Poor quality has come up a lot.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
It’s not just theme parks. Prior to landing the airline staff go down the aisle holding an open empty garbage bag asking each passenger if there is trash they would like to throw away. When exiting the plane there is so much trash left on the seats and on the floor.
Bottom line - a number of people just don’t care
Oh i agree its not just a Disney thing at all… its a society issue

Raidermatt

I was saddened to see a section of chrome was already peeling off the wall of the new GoG queue. In that case, I lean towards blaming park goers. Who peels the wall of brand new attraction?

A few years back... I happened to be in the lobby of AoA, and a CM was handing flowers to all the moms. So the woman in front of me hands the flower to her daughter. The girl immediately breaks the stem, drops it on the ground, then rips out and drops all the petals all over the floor.

Now the child was just a young child, but the woman? She just ignored the mess, didn't say anything to the child, and the poor CM had to come over and clean it up. Completely atrocious manners.

Perhaps a third aspect also applies: parkgoers' manners have atrophied.
Oh I agree. But it does not justify Disney lowering standards. As previously stated, Disney has the means.

MickeyLuv'r

It’s not just theme parks. Prior to landing the airline staff go down the aisle holding an open empty garbage bag asking each passenger if there is trash they would like to throw away. When exiting the plane there is so much trash left on the seats and on the floor.
1. Agree, but airline staff often come down the aisle way too fast to actually allow passengers to give them any trash.

2. It is also very common that they announce 'one last trash collection' that never happens.

I try to carry my trash off the plane when the above happens, but I often feel caught between 1 and 2.

There is also problem #3, if you drop an item, it often rolls who knows where. This happens to children quote often. Then the people sitting behind them are sleeping, etc. I'm sure a great many toys, crayons, and game pieces get dropped every day.

JIMINYCR

It could be replaced, if they wanted to do so, without dismantling the entire mountain (urban legend). There apparently was a replacement designed many years ago (late 2000's, but don't quote me on that), but it's never been green-lit. Something about consumers not caring about strobe lights so why bother...

Can we count dozens of burnt out light bulbs on the MK bus canopies last November as evidence that there is, or at least was, a lack of maintenance going on? Asking for a friend.

In keeping things balanced, consumer behavior accounts for some of the cleanliness issues around the parks and resorts. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Many people don't care where they dump their garbage these days. But bad show is bad show. But "show" doesn't make money.
I never mentioned anything about burnt out light bulbs because my response to another person was regarding the uncleanliness of bathrooms. Lots of people bring up light bulbs when talking about Disneys failure to maintain the parks and resorts. In my travels through the parks Ive seen a few randomly burnt out bulbs but not to the extent that any area was dark or unlit causing a dangerous situation. I agree Dis should be on top of all things, even something as minor as a light bulb and its proper to call them out on this. Maybe as I said because its one here or there and it isnt causing a darkened environment, they dont see it as a cause for immediate concern? I guess I'd rather a bathroom get attention and be cleaned properly before a lightbulb gets changed out. And I know they would be handled by different depts.

MickeyLuv'r

I never mentioned anything about burnt out light bulbs because my response to another person was regarding the uncleanliness of bathrooms. Lots of people bring up light bulbs when talking about Disneys failure to maintain the parks and resorts. In my travels through the parks Ive seen a few randomly burnt out bulbs but not to the extent that any area was dark or unlit causing a dangerous situation. I agree Dis should be on top of all things, even something as minor as a light bulb and its proper to call them out on this. Maybe as I said because its one here or there and it isnt causing a darkened environment, they dont see it as a cause for immediate concern? I guess I'd rather a bathroom get attention and be cleaned properly before a lightbulb gets changed out. And I know they would be handled by different depts.
To me, 'burnt out lightbulb' = a simple shorthand. It is easier to type lightbulb than to list all little things.

For me personally, I notice missing items and missing effects in the moment when I see them/don't see them/don't hear them, but later forget the specifics.

I can recall something on the LM wasn't working, but maybe couldn't easily describe here exactly which purple fish was not moving in the Under-the-Sea scene of the ride the way it is supposed to move.

Jrb1979

For me none of that matters as much as the lack of maintenance going on in the parks.

Chi84

Premium Member
I remember looking back from a boat leaving DS and seeing the bottom half of the “R” at Rainforest had burnt out. That one got replaced very quickly 😂

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bad show is bad show. That's why it is/was one of the 4 core tenets - Safety. Courtesy. Show. Efficiency. One can apologize all they want for it, but it doesn't change the fact that TDO, in particular, has treated maintenance as a burden for years. Light bulbs are out? "No big deal, it's not a safety hazard". Try that with your spouse around the house and see what kind of reaction you get. ;)

Br0ckford

Bad show is bad show. That's why it is/was one of the 4 core tenets - Safety. Courtesy. Show. Efficiency. One can apologize all they want for it, but it doesn't change the fact that TDO, in particular, has treated maintenance as a burden for years. Light bulbs are out? "No big deal, it's not a safety hazard". Try that with your spouse around the house and see what kind of reaction you get. ;)
It's 2022. She can change a bulb.

Raidermatt

Some truth to this, but airlines treat people like cattle. Its been proven time and time again, the worse you treat people, the worse they react. Something to keep in mind when talking about Disney as well.

AEfx

Very interesting reading a lot of the "nothing to see here" folks who are concentrating on the secondary click bait news article and not the original tweet. I stopped dead in my internet scroll as soon as I saw who it was from.

Apparently they don't know who Eddie Soto is or why it means a whole lot for him to be making that statement so publicly.

JIMINYCR

As I said they should be on top of it. And in comparison to a burnt out bulb in my house that my wife wants changed out? I’ll get to it when I can. Other major things to repair are a priority. There may be a total of two dozen bulbs in my home compared to how many multi- thousands of bulbs to keep up with around WDW property. How many in percentages are there lit as opposed to burnt out? Again… Yes they should be changed out, I agree.

montyz81

Original Poster
Some truth to this, but airlines treat people like cattle. Its been proven time and time again, the worse you treat people, the worse they react. Something to keep in mind when talking about Disney as well.
TSA are the ones that treat people like cattle. Especially at MCO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom