Poll: Is Galaxy’s Edge Great(and a success)?

Is Galaxy’s Edge Great (and a success)?

• Yes to both

Votes: 54 32.5%
  • No to both

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • Yes to great, no to success

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • No to great, yes to success

Votes: 53 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Figments Friend

Like what for example?

'Positives' would of course be 'Rise of the Resistance', some of the detailed themed buildings, and I have a soft spot for Dok and his Den.
Those elements are nice, but the land / area needs more to do and experience.

The experiences and entertainment cut before the area opened are additions that should be looked in to for the future.
This land / area could be far more successful with some of those 'promised' additions.

-

Disney4family

I said similar after having one at DL last weekend, my impression was they’d changed (or maybe even forgot) the peppercorn sauce though, the wrap was dry and lacked any flavor at all, horribly bland.

I was very disappointed since it’s usually one of my favorite items in the park.
I agree. It is disappointing. It was amazing when we first had it in 2020. Last year was a little less impressive. Last week was definitely a hot dog. With or without sauce, it tasted like a hot dog - on a dry wrap. 🤮

rreading

The cantina, arguably one of the most iconic things they built, is standing room only. It's crowded and uncomfortable and has no place for your family to relax, just like the rest of galaxy's edge.
That’s honestly a great point. I suppose you could say that limited supply creates demand but it could easily be twice as big and meet demand.

I continue to wonder if WDW (and maybe Disney Parks) continue to constrain SW:GE for the benefit of the Starcruiser

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
That’s honestly a great point. I suppose you could say that limited supply creates demand but it could easily be twice as big and meet demand.

I continue to wonder if WDW (and maybe Disney Parks) continue to constrain SW:GE for the benefit of the Starcruiser

The same can be said for the land in regards to sizing. It's so crowded back there you can hardly see the architecture. There's no point putting roaming droids or actors into the congestion. They built narrow passageways and a small land.

I personally think everything they built within the land is great. But I voted not great because you can't really enjoy any of it. All you do is stand and walk and bake in the hot sun. It's more a Lord of the Rings land than a Star Wars land with all the pointless walking and standing 😂

bhg469

Frankly as a whole, it looks like a drained Waterpark. There are a few bright spots, like Rise and Rontos Roasters but most of it as executed is just a meh. We haven't been back on Smugglers in almost two years in spite of the 8 week long trips we've made to WDW.
Speaking of Rontos Roasters... Why on earth does it close at 3pm?!?!

Mickey5150

Yes and yes. Rise is still my top attraction ever. Smugglers is best with your own party so you can yell at each other for not doing their jobs. Just walking the land is exciting for all the little details you find. From the might of the First Order to a town caught between two factions and into the forested hidden base of the Resistance, the land tells a story as well as any Disney land before it. Could it be better? Of course, but so could every other land in a Disney park.

UNCgolf

I suppose it's possible but I think people don't realize just how tiny the Starcruiser is. I don't think it can impact the SWGE experience in any way that would be noticeable for day guests.

I read the comment as suggesting they aren't interested in including much streetmosphere/entertainment at SWGE because they want to push people to the Starcruiser for that experience.

I agree that the Starcruiser is tiny, though. It's just a few hundred people.

Last edited:

Emblaze

I was in the minority and said "yes and no". I am not a diehard Star-wars person, but I thought the land itself was really immersive. That isn't to say it's flawless. I've yet to ride RotR (that should change next month when visiting Anaheim), but did get a chance to ride MF and thought it was kinda meh.

As nice as the land is, I really think Disney whiffed by basing Galaxy Edge around the sequel trilogy, which (to put it nicely) isn't exactly beloved by die-hards. This I think is the difference between GE and Universal's Wizarding World lands, which come straight out of a beloved franchise. I also think they should've waited for RotR to be ready at the opening of GE, as that would've greatly helped first impressions of the land.

TL;DR: GE itself is great even if it has issues, but less successful as predicted due to various executive decisions.

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
I voted Yes to both because the first time I visited the land in summer 2019, I was blown away by the level of theming, with the land’s Star Wars look (obelisks, monolithic structures) and its attention to even the smallest nuances. I thought the land had a lot to see in terms of its theming, Smugglers was fun, but it’s not something I would go out of my way for. Rise is without a doubt, the greatest theme park attraction of our time because of how it uses not one, but three ride systems with a walkthrough of sorts in between one section, and has gigantic set pieces. I find that most criticisms of Galaxy’s Edge boil down to “it’s not the original trilogy”. I find that these people are narrow minded and should recognize that the area was not built for them: it was built for those who grew up with the sequels because Disney felt it was best to focus on the future, not the past. The reason why a new planet was created for Galaxy’s Edge is that when Star Wars is over, one won’t look at Galaxy’s Edge as a cultural relic of a bygone era but instead as a classic fixture of Disneyland/DHS. But the land isn’t perfect (like all themed areas) and I see that the land needs more entertainment to give it some visual energy and bring the free roaming droids that were teased for the land back in 2017. It also does need an attraction everyone can access, And these things that were needed were probably cut due to a certain penny pincher. Despite these issues I’d say that this land is overall better than Wizarding World: Hogsmeade for its finer level of detail, realism, and better star attraction (forbidden journey’s story is not paced very well).

MagicHappens1971

What do you mean constrain?

erasure fan1

I have to go with no to both. I can't call the land great. It looks great sure, but with falcon being mediocre and rise being down so much, I call it good. Was it a success? Not in my eyes. Disney expected galaxys edge to have a bigger impact than Potter. It for sure isn't near as impactful as Potter.

The good news is, as soon as Disney decides to get their collective heads out of their butts. The land could be a yes to both. Without galaxys edge representing all of star wars, it can't be great. It also needs a character meal and preferably a pod race coaster and a dark ride. Once you have that, you could pass right by great, and go to epic.

MagicHappens1971

My thought is that they could have more character interactions, but want to preserve that level of quality for their $$$$ experience. So SW:GE loses out
No I don’t think that’s it. However one thing the Starcruiser is holding back, is the timeline. They are also stuck in that between episode 8 & 9 timeline, so until they change the story or something like that we won’t see any character appearances out of the timeline

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom