Poll: Disney Dining

What is your favorite Disney Restaurant?

• Victoria and Albert's

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Chefs de France

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Narcoossee's

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • California Grill

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Flying Fish

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 'OHanah's

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Yachtman Steakhouse

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Artist's Point

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

JBloom1029

Although it was not one of the choices on the poll I love to eat at Fultons Crab House. The food is great and I love being on the boat and looking out to the lagoon. For the restaurants on the list I would have to go with the California Grill. Howeve i have to say that Universal has some restaurants better than Disney like Emerils which is very good, Mama Dellas at portofino which has great italian food, and of course the palm at the hard rock has great food as it does at every palm around the country especially in east hampton.

Frankcub

Original Poster
I keep dating myself in these forums....I remember when Fulton's Crab House was the Empress Lilly. You had to take a tram-bus type of vehicle on a dirt road out to the boat just to visit the area! Nothing else existed then! The service was fantastic, but as I recall, the steamboat was the only object in sight. The Treehouse Villas were somewhere in the "forest" at the time. How things have changed....!

JBloom1029

Wow, thats really interesting I didnt know that. Thanks for the info. It shows you how things can develop in time from something small to a place thats as crowded as it is there now.

Frankcub

Original Poster
Hmmm...looks like Ohana's and California Grill are the winners so far. Surprised no one has voted for the Flying Fish: "sleeper" restaurant here w/ a great wine list and terrific menu.
I also forgot to put the Brown Derby on the poll!! I haven't been there in a few years, but from what I can remember, the restaurant was very good!!

Disneynut

I had to vote for Chefs de France. I find the food very enjoyable and I love to sit in the front section and watch the people walking by.

Smee

Just had a great meal at Brown Derby on the Fantasmic package. Food was great, service was good and we were seated very close to the PS time.

Although it's not considered "fine dining", I still love Liberty Tree Tavern. The food and service has always been very good. Ask for the Ben Franklin room, a quiet dinner oasis in the MK.

Just also had dinner at Emerils at US. Honestly, I had many better meals at WDW.

TynkerBelle

Nothing compares to Victoria and Albert's. If you can afford it, go, but beware: it is addicting. The Kona Cafe (in the Polynesian) always has great food, too. If you go to either one, make sure you go hungry. After your delicious meal, you won't be able to pass up the phenomenal desserts.

Frankcub

Original Poster
I have never been to King Stephan's Banquet Hall in the Cinderella Castle. I have heard mixed reviews on this one. Has anyone ever been?

Disneynut

King Stefan's Banquet Hall has changed and is now Cinderella's Royal Table. The food has improved 1000%. I would recommend it either for lunch or the Character Breakfast

lileonard

Banned
I personally like o'hanas, does anyone know the price range at the california grill?????????

Just basicly what an average meal would cost?

Frankcub

Original Poster
Wow. So it's now Cinderella's Royal Table, eh?? When did the change take place? I'll need to check this out on the next visit....

Dizknee_Phreek

I've eaten at Cindercella's Royal Table for dinner back in 98. I always order from the child's menu at restaurants like that because the adult plates are WAY too much food for my small appetite. anyway, what i had was really good! and my parents REALLY enjoyed their meal! the desserts are AWESOME!!! if you go, don't pass them up!!
i didn't vote on any of those restaurants because i haven't eaten at any of the ones that were listed. but my top fave of the world has to be....*drum roll please*...Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater! when i was younger, i wasn't really into the whole black and white sci-fi scene. but regardless, i loved the restaurant! it was so much fun! now that i've gotten older, i've kinda gotten into the old classic sci-fi scene (I LOVE when AMC has their Monsterfest around Halloween...the channel AMC, by the way...not the theater) ;)
2nd is probably Cinderella's Royal Table, and also Alfredo's in Italy...they have the BEST meatballs there!!
i gotta tell you all a story about Chefs de France! My dad and I were trying to find a good place to watch Illuminations one night and when we passed Chefs de France he was suddenly reminded of a scene in Ghostbusters. And he told me that he should run up to the window and smash his face and hands into the glass and yell as loud as he could 'SOMEBODY LET ME IN!!! SOMEBODY LET ME IN!!' (those of you how have seen Ghostbusters hopefully know the scene i'm talking about) just the mental image of him doing that and EVERYONE in the whole restaurant staring at him just gets me cracked up everytime i walk by the place! lol...well, i thought it was funny, at least. :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We enjoy going to Cinderella's Royal Table. We ate there for the first time on our last trip to WDW in January. The portions were really big (even when we ate lunch there), and we left feeling like we had just experienced not only a great meal, but a great experience.

Seano846

Originally posted by TynkerBelle
Nothing compares to Victoria and Albert's. If you can afford it, go, but beware: it is addicting. The Kona Cafe (in the Polynesian) always has great food, too. If you go to either one, make sure you go hungry. After your delicious meal, you won't be able to pass up the phenomenal desserts.

Agreed

Attachments

• animickeywalk.gif
    animickeywalk.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 91

Frankcub

Original Poster
The Sci-Fi DineIn Theater--what a hoot!! forgot all about that place. Each visit to WDW I go and visit for lunch; I've even got my brother and his family hooked on the place. And the B-films!! Really makes the experience enjoyable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom