Poll #7 What extinct attraction do you believe should not have been destroyed?

What ride or attraction at WDW do you believe should not have been taken out?

• Horizons

Votes: 52 16.0%
  • Captain EO

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • The Original JII

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Mission to Mars

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Dream Flight

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Alien Encounter

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • Every "Extinct" Attraction

Votes: 21 6.5%

• Total voters

KelsaBels

The original JII...that was my favorite ride as a child. It always reminds me of my first trip to the World and the magic it held for me and my family...and the really short shorts we wore in the '80s :) (that's what we have on in all the pictures)

dxwwf3

Of course, I voted for AE, but I'm surprised Horizons isn't running away with this one. It's interesting to see how alot of new members vote.

MartyMouse

They all have their merits and as far as I understood they still all performed well as far as gust appeal. However I bet Captain EO would be getting more votes if not for the fact that it starred Michael Jackson, it was bay far the coolest 3-D flick yet.

a2grafix

Although I voted for World of Motion, I would have to say the (not listed) 20k leagues under the sea ride and Journey into Imagination. I have not been to WDW since August 1993 so I can't comment on some of the other newer "extinct" rides like AE.

I have my own memories and I guess I will have to keep them until the next time I get back to Central Florida.

Oh, and free Michael Iceburg! I have his old record album. He had an awesome show at Tomorrowland.

SpenceMan01

JII. Hands down. It was my absolute favorite as a child. I was soo horribly disappointed when I went in 2000 and saw the '2nd' version. The current version is still a mere shadow of its former self.

Toad is a close 2nd in my book.

goofyfan13

Out of those choices, I would have to say all of the above except for Mission to Mars. But if I had to choose one, I would say the original JII just because of how bad it's replacement is, with AE in close second for the same reason.

DFD111

I really have to say that out of all of the Attractions that I miss the most is Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It told a very good story and was enjoyable. Winnie the Pooh was not a good choice to give an attraction. If you look at it, they barely changed anything about the ride setup. The track follows the same path. If anyone looks at the layout you can see it. Which shows how little Imagination was used in give Mr. Pooh an attraction. I know that someone is going to make a comment about Stitch, and I have to agree that he should not have taken over Alien Encounter. I am a fan of Stitch but I don't think that he needed to replace Alien Encounter, If anything Stich and Buzz Lightyear should have been given Attractions over @ MGM to help that park out more. The Magic Kingdom is/was/and always will be WALT's PARK, only a couple of attractions have come and gone, but for the most part it hasn't changed alot. I hate the fact that they are adding a play area (almost directly across from The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh) for Pooh. I guess Ariel's Grotto wasn't doing so hot with the OLD 20K Leagues Under the Sea area directly behind her. I have a great idea, level out the old 20K LUS area and build something useful, like Bambi Hunter. :lol: Just kidding. I would just like to see the space used for something everyone can enjoy or at least a vast majority. :)

MartyMouse

a2grafix said:
Oh, and free Michael Iceburg! I have his old record album. He had an awesome show at Tomorrowland.

Free??? Is he locked up or something? I remember him and (even though I was very young) I thought he was cool. :(

captcanada

Bravesfn1 said:
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. The Many Adv. of Winnie the Pooh is really bad!

I agree that Mr. Toads should have stayed! 100%

I do not agree that Winnie the Pooh is bad, though. I like Winnie.
Tis cute.

But, ya......Mr Toad got my vote.

I.M.Fearless

I voted Journey Into Imagination. That ride seems to be gone completely right now, compared with my second choice, which still exists in California. JII could be totally redone, as long as they bring back Dreamfinder.
Second would be Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Like I said, this only came second because it still does exist in California. Plus, maybe a brand new, totally revamped version, maybe with Hunny Hunt technology or something. Perhaps in the 20,000 Leagues area. Oops, they told me not to tell anyone about that.... :hammer:

mrtoad

a2grafix said:
Although I voted for World of Motion, I would have to say the (not listed) 20k leagues under the sea ride and Journey into Imagination. I have not been to WDW since August 1993 so I can't comment on some of the other newer "extinct" rides like AE.

I have my own memories and I guess I will have to keep them until the next time I get back to Central Florida.

Michael Iceberg and his Iceberg Marchine was the best. I purchased his CD that was recording at Tomorrow Terrace called "Iceberg Does it Live" a couple of years back after I stumbled across his website. He even sent me a copy of something new he was working on called Friday Night Fever. It was a burned disc as it was something he had not released. Very cool guy.

If anyone wants to check out his site to purchase the CD you can find it here: http://www.michaeliceberg.com/ice_cd.html

If you click on the gallery button on the site there are a few shots of him at both Tomorrowland Terrace and when he played at the opening of EPCOT Center.

Good stuff!

Rinxman

There was no reason to scratch Mr. Toad's. It was a must ride when we would go when I was younger. I guess they just gecided that something like Winnie the Pooh would be for fantasy or child friendly. Still they could have gotten rid of something else for Pooh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom