Poll: For those who curbed visits or stopped visiting Disney Parks, what are your top reasons?

If you have stopped or limited your travel to Disney Parks, what are the top 3 reasons?

• Too expensive

Votes: 131 68.2%
  • Too many cuts to perks and overall quality

Votes: 138 71.9%
  • Not enough new offerings

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Do not like Disney's recent content

Votes: 45 23.4%
  • Am limiting travel overall (due to inflation, life circumstances, etc.)

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Word of mouth - heard negative things from visitors / reviews / social media

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Planning is too complicated

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • Waiting for something to open (EU, Tropical Americas, etc.)

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • Bad experience not related to park quality (rude guests, got sick, witnessed fight, etc.)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (Feel free to share below!)

Votes: 21 10.9%

• Total voters

wannabeBelle

1721921488173.png

NickMaio

well said

Disney has done well to capture/instill some pixie dust in all of us and it manifests if different ways. This thread shows that in the embedded emotion in many's post....

While I'd tell you we just tap the Gate, keep our wallets closed, and cringe to think of peeps overspending $$$ on soft drinks, chips, ice cream, we STILL have to hit LeCellier out of nostalgia on many trips....
Alright......we HAD to grab a few Dole whips.
We love the place.....
I have been going for almost 4 decades.
My wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary next summer.

The kids and her said we MUST go back to celebrate...
What is a nit picking WDW guy like myself to do....😊

DisneyHead123

Original Poster
Many areas are softening for sure.....tons of deals at the ballpark, as well as Dining in both Fast Food and lower moderate sit down types.....

With Disney it comes down to numbers/volume....they had more peeps attending and taken their proportionate (fastball down the middle of the plate here) hit....
Yeah, I’ve definitely noticed this as well. Panera has had some good promotions recently.

With Disney I think a key thing is that they have to add more capacity or else there’s a problem either way. With rides being down and entertainment cut, it feels like they can barely hold the crowds they have, even if those crowds are relatively smaller. While I want their prices to come down, the parks are already a bit claustrophobic and if crowds surged it would get even worse.

Dad 2 M & M

Alright......we HAD to grab a few Dole whips.
We love the place.....
I have been going for almost 4 decades.
My wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary next summer.

The kids and her said we MUST go back to celebrate...
What is a nit picking WDW guy like myself to do....😊
Our 25th Anniversary was spent at Tony’s….they sat us outside for the perfect view of the Parade(we timed the ressie for the parade and hoped for ideal seating). The GM serenaded us with Bella Notte (“This is the Night” from Lady and the Tramp)….DW cried….never had a bad meal at the Tony’s since

Pixie Dust sounds so mundane but some still believe…

Mark Dunne

TBH i didnt have a reason, but this leaving out international guest from booking LL passes even though we stay at WDW resorts has really ed me off, so someone staying outside the resorts still get the 3 day advance on me, and don't get me started with VPN this and VPN that, we book DCL , and in 10 days time i can book resort island activities, and dining , so its bull that we cant book ILL passes, the biggest issue is with the so called leaders of this company, so many people wanted Chaepek out, praised the rtn of Mr Iger, what's changed? nothing! Cant even get packages sent to front of the park anymore, surely even the numbers would state that people would be more willing to buy merchandise if they didnt have to lug it round the parks all day, the M.E never will rtn, IMO the leadership team have lost there way, we need another dream team to sort this out, in the style of Walt & Roy or Micheal & Frank , we still love the cast members and the Disney fanbase , people we meet in the parks. I'm sure there used to be a stock near liberty bell as a photo opportunity , i have an idea who to put in them !! ;)

Mark Dunne

Same top three as most people. I seem to not be very original.

I was already starting to think I wasn't going to go back again after this time, but if I can't get the new multi-pass system to work with a VPN before landing in the US, then that's the final straw for me.

I'm not paying all that money just to not be able to get lightning lanes for the rides I want because they've all been booked up before my arrival.
I've been banging this drum for over a month now, sent e mail to Mr Iger ( no reply ) its a joke! I'm all for looking after American guests, absolutely they should get discounted tickets for sure , plus DDP vouchers free with there stay, but this is just so Wrong, i think it will change though, if we all calmly state this at the front desk, I'm sure that will feed to upper management, or not 🤞

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom