Poll: Is Galaxy’s Edge Great(and a success)?

Is Galaxy’s Edge Great (and a success)?

• Yes to both

Votes: 54 32.5%
  • No to both

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • Yes to great, no to success

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • No to great, yes to success

Votes: 53 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OG Runner

I do. And I have the same exact response. I'm sure others enjoy it. I cant imagine the majority pay much attention to it, but maybe I'm the crazy one. :)
No, I am sure you are in the majority. There does seem to be a strong minority that takes advantage of the interactive activities
offered by both parks.

Scott Adams

Just drove by Epic Universe today.. so many cranes!!
Haha! I remember this when IOA was being built. It was really exciting to see just from the highway! Actually, the Jurassic Park preview center was better than the actual park area in the early days. They did such a great job there.

Scott Adams

POSITIVE:
ROTR is GREAT. I think we can all appreciate it. Personally, I find Vader to be a far better character, but fine...Kylo...still a very fun experience with plenty of elements any Star Wars fan can appreciate.

MEDIUM:
FALCON: Looks really cool, but been there-done that. Star Tours was disappointing to me in the early days, but whatever they did there over the last few years really made it such a fun experience...from the mechanics to the energy. Maybe they bring that to Falcon? But...then I'd need to walk all the way back through dreary Star Wars land.

Hmmmm...instead of having Star Wars further diluted for me, I'll wait in line for Peter Pan instead.

NEGATIVE:
GE...noooo...BATUU...UGHHH-NOOO...Star Wars Land (YES-deserved title) feels like insult to injury after the new films that slowly digested my 3 favorite characters over the course of 3 flip-flopping storylines. I think the imagineers did amazing work artistically, but it's FREAKIN DESOLATE! Who really wanted BATUU??? The name is ridiculous and no generation (fan of any of the films) can really identify with it. What a ridiculous plan. Why didn't anyone ask me first!?!? -just kidding.

With all of the planets that ARE interwoven...or with having the room to give us partial Hoth (which all generations love) and partial something else?!?!?

At least nobody has said "Bright Suns" to me yet. All I have to say for that is "ECHUTA" (the PRE-Mandalorian version)...although my wife goes with the more Disney-friendly "Kochana Kochana."

Last edited:

Mr. Tux

Original Poster
It’s official! Yes to both wins by one single vote!

Attachments

• 578A7EF2-786F-4EDB-8ED5-072783284F1B.jpeg
    578A7EF2-786F-4EDB-8ED5-072783284F1B.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 80

erasure fan1

Who really wanted BATUU??? The name is ridiculous and no generation (fan of any of the films) can really identify with it. What a ridiculous plan.
Personally I don't mind that they chose a new location for Galxys edge. Would I have preferred the forest moon of Endor? Of course I would. The big issue with the land, is the same thing that ALL Disney star wars suffers from. And that is a severe lack of planning. They thought nothing through. So many things make little to no sense. They had multiple movies to head over to Batuu and bring it into the public consciousness. But all they can muster was a comic and a throwaway line in the least watched movie, Solo.

In my opinion, if Luke Han and Leia all had a meetup at Black spire during force awakens, people would feel different. To see the Falcon land at Black spire with the big 3 would have really tied the land to the OT and sequels.

doctornick

Personally I don't mind that they chose a new location for Galxys edge. Would I have preferred the forest moon of Endor? Of course I would. The big issue with the land, is the same thing that ALL Disney star wars suffers from. And that is a severe lack of planning. They thought nothing through. So many things make little to no sense. They had multiple movies to head over to Batuu and bring it into the public consciousness. But all they can muster was a comic and a throwaway line in the least watched movie, Solo.
oh, there’s a throwaway line in The Mandalorian as well 🤪

I agree though that it’s shocking that they haven’t featured Batuu as a location in a live action production yet. Heck, they could film a bit on location in DL or DHS after hours or at least do some establishing shots.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

I agree though that it’s shocking that they haven’t featured Batuu as a location in a live action production yet. Heck, they could film a bit on location in DL or DHS after hours or at least do some establishing shots.

Nope, they've let it dangle out there like an appendix ready for surgical removal as it no longer serves a purpose.

MagicHappens1971

They could do a little movie magic and film some scenes for a movie in the park and make it not look like the theme park & also establish other parts of the park. Like Rise of the Resistance technically takes place in the Ruins of an ancient Jedi temple, explore that/ connect that to the timeline

erasure fan1

They could do a little movie magic and film some scenes for a movie in the park and make it not look like the theme park & also establish other parts of the park. Like Rise of the Resistance technically takes place in the Ruins of an ancient Jedi temple, explore that/ connect that to the timeline
They really dug themselves a hole by not doing anything before the land opened. The funny thing is that if you start throwing Black spire into the shows and films ( if they ever decide to make a film). I think it will be perceived as them forcing it in to tie it to their billion dollar land. If they had integrated it the first couple movies, especially rogue one, it's a more natural thing.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Maybe I'm too simplistic but it seems like when they open these mulit-billion dollar expansions they should have more than 2 rides. Even 3 or 4 would do it. I know the shopping, shows, things to see and restaurants are also a big part of the equation, but they need RIDES RIDES RIDES imo.

Well, considering they've opened whole parks with only 2-3 rides....

TrainsOfDisney

I’m out in Cali and I walked on to smugglers and waited 35 minutes for Rise. Meanwhile haunted mansion has a 2 hour wait.

You tell me if if it’s a success ;)

While Cali is a smaller park, radiator springs racers commands longer lines than rise based on my observations.

mysto

In the next film Han Luke and Chewy meet to plot "stuff" in Cosmic Ray's at an Empire owned theme park! They even ride Tron! Thus tying it all together Black Spire fits perfectly. However they wind up stranded without fuel due to fees. :( Sorry about all the spoilers.

itsy bitsy spider

Nope, it's not great, but it is a good addition to the park. Hollywood needed something and this is something. I would have loved Tatooine, but what can you do?

I think Disney was counting their chickens before they hatched too. Making the land based on the Sequel trilogy is a disaster. The last two movies suck and are definitely not rewatchable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom