Poll #7 What extinct attraction do you believe should not have been destroyed?

What ride or attraction at WDW do you believe should not have been taken out?

• Horizons

Votes: 52 16.0%
  • Captain EO

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • The Original JII

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Mission to Mars

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Dream Flight

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Alien Encounter

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • Every "Extinct" Attraction

Votes: 21 6.5%

• Total voters

CThaddeus

I depise it whenever Disney decides to kill off a good attraction for something less costly or less reliant on audio-animatronics. EPCOT has suffered the worst because of this, losing everything that made EPCOT wonderful (except Spaceship Earth, which they keep threatening to kill and Wonders of Life, which is being treated as dead though still very much intact). I am a bit surprised no one has mentioned the Tiki Room, though. That Under New Management mess is truly awful...even if it does have some of the best new audio-animatronics.
And am I the only one who thought Mr. Toad was a day-glo nightmare? I'm amazed how many people loved this attraction. Disneyland's is great, and I could ride it all day; but the Magic Kingdom version was just plain lame. I'm sure I'll catch a lot of heat for this, but what was so wonderful about the Magic Kindgom's Mr. Toad that I'm missing? It's like when people say Test Track is such a great ride. I practically gag every time I hear it, especially when compared to what it killed off to be there.
Bring back EPCOT circa 1995!

PhilosophyMagic

STR8FAN2005 said:
Horizons because Mission: Space could have went somewhere else.

Yes, Mission: Space would have been much better to have replaced Universe of Energy, and left Horizons standing. Unless it really was sinking...

However, the absolute saddest thing to see go was Alien Encounter. Even though it wasn't great for repeat visits, it seemed to anchor the thrill sector of MK, by having a beautifully themed, fully immersive experience with a great storyline. It seemed like one of the most creative ideas at WDW.

NADisney

Mr.Toad

Toad's Wild Ride was the only Disney attraction to offer two diffrent story lines of going to "Hell" . :fork:

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Horizons really was sinking, look for the Horizons Tragedy website online and it chronicles the demolision of Horizons and the construction of M:S. During the construction, you can see two sinkholes, one huge, one small, but opening up. Luckily, Disney found a way to double support the structure to go above it without sinking any further. I believe by pushing the metal beam through the ground and attaching a large metal plate at the bottom to anchor it.

CoffeeJedi

above mentioned site's URL:
http://surf.to/horizonstragedy
the pics from July 2000 are just sad, how could they have let people see that?!?! it looked like an open wound on the face of Epcot

for the poll, i was torn between Imagination or Mr. Toad. Toad has the history and is a classic dark ride, but as a kid i was always scared of it, and as an adult i realized that the flat painted sets were a little weak.

Imagination on the other hand meant alot to me as a kid, and was an amazing inovative dark ride (the the adapted Carousel of Progress concept at the beginning was impressive) and used every trick of the dark ride artist's trade. not to mention it had a class Disney theme song. so 'magination for me.

DISNEYFAN17

Man my ride would be Alien Encounter, it was so much fun. I just dont see why the closed it because everytime i was there it had really long lines but o well.

dixiegirl

bring back the skyway..skyliner.....i want the swan boats too!!! (only because i never got a chance to ride the boats lol) yes tacky but i like them....and i miss the skyliner....watched an old video the other day with them...brought back memories!!!

dixiegirl

not that this is an attraction ...but make port orleans riverside DIXIE LANDINGS again!!!!!! i like dixie better...(if you can tell) sorry just my opioion..oh well it'll always be DIXIE LANDINGS to me..

38 more day ..5 hrs till i go back home!!!! to DIXIE LANDINGS..(lol)

DisKid

SKYWAY and 20K

Please tell me it was either a mistake or accident that you forgot to include Skyway and 20K to the list!!!! :cry:

Skyway is where my vote would go without a doubt.

20K I would have LOVED to have ridden, but I didn't get a chance so I don't know what it was like, but it also was a classic that shouldn't have been removed

Steve-B

My vote(s) have to go to Horizons, the original Journey Into Imagination, World of Motion, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and Alien Encounter. There may be one or two others, but they slip my mind right now. Some of the replacements can stay, but I would like to see these come back.

Tara Mae

Triple tie between the ORIGINAL Journey into Imagination, Horizons, and World of Motion.

As DisKid said where's Skyway??!

EDIT: 200th post! :sohappy:

Edeyore

Time to start a campaign. How about a new Mr. Toad's Wild Ride using the
same type of ride system as the Indiana Jones Ride at Disneyland? They
have the room. They have the technology. All they need now is a swift
kick in the pants.

Tenny317

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride! That was my favorite Fantasyland ride! It was a fast paced dark ride that I enjoyed very much. It had many different elements like scary, bright, happy, etc. Though I understand that the rides must eventually change to keep up with the times, I am saddened that Mr Toad never caught on in the mainstream like Winnie the Pooh. I love the characters in Winnie the Pooh but the ride in WDW is a disgrace. The only saving grace for mr toad for me was that it was to be Winnie and then I road it. I feel as though somehting is missing. It feels very empty and thrown together. The ride had greater potential than they gave it

jedimaster1227

Original Poster
Let me apologize again for the accident of leaving out 20k and Skyway and any others.

For the idea of a campaign for Toad, I think a little naive to think that Disney would spend that much money to bring back a ride that has been replaced by a ride that does very well in that spot. (Not saying that I don't miss Toad... A WHOLE Bunch!!!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom