Polynesian or Contemporary

rescueranger

Hello all I am new to the group..... so thanks for having me.... I am planning my trip in Jan 2009 and am looking at either staying at the Polynesian or the Contemporary. Each day I flip flop from one to the other so wanted to know if the group could try to sway me one way or the other. Thanks for the help!

WhatJaneSays

I'm somewhat partial to the Polynesian. I think the architecture is more interesting and I find it a more relaxing resort. I do love the Contemporary as well but it always seems overly busy to me. The Contemporary has a higher tenancy to attract conventions and the like. The Polynesian is more likely to attract family reunions.

Getting either for January 2009 might not be pushing it depending on how much you want to spend and what days you want to go. I've learned it's best to have a flexible two week window to play with.

Have a nice trip! :wave:

Upvote 0

melflip8

I think Contemporary for a couple of reasons...its the closest to MK...you can walk there and its been given more TLC lately than Poly. It just opened the Wave, the new quick service just opened, the California Grille is one of my FAVE spots in Disney and the best place to watch fireworks. Also, the rooms have just been redone and are fabulously shiek and dare I say...Contemporary? :lookaroun

I'd say try to get in the main tower and do the Conteporary. Either way, i'm sure you'll have a magical time. :king:

Upvote 0

Mick G.

Personally, I prefer the Poly right now. The Contemporary felt like a construction zone the last time I was there, although it may be better now. The Poly was great when we stayed there in October, from the pools to the restaurants. The Kona Cafe is where we had the 2 best meals of the trip.

Mick

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

I love the Polynesian's beach and its tikis and the best thing of all is that it is a short monorail ride away from the Contemporary where I'd prefer to stay.

Stay in the Contemporary, and you don't get wet walking to your room if it rains. Something to think about when you are paying big money for your hotel.

I like the Contemporary - the bar upstairs, the high rise views, and all the renovations going on there right now appeal to my sense of what it will be like when all is done. :wave:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Here's another vote for the Contemporary. We stayed at the Poly several years ago, and while it is beautiful, now that DD is older, we spend very little time at the resort. I am willing (and prefer) to pay for luxury and convenience, and the CR is the cheapest of the monorail resorts, and its proximity to the MK can't be beat!

Upvote 0
My family and I have stayed at the Poly 4 out of our last 5 trips. We stayed at the Contemporary on our last trip and decided that we really like the Poly better. It has the feel of a resort vacation with the benefit of Disney right next store. We love the Poly. I would strongly recommend the Poly.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

My family and I have stayed at the Poly 4 out of our last 5 trips. We stayed at the Contemporary on our last trip and decided that we really like the Poly better. It has the feel of a resort vacation with the benefit of Disney right next store. We love the Poly. I would strongly recommend the Poly.
Disney right next door??? It IS Disney...sigh...........

To the OP, it depends on what you are going for. I find Poly to be more romantic if that's what you want (and it has a better pool), but Contemporary has been enjoying some very nice refurbishments of late (no doubt to get its amenities up to par for the ultra-expensive DVC opening up next door).

Upvote 0

JohnWeckwerth

First off, I must say I've never stayed at the Contemporary though I have eaten there and had drinks there. That said, I'd recomend the Poly. The pool, the Neverland Club, and the theme are great with kids. Best coffee at WDW is at Kona cafe.(love the Tonga toast) The Luau is as good or better than the ones I've seen in Hawaii. It's got a romantic appeal. Also most of the longhouses are a short walk to the Epcot monorail. I've always thought the Contemporary looks real cool, but when I've been in therew it leaves me cold. Reminds me of an airport.

Upvote 0

DougK

Contemporary Magic Kingdom View if you can handle the $ is a fantastic experience. The Poly is great no matter what the view. Either way you can't go wrong. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Pens24

Poly is the best resort in disney. I have neve stayed at the contemp but it seems just like a cement building and the poly is like going to an island

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom