POLL: Should Disney bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume and ban contact with guests?

Should Disney bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume and ban physical contact with guests?

• Yes. Bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume and ban contact w/guests.

Votes: 21 10.9%
  • Yes. Bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume but continue contact w/guests.

Votes: 133 68.9%
  • No. Keep Princess Jasmine's new costume and continue contact w/guests.

Votes: 20 10.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 9.8%

• Total voters
The new outfit is cute/pretty, and I'm sure the ladies who're friends with Jasmine are more comfortable, but it still makes me sad that this has to be done. They shouldn't HAVE to deal with creeps doing creepy things just because she has some skin showing. It makes me mad that people think it's okay/funny to harrass her or anyone else and then use the excuse "well, they should've been wearing something more modest" to get away with it.

It reminds me of those people who think they can harass cosplayers who stay true to costumes that are more showy. These people aren't thinking "I hope this extra skin I'm showing gets me LOTS of extra attention" when they dress up. They're thinking "I hope I look like this character and that my costume's good enough and people will like how I portray the character in general." And as for Jasmine? She's dressing up because it's her JOB to stay true to the character. I just... ugh. I gotta stop talking, or I never will. >.>

John C. Shepherd

I feel if some perv wants to do naughty things at Disney, they should be banned, beaten and taken out of the park. ok we can go easy on beaten unless it is really bad.
Come on people arent we all adults, i could careless really on the outfit but no lady or man should be touch inappropriately when working or not anywhere.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Okay so, @candy_pencils broke the internet yesterday by posting pics of Princess Jasmine's new costume. http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/jasmines-new-look.918160/

There is a lot of controversy regarding Princess Jasmine's new costume and why it was changed. Unfortunately, poor Princess Jasmine has experienced some less than magical encounters during her meet & greets, it's just awful.

Should Disney bring back Princess Jasmine's original costume and just ban physical contact guests?

crzqdv2xyaa5mlf-jpg.159017

191tgl.jpg

My god, the new costume is horrible, just horrible!!!!!

You know, if Disney wants to prevent unwanted interactions between some face characters and guests, give the CM a damn stun gun. That will get around social media pretty quickly when a guest decides to give poor Jasmine an inappropriate squeeze...and end that "contact". Geez, people, grow up, be adults. Stop manhandling the princesses!!!! Taking a photo with your wife and kids ISN'T the time to squeeze Cindy's derriere! Would you want some stranger from Poughkeepsie doing that to YOUR 20something daughter?

Maybe Disney needs to put this sign up at certain character M&G: "Inappropriate contact with characters may result in a slight electrical shock being administered to your neck. Don't touch the merchandise!" that sword Aladdin carries is real

And if some guests objected because they consider her costume too, well, risqué, don't watch much TV, do you. She looks pretty covered up compared to what I see wandering around our local university, mall, grocery stores, the beach, etc., etc.

Siren

Original Poster
OMG That is just an Awful costume !! it is not evocative of the character at all ! I realize that the primary costume in the film is not any where near authentic historical ethnic dress, but I still hate that outfit. I actually bellydance as a hobby, and have a degree in costume design, and there ares definitely other options for modest coverage. When it comes right down to it, NOT all bellydancers have to show their midriff. At a size 22 - I wear a hip length tunic, or a colorful gauzey drape myself...(too many Mickey Premium bars and dole whips - but hey - I am enjoying life while I exercise.) But there are other options. There are chain maille and jeweled belly drapes that apron down the front - where your top leaves off. Gorgeous !! The Bellydance community (for the most part) is a lot more body accepting and size friendly - they have even marketed "belly stockings" - leotard like sheath tubes to cover the midriff between the top and bottom of the costume, and they come in all kinds of shades and colors, even bejeweled and lacey. Because you never know - some women have had abdomenal surgeries, or have a lot of stretch mark scars. Why should they not perform and feel good about how they look.

I really wish they would re-think this costume. It makes even these young lithe creatures look frumpy!! just my opinion.
Hi @Pixie VaVoom! LOL. I took a belly dance class too, I wish there was more diversity in our class but it was on campus so it was just coeds trying to get out of gym or something. LOL. Anyway, our instructor was totally brutal, like I thought I was in perfect shape and had the perfect abs and everything and she put a hurting on me so bad I had to lie down on the floor for a few minutes after class just to recover. Bellydancing really taps into abdominal muscles that I didn't even know I had, our whole class was in pain. I totally wish I would have stuck with it though. I think everyone should try bellydancing at least once to wake up those hard to reach abdominal muscles.

Anyway, thanks for your opinion! I did like the old costume better, too -- but it looks like the Princess Jasmine's costume issues have passed over and everything is totally back to normal. Thank goodness for that.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Hi @networkpro! Just wow, like I've never heard this one before. And, please spare me your preschool sight words of the day and try to stay on topic. Like I've said before, brevity has never been my strong suit -- I suppose it's something that I need to work on but, I'm just having a little fun here -- try it some time.

Oh yeah, I don't judge you so like don't judge me. We are -- or at least, we were discussing Jasmine's costume.

Hi @copcarguyp71! LOL. You totally need to have your head examined or maybe just take it easy on that corn whiskey. LOL.
You sound like a very bitter older type of man whose heart was broken by a smoldering hot female like over twenty years ago and you never quite got over it or something -- but, don't take it out on me. It's either that or you are still ticked off at me when I said you were not worth of having Darth Vader's avatar and to use use Jar Jar Binks like over 2 years ago --- once again, I was just joking. It's one or the other, either way get over it.

And, um, the reflection that I see in the mirror suggests otherwise, which is only further compounded by the reaction I get when I step out the door and all of my instagram and facebook likes. Guys come up to me and literally thank me for being so beautiful and looking so good.

And, not just guys either. Just the other day, I was at Whole Foods and I was outside looking at these gorgeous mums, they were huge! So, a beautiful older lady approaches me and says, "I think you are so pretty, very pretty." And, I just started to blush and turn red because that was so unexpected. I said thank you and I returned the compliment to her as well. I get compliments from females too, just no where as often as the guys -- but what was so unique about this encounter, was the woman was there waiting for me after I was done shopping and she approached me again to apologize. She said, her daughter thought that I may have been offended and thought that she was trying to hit on me. I felt so bad, and I told her that wasn't true at all and that I really appreciated her compliment and that I thought her and her daughter were just as beautiful as well and we all hugged, and it was just a nice moment. After that, I began to wonder why did this gorgeous classy lady approach me, she had nothing to gain from it -- so, I think she was also attracted to my inner beauty and glow, as well.

Oh and, speaking of mirrors -- I just bought the most amazing mirror from IKEA. I know people think IKEA is like a Swedish Kmart or something but this mirror is so perfect for selfies. I have a lot of mirrors that are heavy like 300 pounds so they have to remain stationary. But, I can easily slide this mirror from my closet to the bathroom and over to my windows for natural light and it has a rack on the back to hang your clothes on and stuff between changes and it's easy to maneuver for different angles and stuff like that.

1z5l0rt.jpg
2vcup6p.jpg

168d3r4.jpg

This is a much cheaper model but still nice.

Okay so, I totally need to get back on topic.
Oh look a kitty! Short attention span theater

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom