Poll: Is Galaxy’s Edge Great(and a success)?

Is Galaxy’s Edge Great (and a success)?

• Yes to both

Votes: 54 32.5%
  • No to both

Votes: 40 24.1%
  • Yes to great, no to success

Votes: 19 11.4%
  • No to great, yes to success

Votes: 53 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jaxonp

I’m amazed at the people saying rise is the best attraction in the world…. Is it or are they just repeating what other people say. It’s lacking a soul just like the rest of SWGE. Meh. Pandora is better, Carsland is better, both potters.. better. Nintendo, better. That said, Galaxy’s edge is huge and probably could be saved overtime to be better than any of these. The falcon sucks.

Centauri Space Station

I’m amazed at the people saying rise is the best attraction in the world…. Is it or are they just repeating what other people say. It’s lacking a soul just like the rest of SWGE. Meh. Pandora is better, Carsland is better, both potters.. better. Nintendo, better. That said, Galaxy’s edge is huge and probably could be saved overtime to be better than any of these. The falcon sucks.
The first ride I was blown away by it and the sheer scope and details

DKampy

But after the first ride???
Scope and scale are world class. The story, the lack of thrill, the suspense… meh
Lack of thrill does not equate meh attraction. I don’t understand this argument especially coming from Disney fans…personally I think they have been concentrating too much on thrills lately…Some of the greatest Disney attractions have no thrill…Is the Haunted Mansion any less of an attraction because it lacks thrill after the first time you ride it

doctornick

What's the obsession with the timeline theme ?

Just throw in Vader, Yoda on a stage, original characters around everywhere.
I personally think the strict timeline is kinda cool, but there are ways to have legacy characters used while adhering to it. No reason there isn’t a “force cave” type area/attractions where you can encounter Vader (or Maul), Yoda, young Luke etc.

Also no reason not to have a C-3P0 and R2 M&G or Chewie one. And I’ve advocated for more music in the land like an AA “concert” to introduce music from the films into the land.

There’s way to address what people want without blowing up the timeline

jaxonp

What's the obsession with the timeline theme ?

Just throw in Vader, Yoda on a stage, original characters around everywhere.
You know because kids don’t know Vader …. They only know big baddie Kyle Ren.. his most memorable moment was when he terrorized the snow in
I personally think the strict timeline is kinda cool, but there are ways to have legacy characters used while adhering to it. No reason there isn’t a “force cave” type area/attractions where you can encounter Vader (or Maul), Yoda, young Luke etc.

Also no reason not to have a C-3P0 and R2 M&G or Chewie one. And I’ve advocated for more music in the land like an AA “concert” to introduce music from the films into the land.

There’s way to address what people want without blowing up the timeline

Stop it with the simple ideas that could easily work. That’s scary.

kingdead

I remember Disney announcing that the ride was necessary because every fan wanted to fly the Falcon. But... I don't think they do. The Falcon is kind of garbage. That's one of the OT's main running gags. It's "cool" because of Han and Chewie and the story beats with which it was associated, not on its own merits. A lot of fans want to WALK THROUGH the Falcon. If they want to FLY a ship, its an X-Wing or TIE Fighter, which is why so many video games have been produced with that as the central element. To the best of my knowledge, of the many, many SW games produced, none center on flying the Falcon.

The ride and the PR push behind it seem like a glaring illustration of how Disney misunderstood the property.
I would pay money I do not have to do the Death Star run. Maybe they'll do a new movie to set up a similar ride... there's always another one of those things around!
Stop it with the simple ideas that could easily work. That’s scary.
That's where the Starcruiser hampers WDW a bit, there's nothing stopping Disneyland from swapping in different characters if there's interest.

celluloid

One pretty fun dark ride.
The land was.mosrly wasted. It is not lived in and not a place people tend to explore.

It is also locked in now to the three movies that were released at its creation with no spot to expand. Something other parks with a hunch a land will be a bit build in.

MagicHappens1971

It’s not the best themed area in Orlando by far. Many other places in Disney and Universal beat this area.
I would argue that on paper it is truly the best themed area by merit. The problem is that it lacks life. The cohesion and theming behind Galaxy’s Edge was probably the strongest attempt at any park. I wish that the cast members of Batuu continued the intense immersion but it seems that it hasn’t lasted long since opening.

surfsupdon

I would argue that on paper it is truly the best themed area by merit. The problem is that it lacks life. The cohesion and theming behind Galaxy’s Edge was probably the strongest attempt at any park. I wish that the cast members of Batuu continued the intense immersion but it seems that it hasn’t lasted long since opening.
A World Showcase pavilion has more life and energy, and they are from the 80s.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom