testimony' per se; this is about general believability and reliability
That just doesn't follow. People notice what matters to them.

We're DVC owners; our first visit was in 1984 and we've visited almost every year since then. I notice that Cali Grill Brunch is still not operating. I notice that I can no longer conveniently schedule rides; now I have to get up before 7, hope what I want is available and have to pay for the privilege. I notice that the rooms aren't being cleaned as they should be. I notice that food portions are smaller and variety has suffered. Those things affect the enjoyment of my vacation.

I probably wouldn't have noticed a bunch of broken or missing details on a ride I never cared all that much for in the first place. Unless I claimed to have a particular interest in how rides are being maintained, my failure to notice such things don't go to my general believability and reliability.

MickeyLuv'r

WDW was so far above the cut, that fans collectively had a large store of good will and warm memories. Personally, I'd describe WDW as a mixed bag. I can simultaneously think GoG is a fun new ride, while also feeling that Splash is currently in a sad state. On my most recent visit, I assumed this might be my last opportunity to ride Splash at all.

I imagine WDW's only intent now is keeping it operational. One of the day of our visit, it was down most of the day, but WDW fixed enough to open.

Splash had long lines. To some extent, you are correct. People will still ride it almost no matter how broken it is.

Still, it was sad and a bit unsettling.

MickeyLuv'r

Okay. 🤷‍♂️🤷 if someone doesn't want to believe I go to Disney and have a good time, I'm cool with that, hopefully no ones trips depends on my experience. Reliability?? I guess I'm pretty consistent, we have a dvc which kinda forces us to go often. What because I went on a ride and didn't notice every light bulb that didn't work?? Actually my kids would say that is pretty consistent with me. Nope I don't whine about the small stuff and by nature I'm not a complainer.
Basically, I still have a great fabulous vacation and I'm not goosestepping in line with the majority here so I am "not reliable" or worthy enough to have an opinion.
But let me join the crowd.....

Again, as a PSA, my family and our experiences are our own. Feel free to take the information any way you please.
Lol being accused of defending Disney is probably one of the nicest things I've been called.
Enjoy your vacations wherever they are
1665414297853.png

Can we please move on from posting the same thing over and over day after day? This is a thread about poor show quality. The whole point is to document the things parkgoers have noticed. If that isn't appealing to you, then so be it. Rather than spiraling into negativity day after day, how about starting a thread on a topic that is more positive?

Is there a more constructive discussion we could have? As someone who sees WDW is a positive light, I would love to see you start a thread on a more lighthearted WDW topic. In writing classes, students are asked to show, instead of tell. How about showing us WDW from your perspective?

wbostic12

In the Parks
No
When an imagineer says quality is poor, you know things are bad.

I know this is a long callback, but after watching the Imagineering Story (which obviously has a PR Disney Spin on it) and watching essentially 45 minutes of an episode consisting of Imagineering slamming the parks in the late 90s-early 2000s, I am super curious about how the episode talking about the parks during this time. Athough this is nothing new, Disney is leaning heavily on the name and trusting that it will be enough to keep enough people around as they attempt to spend less and get more money.

eliza61nyc

View attachment 672022

Can we please move on from posting the same thing over and over day after day? This is a thread about poor show quality. The whole point is to document the things parkgoers have noticed. If that isn't appealing to you, then so be it. Rather than spiraling into negativity day after day, how about starting a thread on a topic that is more positive?

Is there a more constructive discussion we could have? As someone who sees WDW is a positive light, I would love to see you start a thread on a more lighthearted WDW topic. In writing classes, students are asked to show, instead of tell. How about showing us WDW from your perspective?
You're absolutely right, my apologies. I've removed the happy stuff

Continue on. Have a great day

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom