Poor quality has come up a lot.

Smiley/OCD

And for extended periods of time, I still haven’t seen Sarge move on Radiator Springs Racers or the boulder move at Indy since DLR reopened, that’s two major storyline effects down for over a year. Those are just two major examples, there’s dozens of small effects all across the parks that have been down for months or more.

Unfortunately overflowing trash cans and dirty bathrooms are now a common experience, clean bathrooms used to be one of those unnoticed things that set Disney apart from everyone else, now their cleanliness is often on par with a gas station and it’s something that’s become noticeable
They must have VERY clean gas station restrooms in California…we’ve been in WDW 3 times in the past 2 years and speaking for MYSELF, I’ve never seen a “gas station” restroom in the parks. I DID see a wall trash unit next to the sink that was close to full, but never overflowing all over the floor. Maybe we just keep visiting on good days…

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
Can I just draw your attention to the Terms and Rules you agreed to when you joined the forum, in particular these two:

9. If a moderator or staff member makes a directive in a thread (for example, to stop with a particular topic), you must adhere to these directives. If you discover a directive only after you’ve posted a message that contravenes it, delete your post or it will be taken to be ignoring moderators.

10. If you have a problem with or question about a moderator’s decision, contact the moderator privately or submit a message through the contact system. Posts or topics discussing moderator actions will be removed.

I didnt know discussing or asking questions regarding OFFICIAL Disney policy was off limits but we can beat this like a dead horse... but as i said its NOT my site nor my rules.... Thanks tho for being the lawyer of the group and copying the fine print which im sure we all have read :rolleyes:

Tony the Tigger

And of course the infamous Yeti 👹
I’ll give you the Yeti for sure. That should have been fixed ages ago. I presume they have given up at this point, and people who didn’t go when it first opened are none the wiser.

I wonder if it had something to do with the construction? I vaguely remember a TV show that let you see the stages of construction which made it look very difficult to get to in order to make repairs.

JIMINYCR

WDW bathrooms are on par with a gas station? That's pathetic if true. Overflowing trash and disgusting bathrooms are two things that should not be tolerated by either WDW or guests. I'll be looking on my visit (first since ~2012 and only 3rd ever).
Weve been going to WDW for many years and have found the parks have had more littering on the ground and in the queues than there used to be. The bathrooms have been tidy although some better than others. You can see there are janitorial staff wandering the parks cleaning up trash and entering the bathrooms to clean. Its not as bad as some claim and also not as pristine as it once was. Partly from excessive crowds, more uncaring guests, change to the janitorial scheduling and staffing and having difficulty keeping up.
But like many issues going on, what you read or hear about may not be as bad as you are told. Wait to judge until you see it first hand.

DisneyfanMA

Thanks Jiminy. That's what I figured. I'm very curious to judge myself and am looking forward to a post trip report with our experience. I have only been to WDW twice ever = ~1990(5 days) , and ~2012 (1 day). So I am NOT a regular by any means. My memory from previous trips was the parks looked great overall. It is too bad that people are slobs, but Disney definitely would be smart to do whatever it takes to keep it clean. That's a major differentiator for me between Disney and non-Disney theme parks.

Jrb1979

Thanks Jiminy. That's what I figured. I'm very curious to judge myself and am looking forward to a post trip report with our experience. I have only been to WDW twice ever = ~1990(5 days) , and ~2012 (1 day). So I am NOT a regular by any means. My memory from previous trips was the parks looked great overall. It is too bad that people are slobs, but Disney definitely would be smart to do whatever it takes to keep it clean. That's a major differentiator for me between Disney and non-Disney theme parks.
I don't know what parks you're visiting but any of the 5 I've visited this summer were very clean.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’ll give you the Yeti for sure. That should have been fixed ages ago. I presume they have given up at this point, and people who didn’t go when it first opened are none the wiser.

I wonder if it had something to do with the construction? I vaguely remember a TV show that let you see the stages of construction which made it look very difficult to get to in order to make repairs.
It could be replaced, if they wanted to do so, without dismantling the entire mountain (urban legend). There apparently was a replacement designed many years ago (late 2000's, but don't quote me on that), but it's never been green-lit. Something about consumers not caring about strobe lights so why bother...

Weve been going to WDW for many years and have found the parks have had more littering on the ground and in the queues than there used to be. The bathrooms have been tidy although some better than others. You can see there are janitorial staff wandering the parks cleaning up trash and entering the bathrooms to clean. Its not as bad as some claim and also not as pristine as it once was. Partly from excessive crowds, more uncaring guests, change to the janitorial scheduling and staffing and having difficulty keeping up.
But like many issues going on, what you read or hear about may not be as bad as you are told. Wait to judge until you see it first hand.

Can we count dozens of burnt out light bulbs on the MK bus canopies last November as evidence that there is, or at least was, a lack of maintenance going on? Asking for a friend.

In keeping things balanced, consumer behavior accounts for some of the cleanliness issues around the parks and resorts. I've said it before and I'll say it again - Many people don't care where they dump their garbage these days. But bad show is bad show. But "show" doesn't make money.

MickeyLuv'r

This is one of those areas that is going to be subjective. Over the years, I have seen plenty of dirty stalls at WDW. Parkgoers are slobs. I truly don't trust anyone who says they have never seen a dirty stall at WDW. Nobody posting here is compelled to be honest.

Bathrooms are cleaned. You might be the last person to use a stall before it is cleaned, or the first to use it after it has been cleaned. Some folks use the busy bathrooms, others use the quieter/out of the way bathrooms.

I also assume there probably are differences between the men's, women's, and the special designation restrooms.

For myself, I certainly saw people working to clean the restrooms on my most recent visit. To me, the bathrooms seem a little less clean now than they were 10 years ago, but not horribly different.

When it comes to rides though: ride breakdowns/effects not working, those problems seem much more common to me than they once were.

DisneyfanMA

I do remember experiencing (again only twice in 50 years), and always hearing frequent visitors comment on how practically the moment a wrapper hit the ground in MK it would be swept away by someone at Disney keeping the parks clean. Chewing gum on the gound, graffiti scratched into metal or wood surfaces, and things like that were non existent. Paint was always done in stages all over the parks (there's even been documentaries on it).

I mean all you had to do was go to a Six Flags or any other non Disney park and the difference was night and day.

Some of the anecdotal stories about burnt out bulbs, overflowing trash bins, effects on rides being broken in multiple places and things were unheard of before - I think.

I am very eager to make my own assessment. If a thing or two is out of place, so what. and I'll say so in my own post trip report. But if its prolific. Then I'll have something to talk about.

Raidermatt

This is one of those areas that is going to be subjective. Over the years, I have seen plenty of dirty stalls at WDW. Parkgoers are slobs. I truly don't trust anyone who says they have never seen a dirty stall at WDW. Nobody posting here is compelled to be honest.

Bathrooms are cleaned. You might be the last person to use a stall before it is cleaned, or the first to use it after it has been cleaned. Some folks use the busy bathrooms, others use the quieter/out of the way bathrooms.

I also assume there probably are differences between the men's, women's, and the special designation restrooms.

For myself, I certainly saw people working to clean the restrooms on my most recent visit. To me, the bathrooms seem a little less clean now than they were 10 years ago, but not horribly different.

When it comes to rides though: ride breakdowns/effects not working, those problems seem much more common to me than they once were.

I pretty much agree with this. You can't make a judgment based on walking into one bathroom. But over the years I have definitely seen a change, on average. Same goes for trash lying around in queues and other publicly visible areas. Yes, some of this could be blamed on more people and more people being slobs. The problem with that though is that even the slobs pay to get in, and everyone is paying more that in the past on both a real and relative basis. So the funds are there to keep up with the trends. And certainly there are many other trends which have worked in Disney's favor financially speaking.

I definitely agree that the issues with attraction breakdowns and non-working effects are greater.

JustAFan

According to the NY Times (Brooks Barnes, Aug. 2022), "Disney Parks, Experiences and Products reported quarterly revenue of $7.4 billion, up from $4.3 billion a year earlier, and an operating profit of $2.2 billion, up from $356 million." It's hard to quantify park attendance other than anecdotally, but we know people are still going. During that same time, U.S. inflation (consumer price index) rose 8.3% (bls.gov) while avg hourly earnings decreased 2.4% (bls.gov). One thing Bobby is right about is they have demand. While people are still paying an arm and a leg for the product, they won't be breaking their necks to address these many gripes, even though they are valid. Consumers should argue with their wallets. Perhaps the competition coming in 2025 will change the game.

MickeyLuv'r

I pretty much agree with this. You can't make a judgment based on walking into one bathroom. But over the years I have definitely seen a change, on average. Same goes for trash lying around in queues and other publicly visible areas. Yes, some of this could be blamed on more people and more people being slobs. The problem with that though is that even the slobs pay to get in, and everyone is paying more that in the past on both a real and relative basis. So the funds are there to keep up with the trends. And certainly there are many other trends which have worked in Disney's favor financially speaking.

I definitely agree that the issues with attraction breakdowns and non-working effects are greater.
I was saddened to see a section of chrome was already peeling off the wall of the new GoG queue. In that case, I lean towards blaming park goers. Who peels the wall of brand new attraction?

A few years back... I happened to be in the lobby of AoA, and a CM was handing flowers to all the moms. So the woman in front of me hands the flower to her daughter. The girl immediately breaks the stem, drops it on the ground, then rips out and drops all the petals all over the floor.

Now the child was just a young child, but the woman? She just ignored the mess, didn't say anything to the child, and the poor CM had to come over and clean it up. Completely atrocious manners.

Perhaps a third aspect also applies: parkgoers' manners have atrophied.

crazy4disney

In the Parks
No
I was saddened to see a section of chrome was already peeling off the wall of the new GoG queue. In that case, I lean towards blaming park goers. Who peels the wall of brand new attraction?

A few years back... I happened to be in the lobby of AoA, and a CM was handing flowers to all the moms. So the woman in front of me hands the flower to her daughter. The girl immediately breaks the stem, drops it on the ground, then rips out and drops all the petals all over the floor.

Now the child was just a young child, but the woman? She just ignored the mess, didn't say anything to the child, and the poor CM had to come over and clean it up. Completely atrocious manners.

Perhaps a third aspect also applies: parkgoers' manners have atrophied.
Totally agree. Take a look at the hub after fireworks or a night parade. Its disgusting and people should be ashamed and embarrassed with themselves. Trash like im walking out of a ballgame. Who raised thesepeople is what i wanna know that throwing trash on the ground is acceptable practice and expecting others to clean it is the norm…

Lilofan

Totally agree. Take a look at the hub after fireworks or a night parade. Its disgusting and people should be ashamed and embarrassed with themselves. Trash like im walking out of a ballgame. Who raised thesepeople is what i wanna know that throwing trash on the ground is acceptable practice and expecting others to clean it is the norm…
It’s not just theme parks. Prior to landing the airline staff go down the aisle holding an open empty garbage bag asking each passenger if there is trash they would like to throw away. When exiting the plane there is so much trash left on the seats and on the floor.
Bottom line - a number of people just don’t care

Br0ckford

This is a problem all over. People have become nasty slobs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom