Poll: For those who curbed visits or stopped visiting Disney Parks, what are your top reasons?

If you have stopped or limited your travel to Disney Parks, what are the top 3 reasons?

• Too expensive

Votes: 131 68.2%
  • Too many cuts to perks and overall quality

Votes: 138 71.9%
  • Not enough new offerings

Votes: 28 14.6%
  • Do not like Disney's recent content

Votes: 45 23.4%
  • Am limiting travel overall (due to inflation, life circumstances, etc.)

Votes: 17 8.9%
  • Word of mouth - heard negative things from visitors / reviews / social media

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Planning is too complicated

Votes: 78 40.6%
  • Waiting for something to open (EU, Tropical Americas, etc.)

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • Bad experience not related to park quality (rude guests, got sick, witnessed fight, etc.)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (Feel free to share below!)

Votes: 21 10.9%

• Total voters

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And if those are the people in charge, that is an issue. Why would you invest money in a company that you dont understand or know why it works?? You need someone who can understand how the place works now and have a great vision for it's future as the crown jewel of your corporation. Marie
Investors do not care as long as the stock is profitable. How the actual company is being run is largley irrelevant.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have this crazy notion that if the company is being run well, the profits will increase. Crazy talk, I know!! Marie
Run well is a mater of perspective. What is good for the stock price is not always good for the consumer. To quote a line from The Handmaiden's Tale “Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some.”

StarshipDisney

I only picked one: Too many cuts to perks and overall quality.

I must admit they are starting to get better...starting that is. The parking fees I paid in 2022 are gone. Advance planning for rides again will be a good upgrade although it needs to be more than 7 days (why, because I want to know if I can have a good trip BEFORE I make final payment.) The dining plan is back but not as good as it was. They need to bring back package delivery to your resort. They need to bring back more of the park tours they had before COVID.

Still not planning a trip back yet though. The need to entice me more than they have so far. Hello Epic Universe and Portofino Bay hotel in 2025.

Goofyernmost

Run well is a mater of perspective. What is good for the stock price is not always good for the consumer. To quote a line from The Handmaiden's Tale “Better never means better for everyone... It always means worse, for some.”
Sure, but wouldn't screwing over the customer eventually mean a major loss to stock holders? That would eventually result in a decline in stock prices causing stock holders to abandon ship? With that abandonment by holders and the loss of customers mean the end to the business?

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Fortunately, current leadership is both tanking the stock and flipping off the consumer at the same time.

Win-Win?

GigglesMcSnort

Sure, but wouldn't screwing over the customer eventually mean a major loss to stock holders? That would eventually result in a decline in stock prices causing stock holders to abandon ship? With that abandonment by holders and the loss of customers mean the end to the business?
Only if enough customers eventually stop giving Disney money to be screwed over.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Sure, but wouldn't screwing over the customer eventually mean a major loss to stock holders? That would eventually result in a decline in stock prices causing stock holders to abandon ship? With that abandonment by holders and the loss of customers mean the end to the business.

Investor priorities continue to be with DTC. That is where the substantial focus of the company is and what really gets all the attention of investors. DTC priorities changed from subscriber count to extracting max ARPU primarily via advertising dollars and subscription costs.

The Parks and Experiences segment are the ugly workhorses that inject cash into the company. Investors really don't care much about what happens at WDW or DCL.

Goofyernmost

Investor priorities continue to be with DTC. That is where the substantial focus of the company is and what really gets all the attention of investors. DTC priorities changed from subscriber count to extracting max ARPU primarily via advertising dollars and subscription costs.

The Parks and Experiences segment are the ugly workhorses that inject cash into the company. Investors really don't care much about what happens at WDW or DCL.
I would think that since Disney stock prices are falling I think they are indeed paying attention to the workhorses and reacting to them. It hasn't been a secret that the parks are the life blood of Disney over the past few years.

graphite1326

If I am not mistaken per Florida building code, water features follow the same rules as pools, splash parks etc.

If Journey of Water is harmful to the environment and should be removed then you will also want to add every swimming pool on property, every decorative fountain, and every water attraction up to and including PoTC, Small World, Three Cablinaro's, etc. to that list.
Oh you are right but that's the way it is. Kinda like all these people up in arms about what the use of oil does to our environment especially when spilled but say nothing about the millions of miles of roads made from asphalt (as it seeps into the ground).

John park hopper

Oh you are right but that's the way it is. Kinda like all these people up in arms about what the use of oil does to our environment especially when spilled but say nothing about the millions of miles of roads made from asphalt (as it seeps into the ground).
There is nothing since the dawn of man that man has not affected the environment in negative way. As the human population continues to grow the environment will continue to degrade.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is nothing since the dawn of man that man has not affected the environment in negative way. As the human population continues to grow the environment will continue to degrade.
It is not that black and white. While everything we and every other force of nature has an effect there are some that can be mitigated where others will cause what we perceive as harm. In the simplest terms, it is the dose that creates the poison.

WDW used to be my favorite place on earth to visit. We used to go about 1 time for every year to year and a half, and I've been going for over 40 years. Last two visits the costs were horrendous. 4 combos for lunch or dinner at Cosmic Ray's cost about 70 dollars, and for cafeteria food. Value resorts are no longer a value. Last trip I stayed in a timeshare resort, paid right at 100 dollars a night, drove myself, and we had such a nice time. Didn't have to be squeezed into buses with other sweaty humans after walking miles during the day, had the ability to cook breakfast for ourselves, and we were near Kissimmee, so I could go to a chain steakhouse nearby for steaks and ample portions for 1/3 the cost of the same on property. We did go to Ohana, and while it cost 300 dollars for dinner for 4, we still enjoyed the experience. (Nostalgia from when my kids were young).

When it comes to offerings for the cost, compared to Eisner 's era, this iteration of Disney Parks is a rip off. Parks are dirty, all the perks are gone, and lightning lanes are a caste system meant to separate us more and more from our money. Burned out lights, poorly operating attractions, lines too long, over selling lightning lanes, and waiting an hour and a.half for Pirates due to the lightning lane nonsense.

Ultimately, I'm done until Iger is gone. I feel he's driving the Disney Company into the toilet, and if the company ends up sold, our once loved destination's day may be numbered.

WDW has become Las Vegas...overpriced, dirty, and meant to empty your pockets down to the lint. I long for the days of WDW TIps for today, Stacy, E ride nights, true extra magic hours, reasonably priced parties and restaurants. It makes me very sad to have written the things I did, but after years of loyalty and dedication to the brand, Iger is determined to show those of us not wealthy that he doesn't give a darn about us or our business. He wants WDW to be a playground for the wealthy. (Sorry for the rambling, but that was kind of cathartic)

Chi84

Premium Member
WDW used to be my favorite place on earth to visit. We used to go about 1 time for every year to year and a half, and I've been going for over 40 years. Last two visits the costs were horrendous. 4 combos for lunch or dinner at Cosmic Ray's cost about 70 dollars, and for cafeteria food. Value resorts are no longer a value. Last trip I stayed in a timeshare resort, paid right at 100 dollars a night, drove myself, and we had such a nice time. Didn't have to be squeezed into buses with other sweaty humans after walking miles during the day, had the ability to cook breakfast for ourselves, and we were near Kissimmee, so I could go to a chain steakhouse nearby for steaks and ample portions for 1/3 the cost of the same on property. We did go to Ohana, and while it cost 300 dollars for dinner for 4, we still enjoyed the experience. (Nostalgia from when my kids were young).

When it comes to offerings for the cost, compared to Eisner 's era, this iteration of Disney Parks is a rip off. Parks are dirty, all the perks are gone, and lightning lanes are a caste system meant to separate us more and more from our money. Burned out lights, poorly operating attractions, lines too long, over selling lightning lanes, and waiting an hour and a.half for Pirates due to the lightning lane nonsense.

Ultimately, I'm done until Iger is gone. I feel he's driving the Disney Company into the toilet, and if the company ends up sold, our once loved destination's day may be numbered.

WDW has become Las Vegas...overpriced, dirty, and meant to empty your pockets down to the lint. I long for the days of WDW TIps for today, Stacy, E ride nights, true extra magic hours, reasonably priced parties and restaurants. It makes me very sad to have written the things I did, but after years of loyalty and dedication to the brand, Iger is determined to show those of us not wealthy that he doesn't give a darn about us or our business. He wants WDW to be a playground for the wealthy. (Sorry for the rambling, but that was kind of cathartic)
That sounds awful! I can honestly say we’ve never had that kind of experience. I can understand if you never return.

Dad 2 M & M

If the attendance reports are true, that has started.
We still go, and our issue has ALWAYS been crowds! Crowds/lines weren't even a choice on the Poll!!

Been a minute....how are you and your peeps?
I can only hope that is true.
Crazy CROWDS/LINES isn't even on the Poll.......maybe it is lightening up now, but INSANE CROWDS for the past few years is what really hurt our experience......all while the cuts listed on this trail were happening....shame on Disney? Guest play any role in this?

Dad 2 M & M

Where can you get these 1/3 cost meals? The other side of I4 in Disney Springs is within pennies of Disney prices....192?536?

Lines too long were the issue for sure

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom