Poll #7 What extinct attraction do you believe should not have been destroyed?

What ride or attraction at WDW do you believe should not have been taken out?

• Horizons

Votes: 52 16.0%
  • Captain EO

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • The Original JII

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • World of Motion

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Mission to Mars

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

Votes: 73 22.5%
  • Dream Flight

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • Alien Encounter

Votes: 53 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 22 6.8%
  • Every "Extinct" Attraction

Votes: 21 6.5%

• Total voters

Glasgow

Absolutely without question it has to be Horizons. I still can't get the image of that gigantic movie screen out of my head!

LaughingGravy

One of the things Walt said

One of the things Walt said was that in Florida, they'd have the blessing of space.
I have to think that at least some of the extinct attractions could have been easily been kept and the park expanded out more toward the back. Look at Mickey's Toontown. I see a bit of wasted space there.

I sorely miss 20,000 Leagues, especially in light of the probable? integration of the new hologram technology Living Seas and DL subs would be getting.
Those subs were really a joy to behold,even if the line was too long. I've got a viewmaster reel and seeing them in mini 3-D is as close as I'll probably ever come again to seeing them close up. Due to some apparent underhandedness, by some accounts, we'll miss out on that with the really cool vehicles.

The really innovative, though older rides, I think, are what keep many of us coming back. HM, Pirates, CoP, Country Bear, even Space Mountain. Can you imagine going to the MK without them?

I do agree that Mission to Mars did need yet another renovation, but I hated AE and Stitch is just plain rude. Perhaps something more along the line of what we really know about Mars, with a more scientific "Tomorrowland" theme would have been received well instead of another promotion for more plush.

I cringe at what they did to the Tiki Room at WDW vs. the beautiful makeover DL received. Gilbert Gottfreid!?! As if I needed to hear that voice twice in a lifetime. I change the channel if I ever I hear it.

I really liked If You Had Wings with it's catchy song, but I'm glad the Rio Del Tiempo holds the same tradition of classic Technicolor movies following you from scene to scene. That's just great!! All kids should be exposed to that great bit of technical entertainment on a level that's not computer generated. There's a history of film that should not be forgotten.

tracyandalex

i loved the original imagination ride. oh and of course 20k. also, i know it's not extinct yet, but i know cop is endangered and i hope it can be saved.

tracy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom