Poll: Is Galaxy’s Edge Great(and a success)?

Is Galaxy’s Edge Great (and a success)?

• Yes to both

Votes: 54 32.5%
  • No to both

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • Yes to great, no to success

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • No to great, yes to success

Votes: 53 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J4546

yeah I agree, hopefully more characters will be coming out soon and the land will also act as a massive meet and greet like Avengers Campus has slowly become. I think the weakest point of GE is not having enough characters, no real sit down dining, and Im not a fan of Smugglers Run....for gods sake at least add some new missions because the 1 mission of collecting cargo cubes is not what I imagined I would do when flying the Millenium Falcon as a kid

Bocabear

to those who are real Star Wars fanatics, it is of course a smashing success...to those of us who are casual Star Wars watchers, while grand in size and scale, tends to disappoint offering only two attractions...one of which is a one-and-done millenium Falcon attraction. The focus on the timeline limits the more beloved characters from being part of the story...and it is a battle-torn outpost... It should have been another location... it clearly needs another ride or two, not more meet and greets in my opinion... much like Pandora.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
A made-up location that looks good visually but lacks... a lot. Rise is great, for what it is. The rest is a case study of what NOT to do with a franchise in a theme park. A mediocre ride for an iconic ship. Some assorted props that may or may not be familiar to many fans. Random character appearances of characters that have little to do with the franchise's original success. Then there's shopping, shopping, a quick serve location, shopping, shopping, a too-small restaurant, shopping, shopping, and shopping. Did I forget to mention shopping? They have that, too.

Good thing Disney has been a great steward of the Star Wars franchise. :rolleyes:

GimpYancIent

to those who are real Star Wars fanatics, it is of course a smashing success...to those of us who are casual Star Wars watchers, while grand in size and scale, tends to disappoint offering only two attractions...one of which is a one-and-done millenium Falcon attraction. The focus on the timeline limits the more beloved characters from being part of the story...and it is a battle-torn outpost... It should have been another location... it clearly needs another ride or two, not more meet and greets in my opinion... much like Pandora.
I have to admit a POD racing ride would be fun and an immersive sit-down dining experience not associated with the Galactic Star Cruiser would also be a good thing.

Casper Gutman

A made-up location that looks good visually but lacks... a lot. Rise is great, for what it is. The rest is a case study of what NOT to do with a franchise in a theme park. A mediocre ride for an iconic ship. Some assorted props that may or may not be familiar to many fans. Random character appearances of characters that have little to do with the franchise's original success. Then there's shopping, shopping, a quick serve location, shopping, shopping, a too-small restaurant, shopping, shopping, and shopping. Did I forget to mention shopping? They have that, too.

Good thing Disney has been a great steward of the Star Wars franchise. :rolleyes:
I’d actually disagree. SWL SHOULD have shopping, shopping, shopping, etc. - that is, a plethora of uniquely themed, immersive shopping locations with very unique items that serve as a major attraction unto themselves. But it doesn’t. The Potter lands absolutely do - that should be the model. But due to a combination of issues inherent in the IP and design mistakes, the shopping at SWL is nothing like the attraction it should be. Visiting each shop again is a major part of a Diagon visit, but all SWL really merits is a quick stroll through Doc’s.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I’d actually disagree. SWL SHOULD have shopping, shopping, shopping, etc. - that is, a plethora of uniquely themed, immersive shopping locations with very unique items that serve as a major attraction unto themselves. But it doesn’t. The Potter lands absolutely do - that should be the model. But due to a combination of issues inherent in the IP and design mistakes, the shopping at SWL is nothing like the attraction it should be. Visiting each shop again is a major part of a Diagon visit, but all SWL really merits is a quick stroll through Doc’s.
Because Disney views Star Wars as a vehicle to push tons of cheap, overpriced crap. I can't even imagine the home run they would have hit if they did what you suggested - Several merchandise locations with high-quality, not-found-elsewhere SW merchandise.

the_rich

I brought my friend, a huge star wars nerd who doesn't like the new trilogy except for ep 7. When we walked into the land and he saw the falcon and took it all in, he cried. At the end after we did everything he said it was more than he could have imagined. He also cried during the ceremony after making his lightsaber. I also think it's great, though I want more characters and a 3rd ride. I voted its great and a success.

DonniePeverley

I brought my friend, a huge star wars nerd who doesn't like the new trilogy except for ep 7. When we walked into the land and he saw the falcon and took it all in, he cried. At the end after we did everything he said it was more than he could have imagined. He also cried during the ceremony after making his lightsaber. I also think it's great, though I want more characters and a 3rd ride. I voted its great and a success.

Have you contemplated he was crying because he didn't like it ?

Jobacca

This. Star Wars Weekends were 100 percent more fun than Galaxys Edge. Keeping the land themed in-universe was a good idea,but the decision to place it squarely between TLJ and Rise of Skywalker was a mistake. Its far too limiting to stick to this timeline. Make Battu some kind of Nexus in The Force where characters and events from across the timeline can make appearances-no one care about "teh cannon" they just wanna get a pic with Darth Vader and Darth Maul and ride cool rides. Look at STAR TOURS-its story is a complete mishmash of characters and events and its still very beloved.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom