Poll: Disney Dining

What is your favorite Disney Restaurant?

• Victoria and Albert's

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Chefs de France

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Narcoossee's

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • California Grill

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • Flying Fish

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • 'OHanah's

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Yachtman Steakhouse

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Artist's Point

Votes: 5 13.9%

• Total voters

Frankcub

Original Poster
Thought that I would start a poll on favorite hot spots for Disney Restaurants....My all-time favorite is the California Grill (Top of the World). Input, anyone?

scan_man

I use to Love Mama Melrose's at The Studios. But that was while they still had the all you can eat Pasta for Lunch or dinner. I just heard that they did away with that menu, so I don't know if I want to go back.
The other one was the Teppanyaki Dinning room Love the Benni Hanna style Table Cooking.
And Cinderella's Royal Table. Love the Prime rib there.

Frankcub

Original Poster
Scan-man
There are _many_ fine restaurants at Disney World--totally forgot about Teppanyaki--a definite stop at each visit!
Dining has changed quite a bit in the last 15 or so years...

Disney Maniac

I really like Spoodles, but Les Chefs de France is my favorite of the ones listed. I love the glass-enclosed eating area, and the airy feeling to it. The food is good too, especially the beef in Burgundy wine. Yeah, I know it's expensive, but thats what parents are for. LOL.:D :D :D

WDW-Imagineer

It has to be California Grill. Especially when you eat there during the fireworks at MK, they even pipe the music in. This place is just awesome.

Frankcub

Original Poster
Spoodles is now closed for dinner (or is it lunch?) I believe this is due to lack of customers. Does anyone have info on this?

As for disappointments: In my opinion, Coral Reef has had a major setback since its redesign two years ago. The previous chef has since left...and I have not been back. Has anyone been there recently??

The Mom

Premium Member
We ate at Coral Sea in June. The food was OK. I liked the dinner the prevous night at the Brown Derby better. The food at WDW has come a long way since 1983. I was pregnant and was on a special diet:no caffeine and limited sugar & carbs, and I couldn't tolerate meat. They didn't have any bottled water or caffeine free soft drinks. little or no vegetarian entrees, either. My sister-in-law used to pack a cheese sandwich so she could have lunch. I think the food is much better now, although the portion sizes vary too much from restaurant to restaurant. Sometimes one entree is more than enough for two people, sometimes not quite enough for one,a little annoying at some of the prices being charged.

WDW-Imagineer

I really have had no problems with the Coral Reef and I try to make is there every trip. I agree, the food is like it used to be, but I really have to problems with it.

Frankcub

Original Poster
Well, besides the food, the service was possibly one of the worst experiences. I am there to enjoy the atmosphere, let alone the food. All along my waitress was complaining about this and that. When I ordered a very nice vintage of wine, her reply was "Whew! I live just outside Orlando, and that one is so much less expensive at home...." Ahem. O.K. I understand that, maam. This is a restaurant afterall!!
Well...yes, I know that this is a very RARE situation (she must have lost her Mouse Ears in Cast Member Training), but needless to say it definitely took away from the already less than stellar evening....

sillyspook13

I love to eat at Artist's Point. It has great food and nice atmosphere. Plus I love the Wilderness Lodge. (the new wilderness lodge villas have the best lobby anewhere... except maybe las vegas:D )

Ariel

My choice would be Ohana's. The food is delicious and I love the whole atmosphere...everytime we go we're there for a couple of hours since they really let you relax and take your time...of course after all that eating and drinking sometimes it's hard to remember where our room is...lol

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Ariel
My choice would be Ohana's. The food is delicious and I love the whole atmosphere...everytime we go we're there for a couple of hours since they really let you relax and take your time...of course after all that eating and drinking sometimes it's hard to remember where our room is...lol

well my favorite is PH in downtown disney. I love the atomsphere and the food. got to have those ribs hmmmm good

DisneyFreak

I know a lot of people like the California Grille but each time my Wife and I have gone there it has been a terrible experience. The staff (hostess and servers) have been rude and snoty and the manager didn't seem to care. I will not go back!

Okay, sorry, had to vent.........anyway, some of my favorite places to eat in the "World" are:

San Angel Inn - Mexico
Akershus - Norway
Biergarten - Germany
Hoop Dee Doo
Polynesian Luau
The Maya Grille - Coranado Springs
Spoodles - Boardwalk

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
I know a lot of people like the California Grille but each time my Wife and I have gone there it has been a terrible experience. The staff (hostess and servers) have been rude and snoty and the manager didn't seem to care. I will not go back!

When I went there, I had probably the best server I have ever had on Disney Property.

Is there such a thing as a rude Disney employee??

The Mom

Premium Member
Fortunately, rude CMS are very rare, unfortunately they do exist. Ten years ago my daughter & I brought my parents to WDW for their 50th anniversary.Two rooms at Contemp, tower views overlooking MK, special dinner,etc. Unfortunately, about 6 weeks prior to this my mother had a heart attack. She recovered & was recuperating well, but was advised to use a wheelchair for getting around the parks if she made the trip. She was embarassed enough about it, but it didn't help when a CM at the entrance to the Land said "Oh, are we being handicapped today?" when I asked my mom if she felt strong enough to leave her wheelchair behind while we ate. Needless to say, we were all upset and I told the CM that not all handicaps are obvious, and how dare she make such a remark! I reported it to guest services, but never heard anything more.

Frankcub

Original Poster
I've been to the California Grill multiple times (even when it was the Top of the World), and the service has always been impeccable. Maybe it's not as refined as V&A, but then again, that's like comparing Apples and Oranges. From timing, advice, atmosphere, and just plain conversation, the experience has always been top-notch.
As I've said in an earlier post, the only bad experience with dining that I've had at Disney was at the Coral Reef.

Frankcub

Original Poster
Woah!! Sorry to hear about that Marciahahn. It's unfortunate, but rude CM do exist. Also sorry to hear that you had no follow-up on the case...I thought Disney was good for that sort of thing.

jay_london

I think we like the california grill the best its a great atmosphere up there real layed back. We had a fantastic meal last time we were there.

jay

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom